Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

I had dreams of going to Mister Tramps at 6:30. It almost came to fruition when I got up at 5:45 to piss (because I’m an old man and that’s what you do when you’re old). But the bed was warm and it was still dark out. So I made sure the dvr was set and went back to bed.

Good win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good win. 

They said during the broadcast that it was the 8th straight road opener for Spurs. I thought that was odd. Seems an excessive amount of consecutive road openers.  That being said, it was nice to get a win in an atmosphere like St. James' Park. Newcastle came out ready to play. 

Hugo was deservedly the Man of the Match. Aurier had a rough match, outside of the great cross to Dele. 

Good to have the EPL back! 

With this year being a uniform disaster, i think Spurs should at least consider some consistency from year to year on at least the first uniform. And this goes beyond them being predominantly white.

A look at historical uniforms (here - http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Tottenham_Hotspur/Tottenham_Hotspur.htm) let's you see a lot of stuff that works. Stuff I think that they should keep or use consistently:

• Body of uniform totally white - the blue shoulders of 16-17, 10-11, 05-06 all meh.
  • Banded sleeve hem should be blue - Every time I see my 15-16 jersey, the sleeves are just awesome. The 16-17 sleeves aren't bad, but the gold kind of breaks it up. 13-14 so so. I think solid blue should be a must.
  • Collar should be blue - Collar or just a band, it should be blue, matching the sleeve cuffs. It's one of the few redeeming qualities of this year's uniform.
  • Use of other colors - no no no. 16-17 is about the most you can do, but 14-15 and 09-10 are awful. Don't risk overdoing it by just not doing it.

Frankly, the best uniform for Tottenham would be the USA Centennial jersey (replace the US crest with the Tottenham Crest of course).

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

With this year being a uniform disaster, i think Spurs should at least consider some consistency from year to year on at least the first uniform. And this goes beyond them being predominantly white.

A look at historical uniforms (here - http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Tottenham_Hotspur/Tottenham_Hotspur.htm) let's you see a lot of stuff that works. Stuff I think that they should keep or use consistently:

• Body of uniform totally white - the blue shoulders of 16-17, 10-11, 05-06 all meh.
  • Banded sleeve hem should be blue - Every time I see my 15-16 jersey, the sleeves are just awesome. The 16-17 sleeves aren't bad, but the gold kind of breaks it up. 13-14 so so. I think solid blue should be a must.
  • Collar should be blue - Collar or just a band, it should be blue, matching the sleeve cuffs. It's one of the few redeeming qualities of this year's uniform.
  • Use of other colors - no no no. 16-17 is about the most you can do, but 14-15 and 09-10 are awful. Don't risk overdoing it by just not doing it.

Frankly, the best uniform for Tottenham would be the USA Centennial jersey (replace the US crest with the Tottenham Crest of course).

Thoughts?

I’m not sure how much input they really have with Nike. Nike seems to make a few shitty templates for uniforms for that season and use them for all the teams they partner with.

Goddammit--I am going to be there in mid-October, and was hoping to at least take a tour of the new place.

They will probably do tours they just can't have 60000 people in there without the safety issue resolved is my guess.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I'd enjoy this United result much more if Spurs weren't visiting United next Monday.

You mean the part where United fire Mou this week and they get the dead cat bounce from a new coach?

Edited by Schulz2.0

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

What are our thoughts on Lucas? 

me likey.

so far so good. his directness and the position poch has had him alongside harry seems to have opened up space for dele and eriksen the past two matches. i imagine he'll struggle for PT when son is back from int'l duty (assuming he's in form), but we finally seem to have good depth and options with our attacking mids. 

need to find a deputy for moose though. this team is night and day when the attack is running through him at the back vs. dier (or anyone else).

He's all smiles because South Korea should have a good chance to win the Asian games this year. Iran was probably last big challenge to make the final as their run in is now:

Uzbekistan in the quarters and then the winner of Syria-Vietnam in the semis.

The team they PROBABLY face in the final is Japan, but they have to come out of their side of the bracket, which includes the host Malaysia.

And it's pretty simple now - win the Asian games, Son will get an exemption from civil service.

• Like 1