The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

9 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Getting up on a surf board is pretty easy and straight forward. Heels on the board. Boat starts to go, let your ass got your ankles and roll up. If you have ever wakeboarded, it’s really, really easy.

I figure it will be easy. I've wake boarded a little, knee boarded a lot, skied, etc. I love to snowboard.  Kids have just about out grown the ski trainer.  They'll mostly be interested in tubing for now, but I'm ready to start pushing them to surf soon.  5yo boy and 7 yo girl. The girl appears to have gotten all the height and athleticism, at least so far. It's a cruel, cruel world. 

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

For anyone interested in a boat, a friend of a friend just posted one for sale on Facebook, the boat is in Austin.

2015 Malibu 22 VLX

275 hours.  They're asking $75,000

119001357_360186075020538_27678527244699

118984350_360186318353847_67832245860905

118964302_360186351687177_53445818494169

119058216_360186245020521_47051141267412

Damnit!  Just a hair late.

Story of my life.  Beautiful rig and love the color scheme.

One of the Rev10's on the tower was blown.  Color me surprised.  Original owner must have had ears of steel.

Boat Town slapped a new one on gratis.  Well, to me it was.  I'm sure the seller took that hit.

Also installed a depth finder and did a full re-do on the gelcoat, no cost to your's truly.  I do not haz disappoint.

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yours looks good, Cajun.  Didn't really intend to bag on it.  I think you're gonna love it!

It's all good.  It's nowhere as easy on the eyes as that Nautique, but like I said, it'll work till I can find an affordable SANTE.

Main thing is that everyfuckin'thing on it works and it's clean enough for open heart surgery.

For now.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

One of the Rev10's on the tower was blown.  Color me surprised.  Original owner must have had ears of steel.
Boat Town slapped a new one on gratis.  Well, to me it was.  I'm sure the seller took that hit.
Also installed a depth finder and did a full re-do on the gelcoat, no cost to your's truly.  I do not haz disappoint.

I think the purchase was a smoking deal and hard to say no to. That boat will float and be available for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

At least has a color scheme that @Brew would like.  

Nice looking boat, but I don’t think you understand just how vanilla I am. This is my color combo speed.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2021-Mastercraft-NXT22-for-sale-Mesa-Arizona-116108.aspx

Edited by Brew

31 minutes ago, Brew said:

Nice looking boat, but I don’t think you understand just how vanilla I am. This is my color combo speed.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2021-Mastercraft-NXT22-for-sale-Mesa-Arizona-116108.aspx

Dang.  That white/black above would be pushing it for me, but I'm not in the Ski/Wake world. I thought that was pretty tame (and also pretty good looking combo)!

I loke the inland surfer boards. The new boats like your bad ass girl is simple... full ballast and adjust plate to shape it steep or long. No docks where I surf so I aim my wave into shore. I get some looks sometimes by people anchored up near shore in a nice surf cove when it’s windy out.

3 hours ago, Brew said:

I love the all white.  I wanted this SANTE down here in SA (not all white, but close).

Too rich for my blood, but hot damn what a classy, clean  look...

Image 9-18-20 at 10.17 PM.jpeg

Edited by Cajun

On 9/18/2020 at 12:59 PM, Cajun said:

Well, no turning back now.  Not the sexiest thing, but shines up nice...

IMG_1589 2.jpeg

Outstanding.  Don’t look back.  Full steam ahead.

Had to bring the new exhaust riser down for the mechanic to install, plus I needed to install the new alternator bracket that snapped.  Yes, that’s a 24 hr project and I will be overnighting.  Listening to the MIA v BOS playoff game on Sirius.  Very chill.  And about 20 degrees cooler than Altadena.

E91DC0DF-F810-4818-9C02-6098E711B9C1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

Disaster waiting to happen. Not sure they’ll like their vrbo either. Water is low and the growth from the droughts is still everywhere where there is water. Needs to be dredged and frankly it could use a decent dam/spillway to improve the river front properties.

• Hook 'Em 1

When did the Perd go to shit? That was one of the best places to ride 20 years ago.

The last major drought did a major number. Multiple years with no water, junk trees started growing and half way matured. Those trees line the middle of the river and stick out now even with water there.

10 hours ago, troph said:

The last major drought did a major number. Multiple years with no water, junk trees started growing and half way matured. Those trees line the middle of the river and stick out now even with water there.

Yeah, same thing happened out towards the end of sandy creek arm.  If I was a land owner along either stretch I would have been out there with a chainsaw.  Seems like LCRA should have been on top of that shit. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, same thing happened out towards the end of sandy creek arm.  If I was a land owner along either stretch I would have been out there with a chainsaw.  Seems like LCRA should have been on top of that shit. 

Exactly. My in-laws lived on a small private east Texas lake during the last major drought and everyone was out there with their chainsaws clearing stumps.  When it filled back up, it was a much safer lake. 

1 hour ago, Bob Lives! said:

Exactly. My in-laws lived on a small private east Texas lake during the last major drought and everyone was out there with their chainsaws clearing stumps.  When it filled back up, it was a much safer lake. 

I’ve been wondering why no one was doing this during the drought. I don’t know if LCRA had something to do with it but it was a terrible mistake for anyone with Ped River front property.