2018 US Open - Shinnecock

Wally Fairway

2 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Relevant or not he was the reason I was able to get some college paid for so I will always root and be forever grateful. Anyway, what do you think will be leading after the afternoon group? I'm still not thinking better than -1.

That's something to be grateful for. Good on him.

-1 is in the clubhouse now. They say the wind could pick up. -1 looking good.

3 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Staying within 6 of the lead is a good way of doing that especially when conditions will be harder for the afternoon group.

But thanks for the lesson!

If you think Jordan took one glance at a leaderboard on Thursday morning to see where he stood, you’re more clueless than I imagined. You need a tutorial on Professional Golf 101. 

It’s like you’ve never watched a tournament before. You can’t win it after one round, but you sure as fuck can lose it. And Jordan may have done that. Rory has  

But by all means, continue to track how close Jordan is to the leaders. I’m sure that’s what he’s worried about at this point  

Maybe he’ll be within 10 after day one. 

1 minute ago, LonghornJones said:

I referring to having fun on the course. The game is so much easier when you can get out of your own head.

I know exactly what you were referring to. He bangs who he wants when he wants, has 100s of millions of dollars, and once again, he brought his fucking yacht to a golf tournament but damn if that poor bastard could just have fun on the course. 

So DJ just yanked his drive into the 2 ft rough on #6.  Took 20+ people to help him find it.  When they did, someone had apparently "stepped" on the ball.  So he got a free drop on top of the laid over rough.  Lucky break.  He still had to chop out, but only out of 2-3" rough vs. 2 ft.