2019 WR Jake Smith

3 hours ago, futureman said:

the echo chamber will say otherwise but he is having doubts.  I think it got out that he was going to put his name in but he just hasn’t done it yet.  still a good chance he never wears burnt orange.  

He signed in December when we were still aggressively recruiting Bru, so why would us finally landing Bru give him second thoughts?  Assuming that’s the real reason, of course. 

• 1 month later...

CSB time.  

Met one of the Garrison brothers (Bourbon) at a Phoenix airport bar.  Nice guy.  Got to talking football and turns out his son is Jake's teammate, as in the DB that had to cover him every day in practice.  Said his son was undersized, so hurt his recruitment, but his experience having to cover the best HS receiver in the country helped quite a bit.

Looks like he's going to CO School of the Mines. /CSB

He's got some photos with Jake throwing up the hook 'em sign on his twitter. 

https://twitter.com/james_g_5

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mach 1 said:

CSB time.  

Met one of the Garrison brothers (Bourbon) at a Phoenix airport bar.  Nice guy.  Got to talking football and turns out his son is Jake's teammate, as in the DB that had to cover him every day in practice.  Said his son was undersized, so hurt his recruitment, but his experience having to cover the best HS receiver in the country helped quite a bit.

Looks like he's going to CO School of the Mines. /CSB

He's got some photos with Jake throwing up the hook 'em sign on his twitter. 

https://twitter.com/james_g_5

did you tell him whiskey tastes like the sweat off a hobo’s nutsack?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ricky queso said:

well, I know what whiskey tastes like, but, having never tried it myself, I'll have to take your word on what sweat off a hobo's nutsack tastes like...

salty and bitter.  trust me you don’t wanna get down there and try it.  

On 2/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, Lhorn said:

Buncha rubes up in here

He’s gonna kill it here.  he’s gonna make Jordan Shipley (senior year, not the injured years) look like Jaxon Shipley.  

Before I rule on the accuracy of this post I'm gonna need to know more about Jake's dad's college roommates.

• 2 years later...
23 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Chronic foot issues, good thing he left here to free up some spots 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, Lhorn said:

Buncha rubes up in here

He’s gonna kill it here.  he’s gonna make Jordan Shipley (senior year, not the injured years) look like Jaxon Shipley.  

This aged like a fine cheese. One that fell off the truck on the way to the deli only to end up on the sidewalk in the heat and being walked on by pedestrians, eventually sodomized by a homeless person 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

This aged like a fine cheese. One that fell off the truck on the way to the deli only to end up on the sidewalk in the heat and being walked on by pedestrians, eventually sodomized by a homeless person 

Can you sodomize cheese?

Jake Smith just cannot catch a break. 

And before you roast me for making fun of an injury, know I’m currently laid up in a hospital after having foot surgery to repair shattered bones in my foot.  I actually empathize with Jake. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

I feel bad for him but at the end of the day he wasn’t texas tough. we’re salt of the earth down here, real men. he belongs out west with the vegans. we’re texas. 

I believe he was 1st Team All-State Arizona Vegan Team his senior AND junior years in high school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

And before you roast me for making fun of an injury, know I’m currently laid up in a hospital after having foot surgery to repair shattered bones in my foot.  I actually empathize with Jake. 

Are you also carrying 20# of excess muscle?

3 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Go on…