The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

Only thing I would add is make it to Anegada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit Anegada while there a few months prior with a sailing instructor. We had terrible weather and a terrifying overnight anchorage. I didn’t feel comfortable in a monohull hitting the channel on my own so we skipped it. On a cat I was considering it on our upcoming trip.

We also skipped Cane Garden (6) and Sopper’s Hole (9) and stayed at Norman 2 of the last 3 nights. The family would have stayed 3 nights at Norman but I wanted to sail so we ended back at Cooper.

a56c563bf955a8e8419b213e11946678.jpg

Summer has arrived. Had one of those long ass Sunday’s on Lake Austin, the kind that required taking a Monday off.

My boat is coming up on its first 100 hours and I haven’t had service since buying it at 60 hours 6 months ago. Definitely just about service time. This is a first for me. Thought about doing it myself but I’ve got zero experience. Anyone have a recommendation for a dockside service that they’re confident in, other than just paying through the teeth to my local dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Marine
  • Like 1

Man, I love boats.  Was out at Canyon today by the dam soaking in the 94F heat and wiping down the interior when I hear yelling coming from the "beach" area where people are hanging out/swimming/etc.  I pull focus on a group in tubes waving their arms franticly at me and immediately thought someone was drowning, so I cranked up and did the couple of hundred yards over to them in a few seconds. 

Turned out to be a couple of guys and a bunch of girls rockin' some asses that you could bounce quarters off of.

Then it comes - "Hey mister, could you take us wake surfing?"  Didn't get any pics of them doing that (they were damned good at it, but I was concentrating on the wheel), but I did manage a few once the board was put away.

Two of them made for some nice bow ornaments at sunset time.  Did I say I love boats?

B9B26B2F-C59B-4794-BF64-18FF34D56345.jpeg

ABA6E48E-6B13-41B5-A0D0-44CB045A86AE.jpeg

IMG_2924.jpeg

82989D6C-F10A-4902-89D3-41B5E0E6150E.jpeg

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Woke up on the boat this morning.

I’ve heard people say that the difference between a boat and a yacht is when you step onto it, if it moves, it’s a boat, if it doesn’t, it’s a yacht.

If that’s the case...woke up in the yacht this morning. Damn she’s a solid ass bitch.

One of the best night’s sleep of my life. Hot wife laying next to me. Life is good. Actually, life is fucking great!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Woke up on the boat this morning.

I’ve heard people say that the difference between a boat and a yacht is when you step onto it, if it moves, it’s a boat, if it doesn’t, it’s a yacht.

If that’s the case...woke up in the yacht this morning. Damn she’s a solid ass bitch.

One of the best night’s sleep of my life. Hot wife laying next to me. Life is good. Actually, life is fucking great!

Who's hot wife?

(I keed...)

• Haha 1

I used to live in NOLA.  It's not a big leap from being "mistahed" to "mistered".  

Old hat.  

Commons Ford out on L ATX was much better for bare breasteses on the boat, however.  Once a month occurance.  Point being, I'm an aware and very willing target.

Edited by Cajun

7 hours ago, Cajun said:

I used to live in NOLA.  It's not a big leap from being "mistahed" to "mistered".  

Old hat.  

Commons Ford out on L ATX was much better for bare breasteses on the boat, however.  Once a month occurance.  Point being, I'm an aware and very willing target.

I sir and mister my sons often, it wasn’t common courtesy for you old man. Wink wink. It’s ok, you got them on the boat for a good time, better than this grumpy queer muddled aged lezzie could prolly ever do. 

Edited by troph

/csb time

Lat22 and I were in Cabo staying at some resort hotel on Medano Beach.  We left it all on the field the night before and were feeling lower than snake pussy, so we decided to hang by the pool one day for a recharge.

We set up shop, got some hair of the dog, busted out the jam box for some tunes, and dug in for the long haul under the Baja sun.  About 30 min in or so I notice 5 or 6 hot little numbers probably 18 or 19 yrs old across the pool staring our way.  I covertly got Lat's attention and said, "Don't make it obvious, but look across the pool at what's trying to muster up the courage to come talk to us".  Lat gives a peak and say something like "Mush Mushi" or sumsuch and then just kinda fades back out.  

