Best Basslines Out There, Mofos

MaybeACoordinator

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

i'm going to put aside James Jameson for this...he dominates the thread if included.

time for the patented sidis peter gabriel/tony levin contribution but the mixolydian riff on sledgehammer is the engine.

larry klein on mercy street is just as good.

throwing in a wrench since it is just "basslines," not just electric bass.

second movement of beethoven's 7th symphony.  bass line is actually the melody.  and it is extraordinary.

the bass lines on all of chopin's nocturnes are rather stunning.

the bass lines bach wrote in the well tempered series are rather remarkable and set the stage for harmony for the rest of time.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A) who the hell still hears and thinks about The Power Station? You apparently. +1 for that. They were awesome.

B) I have always thought John Taylor laid down that funky bass part. I’m crushed.

C) we used to play that tune in my hs band. We were called 40 Below. 1986. That lead was always fun to play.

D) I saw Duran Duran at the Hard Rock in Vegas in about 2000. They played that tune. Andy Taylor had one of the the best sounding guitar tones I’ve ever heard at that show. Mesa Dual Recto stack. Was mildly surprised by that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

A) who the hell still hears and thinks about The Power Station? You apparently. +1 for that. They were awesome.

B) I have always thought John Taylor laid down that funky bass part. I’m crushed.

C) we used to play that tune in my hs band. We were called 40 Below. 1986. That lead was always fun to play.

D) I saw Duran Duran at the Hard Rock in Vegas in about 2000. They played that tune. Andy Taylor had one of the the best sounding guitar tones I’ve ever heard at that show. Mesa Dual Recto stack. Was mildly surprised by that.

that song came on XM 1st Wave the other day and I remember thinking isn’t this more of a classic rock song vs 80s alternative, and also that bass lines slaps. And then proceeded to go down the usual YouTube rabbit hole. There’s a bunch more studio footage floating around.

• 8 months later...