The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

41 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Taking a long weekend for Easter and I'll spend much of it on Lake Travis.

If you're looking for a spot to eat, give Shack 512 a shot if you haven't already.  It's the old Cafe Blue and has pretty damn good food for a lake restaurant.

20 hours ago, G650 said:

Hopefully this one won't be full of fucking powerboaters

Fuck no it wont. GD stinkpots. 

More people are getting these. I think I could sail it with the family. Might have to pull the trigger. (cant afford to get into the real sport boat category)

J70_spin06_blu-769-913-470-100-c.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Fuck no it wont. GD stinkpots. 

More people are getting these. I think I could sail it with the family. Might have to pull the trigger. (cant afford to get into the real sport boat category)

J70_spin06_blu-769-913-470-100-c.jpg

Yeah, Charleston RW is basically making their whole numbers with them. Like 65 or so I think.

You'll always have a fleet, that's for sure.

Hahahaha yeah that is the reaction I get a lot. Gimmie my 1979 J shitbox that destroys your body every time you go out, no matter how casual. I would love to go for a ride on the rocket you got. Just not at night during the Mack. ;)

Edited by HOOKEM4

1 minute ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Hahahaha yeah that is the reaction I get a lot. Gimmie my 1979 J shitbox that destroys you everytime you go out, no matter how casual. I would love to go for a ride on the rocket you got. Just not at night during the Mack. ;)

Well, we are pretty sure we won't drop you over the side, and if we do, we are really prepared to get you back.

A few of us gave a presentation at the Annapolis Safety at Sea seminar this past weekend. Had a pretty captivated audience.

Timely thread reminded me to set up service appointment for next month to get the X1 ready to go back on the water. I think I’m also going to do some additional stereo upgrades this year. Now I just need to find a bay boat and I’ll be ready to go.

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Hoping to upsize this year. 

I said that after about the 3rd run in my current boat.  My problem is I like to run all the the lakes around Central Texas so dealing with a 24' boat over a 21' boat keeps me from upsizing.  21' is just so much easier to deal with.

Planning on up-sizing from 16ft flats sled to family friendly bay boat in 22-24ft range.  Got the pictures and text all ready for the sale of my flats boat.  Was going to post them up after the weekend... Tuesday approaching lunchtime and I can't bring myself to post it yet... 

8 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Very nice!  Here's mine.

What vintage is that piece of art? 

Secondly, is the PCM logo on the exhaust header jacket painted on or a decal? Mine is a decal and one side delaminated this winter. 

As for the PCM logo, it's a decal.  Mine have peeled a bit in a few places.   You could probably get some yellow engine paint and touch it up.  I think the decals are over cast/raised lettering.

Then again, it's not like anyone but you is likely to see it.  But I wouldn't judge. :)

And, of course, there's plenty of unavoidable surface rust on the underside of the exhaust manifold.