Father's Day 2018

Viper

Saturday we're taking the boy (4yo) swimming with wife's family and lunch afterwards for his Fathers day. Sunday morning I should wake up to a brand new coffee cup to sip out of for the next year before it gets retired. Then probably just hang around until the UT games starts. Then get hammered

Parents coming over for lunch.  I enjoy cooking so will probably assume those duties, but wife will hopefully do all the cleaning while I get a late afternoon nap.  Sex is never really on the agenda for Father's Day, but I've been getting enough lately that it would just be a bonus.

Just hung up with the wife.  We went from "let's all spend the night on the boat Saturday and sail to Shoreline Village and have brunch at Gladstones Sunday morning" to "you go down Saturday and we'll come Sunday morning and sail over with you" to "why don't you sail over yourself and we'll just drive straight there and meet you."  That would normally be taken as a slight to me, but in retrospect, it sounds glorious.  More me time, which is my favorite time.

I’m sitting alone on my boat listening to Dodgers v Giants (btw, Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday are a great announcing duo.  Not Vin, but are a great listen). A cocktail in hand, getting ready to do a shrimp stir fry.  Installed a new gps just now.  I am in my happy place.  Will have some more me time in the am sailing over to meet the fam for brunch.  Love them, but like time to myself.

• Like 1

I'll get nothing as usual.  As the kids say, "you're so hard to shop for because if you want anything you buy it."  to be fair I always tell them a homemade card would be great but nope, don't even get that.  not that I care really
I dunno...it kinda seems almost like you do...maybe.

I think we're going to watch the Germany/Mexico game at a brewery. Maybe find some BBQ. That's all I need.

25 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I’m not fancy like you with a boat and all, but I’ll get an enthusiastic bj and left alone most of tomorrow.

Listen you pederast Hanrahan, I ain’t fancy.  This boat is 33 years old, but it’s makes me happy.  And lord knows I won’t get a bj.  Although I did tap the wife this morning, which was nice.

My FIL passed away in October, so this is her first Father's Day without her pops.

My dad left when I was 9, and we have not had contact with him in a very long time.  I do searches for obits and  such, and about a month ago is the first time I have ever had a result of "deceased' come up with his name, yet without an official death notice or obit.  I do not wish he was dead, but only for his pain to be over.  He lived almost 40 years without his kids.  I am pretty sure this part of his life absolutely sucked.  It was his choice, to be sure; but that doesn't mean it was easy.

My oldest son is on his first deployment in the Army and is doing well. Younger son just finished first year of college, and is home for the summer working and 'chilling' as much as being at your parents' house allows.

As a son, I have hated Father's Day for a long ass time.  As a dad, it is one of the best days of the year.  It  seems strange to have such a broad spectrum of feelings on the same occasion.

2 minutes ago, DallasHorn26 said:

This is my first Father's day post divorce, so it feels a little weird, but it's been one of the best ever so far.  About to  hit the pool and fire up the grill.

I hope your kids are with you.  Happy Fathers Day to a bunch of assholes I don’t know but for whom I care a great deal.  And I’m not sure why.

• Like 1

This one is confusing for me. I haven’t spoken to my dad in over a decade, by my choice. It was the right decision, and he brought it on himself, but life can be like blackjack; you can play it perfectly and still lose. I’m better without him, but every boy/man wants a father and it leaves a hole in you.

One of my three boys has been making bad decisions for the past 18-mos. Been through Menninger, in-patient, IOP, APG, wilderness, and a therapeutic boarding school. I have lived in a constant state of fear for his safety. He directs much of his anger toward me, tells me what a POS I am, that I’m the world’s worst father, and how he wants the whole world to know. Says it all in front of his friends, my friends, his brothers, etc. He definitely knows how to twist the knife. Recently, I had to put a stop to it and cut him off. Hardest decision of my life. Fathers are supposed to protect their children, but I’m helpless and can only hope he is saved from himself long enough to find his path.