Sure enough, two of them start swimming directly towards us and now I'm doing the loud whisper thing back at Lat - "Dude!  I told you, they're coming over.  They can't resist this shit!" blah blah blah.  I see Lat's eyelid crack to take in the spectacle.

Then, the moment of truth, they're just below our feet in the water hanging onto the side of the pool.  The hottest one opens her mouth looking directly at me and it comes -- "Excuse me sir, do you have any cigarettes?" 

I was 23.

I drank a lot that night.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Brew said:

I clearly ride on the wrong lakes based on your experiences versus mine. Maybe it’s the kids that are always with me that throws them off though.

Maybe it's your music Brew 😉 --

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

/csb time

Lat22 and I were in Cabo staying at some resort hotel on Medano Beach.  We left it all on the field the night before and were feeling lower than snake pussy, so we decided to hang by the pool one day for a recharge.

We set up shop, got some hair of the dog, busted out the jam box for some tunes, and dug in for the long haul under the Baja sun.  About 30 min in or so I notice 5 or 6 hot little numbers probably 18 or 19 yrs old across the pool staring our way.  I covertly got Lat's attention and said, "Don't make it obvious, but look across the pool at what's trying to muster up the courage to come talk to us".  Lat gives a peak and say something like "Mush Mushi" or sumsuch and then just kinda fades back out.  

Sure enough, two of them start swimming directly towards us and now I'm doing the loud whisper thing back at Lat - "Dude!  I told you, they're coming over.  They can't resist this shit!" blah blah blah.  I see Lat's eyelid crack to take in the spectacle.

Then, the moment of truth, they're just below our feet in the water hanging onto the side of the pool.  The hottest one opens her mouth looking directly at me and it comes -- "Excuse me sir, do you have any cigarettes?" 

I was 23.

We might have been 25. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

/csb time

I was 23.

If she smokes, she pokes! 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Cajun said:

Maybe it's your music Brew 😉 --

My daughters are teenagers and they control the music, that may very well have something to do with it. I’m not sure One Direction or Taylor Swift are going to attract the ride a longs. Music is one place we have failed them as parents. They just listen to shit.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Brew said:

My daughters are teenagers and they control the music, that may very well have something to do with it. I’m not sure One Direction or Taylor Swift are going to attract the ride a longs. Music is one place we have failed them as parents. They just listen to shit.

My teenage daughter loves 80s music.  I always put her in charge of the playlist for parties or out on the boat, and she kills it.

I appear to be a much better parent than you.

(Just kidding, of course.

Mostly. :) )

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brew said:

That’s a BINGO!

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m friends with this woman. 18 months ago they bought a cat motor yacht, flew to Europe and picked it up, slow motored across the Atlantic (with a captain and crew), and spent a year living on it in the Caribbean. They are back now.  

http://www.cruisingcolette.com/about-us/hello-and-welcome/

My 7 year plan is that but a sailing cat and the med. next 7 years to learn enjoy the islands in the Caribbean then when my 11 year old jailbreaks we are done and gone.  Finish my monohull big boat certification next week. Cats for living are amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, troph said:

My 7 year plan is that but a sailing cat and the med. next 7 years to learn enjoy the islands in the Caribbean then when my 11 year old jailbreaks we are done and gone.  Finish my monohull big boat certification next week. Cats for living are amazing.

You won’t regret any of that.  I’m jealous.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You won’t regret any of that.  I’m jealous.  

I’m at that point where if I don’t put in the effort to get to that place I’ll regret it. My mid life crisis involves big boats that’s certain, not all that other bullshit people think it was. 

• Hook 'Em 3

@dlatin

What make of boat?  I don't recognize the interior layout.

Never seen cushions situated that way up front and next to the driver's seat.  Pretty cool.  

Tower and courtesy lights look very Nautique-ey.

Edited by Cajun

30 minutes ago, Cajun said:

@dlatin

What make of boat?  I don't recognize the interior layout.

Never seen cushions situated that way up front and next to the driver's seat.  Pretty cool.  

Tower and courtesy lights look very Nautique-ey.

Supra, maybe late 2000’s early 2010’s would be my guess.