The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

Of course not. It's a fucking fiberglass ski boat.

Yes you can get laid on it but you should wait until the sun goes down and most will frown upon you doing that in their Cove if you’re too loud. Cows creek is preferred over bee creek for fucking on a ski boat at night.

4 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Jesus those things are expensive.  And my FIL also knows nothing about boats.  We have to tale lessons to learn how to drive the thing.

I think I've met your FIL.  Does he happen to look like this?

zzzpln3.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hanrahan said:

Jesus those things are expensive.  And my FIL also knows nothing about boats.  We have to tale lessons to learn how to drive the thing.

No better place to learn than in a budget, starter boat like a brand new Cobalt. Just be careful around docks and avoid shallow water. That should at least keep you afloat.

29 minutes ago, Brew said:

No better place to learn than in a budget, starter boat like a brand new Cobalt. Just be careful around docks and avoid shallow water. That should at least keep you afloat.

Well, and remember to put in the plug before putting in... :)

The catamaran looked nice, other than it needed a good buffing.  I spent the week drooling at all the Chris Crafts around town.  In the marinas, at the dealers, way too much fuck you money out there.  Wife really wanted an old wood boat, but I think our mechanic at Action Marine finally broke her of that back in March.

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

The catamaran looked nice, other than it needed a good buffing.  I spent the week drooling at all the Chris Crafts around town.  In the marinas, at the dealers, way too much fuck you money out there.  Wife really wanted an old wood boat, but I think our mechanic at Action Marine finally broke her of that back in March.

You picked a good woman.

You should compromise and get her a g650 approved ski boat.

5855112_20160629121345137_1_XLARGE.jpg

5 minutes ago, 686 said:

that hull profile and paint scheme add some inches

They make some whoppers now, this was the biggest one back then though. Jupiters in general have great lines. And no god awful integrated transom bracket bullshit on most.

So my family has had a boat in Channel Islands Harbor off and on since 1979, and a house since 1972. House is going on the market shortly since both parents have passed, and tomorrow morning I move the to San Pedro permanently. Sun is setting on my last night here. Weird feeling. I have a lot of fondness for this place, but being 3.5 hours from Catalina and about half the drive, San Pedro is the right move. Will miss "the Nard" though. A very unique place.
f8c45bf5a9eca9724df6442f1b256ddf.jpg

Up at 4:45 tomorrow morning with a 60nm solo run to Pedro.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

So my family has had a boat in Channel Islands Harbor off and on since 1979, and a house since 1972. House is going on the market shortly since both parents have passed, and tomorrow morning I move the to San Pedro permanently. Sun is setting on my last night here. Weird feeling. I have a lot of fondness for this place, but being 3.5 hours from Catalina and about half the drive, San Pedro is the right move. Will miss "the Nard" though. A very unique place.
f8c45bf5a9eca9724df6442f1b256ddf.jpg

Up at 4:45 tomorrow morning with a 60nm solo run to Pedro.

Bittersweet mate.

Had some friends down in Oxnard when I lived in SB, interesting place.

12 minutes ago, troph said:

I love PV like crazy love but I’ll admit I’ve missed my boat like I’d miss my lady after a few days.

Should have left me the keys and I would have kept her company for you. She stands out when you're walking down the path to the marina. Real nice looking boat. 

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Can surf though.

They are great for free boarding behind, but nothing compared to tankers. Submarines are still the top though, you can actually get pitted in a sub wake.

On 5/28/2018 at 2:56 PM, BearSchlong said:

Nice.

Hey, you folks that run 4 stroke Yamahas with the hose connection for fresh water flushing. . .do you run your engine as well or just let it flush?

No running. Just the hose.