This is my first Father’s Day after, and it feels empty even though my other two boys are with me. I didn’t plan on writing all of this. It just came out. This particular group of assholes really knows how to shift gears and circle the wagons. Thanks for reading, and Hook ‘em. Let’s get those piggies today.

• Like 3

Daughter (7) made me two cards and is working on a third now. Told me her favorite animal is a longhorn. Ate at our favorite local restaurant for lunch. Watching the Horns now, pretty good day.

Happy Father’s Day to all of the degenerates on this board.

OU sucks.

2 hours ago, Ifiwaspresident said:

This one is confusing for me. I haven’t spoken to my dad in over a decade, by my choice. It was the right decision, and he brought it on himself, but life can be like blackjack; you can play it perfectly and still lose. I’m better without him, but every boy/man wants a father and it leaves a hole in you.

One of my three boys has been making bad decisions for the past 18-mos. Been through Menninger, in-patient, IOP, APG, wilderness, and a therapeutic boarding school. I have lived in a constant state of fear for his safety. He directs much of his anger toward me, tells me what a POS I am, that I’m the world’s worst father, and how he wants the whole world to know. Says it all in front of his friends, my friends, his brothers, etc. He definitely knows how to twist the knife. Recently, I had to put a stop to it and cut him off. Hardest decision of my life. Fathers are supposed to protect their children, but I’m helpless and can only hope he is saved from himself long enough to find his path.

This is my first Father’s Day after, and it feels empty even though my other two boys are with me. I didn’t plan on writing all of this. It just came out. This particular group of assholes really knows how to shift gears and circle the wagons. Thanks for reading, and Hook ‘em. Let’s get those piggies today.

Sorry to hear all that.  Hopefully time heals the wounds.

My first father's day. Grilled a lot of meat. Drank a lot of beer. Mother in law was sick so she couldn't make it.

Every once in a while the stars align. 

Also, my 8 month old daughter has been saying dada for the past couple weeks. 

Can't ask for more than that. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kwix said:

My first father's day. Grilled a lot of meat. Drank a lot of beer. Mother in law was sick so she couldn't make it.

Every once in a while the stars align. 

Also, my 8 month old daughter has been saying dada for the past couple weeks. 

Can't ask for more than that. 

The bad news is that this is good as life gets.

The good news is that this is good as life gets.

Took 12yo daughter to see Hearts Beat Loud yesterday and today we all went kayaking in Puget Sound for a couple hours. Had a great beer with lunch, then had afternoon delight when we got home. Finished off the day by hanging with a buddy and his kids at their pool then heading home and playing fetch with my dog. Fucking great day, man.

1st Father's Day since my  Dad passed.  It was always an odd day for me, what with him living his life to his own terms & that frequently not having time for me & my brother.  I'd @ least call him up, but nothing else to do, Texas ----> Virginia, etc.

On my homefront, we didn't really have any specific plans for the day; I considered the Express game but Roxette was sick most of the day with an upset stomach, so other than my wife bringing me bacon & eggs in bed (vs. me simply eating it while I'm sitting on the couch) & giving me a gift (Milwakee LED light that takes my M18 batteries) plus sleeping in late, not much action... didn't go anywhere other than the in law's so my wife could give her Dad his card.  Went by that crappy Q place on 290 @ the  Y - Donn's? - & got shitty  lunch goods.

Back to the house, she's still feeling crappy, so no dinner plans to make.

Up late (currently 0200 on Monday) to complete 1 invoice, 1 estimate & info for a customer to discuss with their insurance carrier why my quote of $ 33,000+ is better than whatever shit is built into their estimate & "PS: our   contractor cannot negotiate with you because that's acting as a P.A., do work it out with us or you'll probably end up with a $ 50,000+ bill after a long, drawn our process."

Yay for me.

On 6/16/2018 at 9:13 PM, Hanrahan said:

I’m not fancy like you with a boat and all, but I’ll get an enthusiastic bj and left alone most of tomorrow.

He's just enthusiastic because the whole thing fits into his mouth without making him gag.