Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

Dan Kilpatrick of The Evening Standard is reporting that Kane is close to signing a new deal that will pay him around £200k/week. There’s also a lot of smoke that we’ve bid for CM/AM Jack Grealish of Aston Villa. Villa reportedly want £30-40m for him, but they really need money right now and we think we can get him for £15-20m.

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I don't know how this works out without moving some players to ManU. We will see..

We wanted Martial to be part of the Toby talks. Man U didn’t want to sell Martial to a competitor. Oh the irony...

Congrats Schulz!

Schedule was posted today. Here it is with tentative dates, pending other competitions:

August
11 Newcastle United v Spurs
18 Spurs v Fulham  (Wembley)
25 Man Utd v Spurs

September
1 Watford v Spurs
15 Spurs v Liverpool
22 Brighton v Spurs
29 Huddersfield Town v Spurs

October
6 Spurs v Cardiff City
20 West Ham v Spurs
27 Spurs v Man City

November
3 Wolves v Spurs
10 Crystal Palace v Spurs
24 Spurs v Chelsea

December
1 Arsenal v Spurs
5 Spurs v Southampton
8 Leicester City v Spurs
15 Spurs v Burnley
22 Everton v Spurs
26 Spurs v AFC Bournemouth - Boxing day
26 Spurs v Wolves

January
1 Cardiff City v Spurs - New Years day
12 Spurs v Man Utd
19 Fulham v Spurs
30 Spurs v Watford

February
2 Spurs v Newcastle United
9 Spurs v Leicester City
23 Burnley v Spurs
27 Chelsea v Spurs

March
2 Spurs v Arsenal
9 Southampton v Spurs
16 Spurs v Crystal Palace
30 Liverpool v Spurs

April
6 Spurs v Brighton
13 Spurs v Huddersfield Town
20 Man City v Spurs
27 Spurs v West Ham

May
4 AFC Bournemouth v Spurs
12 Spurs v Everton

• Like 1

3 hours ago, midtown said:

I'm looking at going to the Man City game on 10/27.  How much movement is there in the schedule?  

There isn't much schedule movement before the new year. The EPL teams won't be engaged with the FA Cup or EFL Cup. And European Cup play only affects Europa teams due to Thursday games. That game should be good.

We reportedly have an agreement in place to sign 24 year old DM/CM Wilmar Barrios of Boca Juniors. He’s a Colombian international. His release clause is €16m. Pochettino reportedly personally asked for him to be signed.

Edited by Schulz2.0

Definitely want to try to get to a game at the new stadium in the Fall. How far out do they typically announce the official day / time for the games? I know it says Spurs are slated to play City the weekend 27-Oct, but all games on the fixture list are currently scheduled for "Saturday at 3:00pm". I assume that game could be played on Saturday, Sunday or Monday (primetime), which would impact my travel plans.

Any guidance based on prior experience would be appreciated.

Edited by scottonian

14 minutes ago, scottonian said:

Definitely want to try to get to a game at the new stadium in the Fall. How far out do they typically announce the official day / time for the games? I know it says Spurs are slated to play City the weekend 27-Oct, but all games on the fixture list are currently scheduled for "Saturday at 3:00pm". I assume that game could be played on Saturday, Sunday or Monday (primetime), which would impact my travel plans.

Any guidance based on prior experience would be appreciated.

I have a similar question.

And what's going on the weekend of October 13?  Is that an international week?

Looking at last year as a frame of reference...

• Sat 9 Sep - PL @ Everton (7 Sat, 2 Sun, 1 Mon [West Ham vs Huddersfield] games)
  • Wed 13 Sep - UCL vs Dortmund
  • Sat 16 Sep - PL vs Swansea (1 Fri [Bournemouth vs Brighton], 7 Sat, 2 Sun games)
  • Tue 19 Sep - Cup vs Barnsley
  • Sat 23 Sep - PL @ West Ham (8 Sat, 1, Sun, 1 Mon [Arsenal vs West Brom] games)
  • Tue 26 Sep - UCL @ APOEL
  • Sat 30 Sep - PL @ Huddersfield (7 Sat, 3 Sun games)
  • Int'l Break
  • Sat 14 Oct - PL vs Bournemouth (7 Sat, 2 Sun, 1 Mon [Leicester vs West Brom] games)
  • Tue 17 Oct - UCL @ Madrid
  • Sun 22 Oct - PL vs Liverpool (1 Fri [West Ham vs Brighton], 7 Sat, 2 Sun games)
  • Wed 25 Oct - Cup vs West Ham
  • Sat 28 Oct - PL @ ManU (7 Fri, 2 Sun, 1 Mon [Burnley vs Newcastle] games)
  • Wed 1 Nov - UCL vs Madrid
  • Sun 5 Nov - PL vs Palace (6 Sat, 4 Sun games)

Seems like PL schedules 1 game for Friday or Monday most weeks although it was usually shit teams last year. Doesn't seem to be any correlation between Champions League / League Cup day and Premier League day (Spurs had Wed / Sat, Tue / Sat, Tue / Sun and Wed / Sun above).

Edited by scottonian
added league cup fixtures

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:13 PM, Captain Ron said:

Seriously, who was having season flashbacks as FUCKING SANCHEZ was getting burned left and right during the Japan game?

tenor.gif?itemid=5226158

Careful, some people here don't like it when you criticize Sanchez. ;)

But yeah, serious flashbacks to the second half of league play.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:56 AM, scottonian said:

After all teams have played two games, here are the standings:

1. Kane, 5 goals
  2. Lukaku & Ronaldo, 4 goals
  3. Costa & Cheryshev, 3 goals

Looks like all five of those guys are going to the knockouts, so it's definitely up for grabs.

They'll need to keep an eye out for Rojo, but these guys, plus a steady Coutinho should be the ones to keep an eye on. Griezmann would be the only guy without 3 or more goals right now that I could see exploding in a couple of games and being right up with Kane. Some might also say "Neymar", but he's too much of a cunt to last long enough to pass Kane.

2 hours ago, mr. littlejeans said:

strong showing from the spurs contingent today. hopefully the doubts about davinson being our centre back of the future were also assuaged. thought he was outstanding today and the more i watch trippier and walker play together the more i think we were right to let kyle leave.

Agreed. Sanchez played well, and Trippier is on the ascent.  Looks like a good decision letting Kyle go, especially after that near fuck up by him late in the match.