Solo: A Star Wars Story

On 4/9/2018 at 10:15 AM, mdmost said:

John Williams is doing the score so it will sound like a Star Wars movie. But it's not going to have the usual fanfare, similar to Rogue One. Rogue One wasn't scored by John Williams. I'll add, it will probably have a lot of variations on Han and Chewie themes from the OT. Similar to Williams score for TFA and TLJ such as the slowed down Han and Leia theme in the trailer for TFA.

R1 did have some goofy music in some parts

On 4/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, ajax said:

I have a prediction. At some point Han is going to say to someone, possibly Chewie:

"I'll never have kids...

It'd be the death of me."

boom-shhhh

Started seeing some artwork recently that shows the MF with the front piece intact?

pbAx0z3.jpg

What is that a cargo hold or escape pod or something?  I think I missed the discussion on that.

The picture looks great.  CGI has come a long way since the prequels.  Interesting angles and what not so it looks like it was made by a real director, which given the reports is surprising  

HOWEVA, I expect the story to be AIDS as usual and Han Jr looks like some spare from Melrose Place. I give it a 90 % chance of pushing me further to the end of my tolerance for Star Wars. 

eh, i dunno, i don't see a problem with boba fett showing up. thinking back on how he got han, and how when han awoke, the name recognition was pretty clear, i wouldn't really object to a bit of history there. he was the only one clever enough to track down han, and the seedy side of the galaxy didn't seem that big.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Solo and Oceans 8 are not similar audiences.

6/8 vs 8/8 release date

Because Disney wants Infinity War to have a full run before the next big movie comes out. The 25th is Memorial Day weekend which will increase the take.

So have the star wars movie come out on may the fourth and infinity war on memorial day

Edited by elfenix
Fuck the quote system on this message board

Up till The Force Awakens, Star Wars movies were always released towards the end of May. The original came out on May 25, 1977. The prequels were all released around the 16th or 19th of May. 

Edited by mdmost

Why would they do this and not a Vader movie while James Earl Jones is still alive? You wouldn't need an acting coach, just a giant in a black suit and James Earl sitting in an easy chair reading lines. 

Plus everyone would love it. Geeks went nuts when Vader went crazy at end of Rogue 1

Typically villains don't get movies of their own. 

This got decent reviews from the premiere crowd. Insert TLJ got good reviews but sucked so how can we believe the reviews response here. I'm hoping this has some Rogue One in it because the universe is so massive that it should be easy to do decent movies that don't involve force users.