Solo: A Star Wars Story

Chewy's Hairy Horn

5 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

We already got three Vader movies and they sucked.

Those werent Vader movies. They were whiny ass bitch kid movies with horrible writing and the worst acting known to man. 

A real Vader movie with JEJ would be ideal. 

Spinoff plots:

Kenobi: a crook from Mos Eisley who knows the Lars starts to put it together who Luke is.  Kenobi and Uncle Owen must stop him from alerting Vader and the Empire.  Starring Ewan McGegor and Joel Edgarton.

Vader: Darth Vader terrorizes the galaxy while wrestling with his turn to the dark side, and when he uncovers a Rebel plot to assasinate the Emporer, he must decide whether to remain loyal to his master or seize the opportunity in his quest to rule the galaxy.  

Yoda: The story of how a young Whill became a great Jedi Master.

On 5/14/2018 at 9:46 PM, Snake Diggity said:

Spinoff plots:

Kenobi: a crook from Mos Eisley who knows the Lars starts to put it together who Luke is.  Kenobi and Uncle Owen must stop him from alerting Vader and the Empire.  Starring Ewan McGegor and Joel Edgarton.

Vader: Darth Vader terrorizes the galaxy while wrestling with his turn to the dark side, and when he uncovers a Rebel plot to assasinate the Emporer, he must decide whether to remain loyal to his master or seize the opportunity in his quest to rule the galaxy.  

Yoda: The story of how a young Whill became a great Jedi Master.

R2D2 and C3PO: A story of forbidden love.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

Kathleen Kennedy said at Cannes yesterday that Lando is a spinoff she'd like to do down the road. 

There's rumors that Obi Wan is already in pre-production. Sign me up for more Donald Glover!

Edited by mdmost
Seems she was mistranslated. F'ing Frenchies.

Who trained yoda, and when?  Who discovered the force and first used it? These are important questions that are yet to be answered by the cinematic universe. 

Who designed Leia’s metal bikini? Where was the fashion show where Leia’s metal bikini was introduced? Who was the model that wore it down the catwalk? What eating disorder did she have to overcome? How much did Jabba pay for it?

Burning questions....
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 8:10 PM, In10se said:

Those werent Vader movies. They were whiny ass bitch kid movies with horrible writing and the worst acting known to man. 

A real Vader movie with JEJ would be ideal. 

Ehhh....I think Empire Strikes back transcended the whiny ass bitch kid thing. 

But at least the whiny ass bitch kid movies were better than the political movies Lucas turned out in the early 2000s. 

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ehhh....I think Empire Strikes back transcended the whiny ass bitch kid thing. 

But at least the whiny ass bitch kid movies were better than the political movies Lucas turned out in the early 2000s. 

Ummmm... Whaaaaaa... Yeah nevermind

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

Kathleen Kennedy said at Cannes yesterday that Lando is a spinoff she'd like to do down the road. 

There's rumors that Obi Wan is already in pre-production. Sign me up for more Donald Glover!

A Lando spinoff with Donald Glover would be great, but I'd like KK to not have a controlling interest for once. Can we give Lord/Miller another change to make something with a little edge and creativity?

11 minutes ago, Txzen said:

A Lando spinoff with Donald Glover would be great, but I'd like KK to not have a controlling interest for once. Can we give Lord/Miller another change to make something with a little edge and creativity?

Solo would have to flop big time and Avengers would have to top TFA. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Solo would have to flop big time and Avengers would have to top TFA. 

No doubt. Seems like the early word is that it's a safe and vanilla movie, but that won't constitute a flop. 

On 5/16/2018 at 2:08 PM, Txzen said:

What's Kathleen Kennedy's middle name?

• Like 1

Saw it last night.  Not a SW fantatic, or anything close to it.  I liked Rogue One.  Blah on the Anakin trilogy.  Meh on the recent movies.  

Solo: the first half of the movie was a little too hyperactive.  Lots of action and activity.  Not well-paced or -judged.  Felt like they had a narrative that they wanted to rush through.  2nd half it felt like normal movie again with some twist and turns and arcs and such.  Nothing really compelling.  Han was decently cast.  The rest of them were not so convincing.  Most of the humor fell a bit flat in the theater.  

It's a C+ standalone movie, piggybacking off the franchise.

15 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

This dude gets it.  Worth the watch.  

What a fucking crybaby.

This is whiny Star Wars Internet fanboys distilled into one 15 minute video.  

"Waaaaaaaaa.... they didn't make the movie that I would have made....waaaaaaaaaaa."

STFU

Edited by oSuJeff97

2 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

What a fucking crybaby.

This is whiny Star Wars Internet fanboys distilled into one 15 minute video.  

"Waaaaaaaaa.... they didn't make the movie that I would have made....waaaaaaaaaaa."

STFU

That's exactly what it is but I think he makes a lot of good points.  

I'm enjoying the segment of the fan base that wants people to boycott the first weekend but not boycott the entire thing. So you'll succeed in making it have a lower opening total but it will have a less bad week 2 drop off. That'll show Kathleen! Just stop watching the shit if it bothers you so much because Disney, Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson, etc. are going nowhere.  

Edited by mdmost

7 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

That's exactly what it is but I think he makes a lot of good points.  

The one going point that he made that I think does make sense is that the story arc of the main 7-9 trilogy was clearly not laid out in advance.  That's sort of surprising to me, given that was the primary problem with the sequels.  

The rest of it was all personal taste and typical fanboy boo-hoos about fan service.

Just now, mdmost said:

I'm enjoying the segment of the fan base that wants people to boycott the first weekend but not boycott the entire thing. So you'll succeed in making it have a lower opening total but it will have a less bad week 2 drop off. That'll show Kathleen! Just stop watching the shit if it bothers you so much because Disney, Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson, etc. aren't going anywhere.  

Exactly.

This all feels like an extended rant of pissed off fanboys who didn't like TLJ because it wasn't the movie that THEY would have made.

As far as I recall everyone (for the most part) really liked TFA and Rogue One.  Now all of a sudden there's this huge Star Wars crisis because fanboys didn't like TLJ and they've decided they hate Solo before they even see it?

For fuck's sake. STFU whiny fanboys.

I have to admit I have an odd fascination and bit of irritainment by looking at the comments section on Facebook for any bit of promotion for this movie by Lucasfilm. It's doesn't take more than a few comments to get the angry fanbois who are still harping on TLJ.