Should be unanimous (unless Kirk Bohls has a ballot) - VY to HoF

Huckleberry

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23694912/vince-young-headlines-college-football-hall-fame-ballot

Former Texas quarterback Vince Young, who led the Longhorns to the 2005 national title and finished as the Heisman Trophy runner-up, highlights the first-time players on the 2019 ballot for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame, which was announced on Monday by the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame.

Former USC quarterback Carson Palmer (who won the Heisman Trophy in 2002), Syracuse wide receiver Marvin Harrison, Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas and Arkansas running back Darren McFadden are among other players making their first appearance in the FBS Hall ballot.

The late Rashaan Salaam, who won the Heisman in 1994 for Colorado, and 2001 Heisman winner Eric Crouch on Nebraska are back on the Hall of Fame ballot, along with SMU running back Eric Dickerson, Miami linebacker Ray Lewis and Notre Dame receiver Raghib Ismail.

• Fuck You 1

How is it possible that the following people are not already in the college football hall of fame?

"Former USC quarterback Carson Palmer (who won the Heisman Trophy in 2002), Syracuse wide receiver Marvin Harrison, Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas and Arkansas running back Darren McFadden are among other players making their first appearance in the FBS Hall ballot.

The late Rashaan Salaam, who won the Heisman in 1994 for Colorado, and 2001 Heisman winner Eric Crouch on Nebraska are back on the Hall of Fame ballot, along with SMU running back Eric Dickerson, Miami linebacker Ray Lewis and Notre Dame receiver Raghib Ismail."

1) You win a Heisman, you should be in the HoF... probably first ballot, unless you are that QB from Miami or FSU or Florida who kind of sucked, but their team was undefeated.
2) How is Carson Palmer making his FIRST APPEARANCE on the ballot? (I went to the Coliseum to see the Top 10 matchup between USC & Notre Dame that basically won Palmer the Heisman... and that was about 16+ years ago!) I don't understand this being his FIRST time on the ballot.
3) How is Eric Dickerson just now "Back on the Ballot"? He should have been in the HoF about 25 to 30 years ago!
4) Raghib Ismail was the MOST FAMOUS COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER for about two years in a row. People who didn't know anything about college football knew who "Rocket Ismail" was. He was so "FAMOUS", he transcended sports and was a part of American Pop Culture. INSANE that he isn't in the College Football HoF.

5) I saw Vince WALK ON WATER at the Rose Bowl 2 years in a row. Once Mack Brown took the reins off and allowed Vince to play, Vince never lost another game and was absolutely awesome in the process. He was a playground legend that we actually got to watch "make it". He was as legendary as his legend... and that almost never is the case.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Johnny 8ball will back you up on that.

It is called "Hall of FAME".

NO ONE was more famous in college football than Johnny Fucking Football his Freshman & Sophomore years.

My dad went to A&M for one semester before being drafted into the Army for WWII and hated his experience there. After getting out of the military, he basically disappeared that semester and went out of state to college. And yet... he couldn't get enough of "Johnny Football".

As far as FAME goes, Johnny should be a first balloter as well.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fuck Eric Dickerson   Fuck everything about that cheating but hurt fgt. I hope he’s never allowed in 

I was an extra on some show filming at the LA Coliseum back around 2000 and he was the episode's guest star.

I was standing about 3 feet away from him and looking at his NFL Hall of Fame ring. He turned and noticed me looking at it and said "Here, you want to see it?" and took it off and handed it to me to look at and put on for a second or two. While I had his ring, he turned back and finished his conversation before I then handed it back to him.

So ridiculously nice, I was even a bigger fan than when I saw him play in the Pony Express his senior year at SMU.

The guy was and is a football legend. Taking the Firebird Trans-Am from A&M and then going to SMU was Hall of Fame worthy in and of itself, but then the amazing career he had took him to what should have been a first ballot Hall of Famer. He's one of the greatest to ever tote the rock.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

If your school got the fucking death penalty as a direct result of your recruitment, you should not ever be in the HOF.

During half time of the USC Rose Bowl, I was standing by a fence behind the stadium when Craig James came to wait for someone to unlock the gate to let him into the production area. He noticed me looking at him and said hi and looked very smug. I asked if he made more at SMU than he did working for ABC. He put his fingers together and said “a little bit more”. 

Fuck both of them.

• Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fuck Eric Dickerson   Fuck everything about that cheating but hurt fgt. I hope he’s never allowed in 

He should be in the Forbes HoF.

As far as infamous cheaters like Dickerson & Reggie Bush go, there is a reason why their baseball counterparts like Pete Rose & Shoeless Joe Jackson aren't in the MLBB HoF.

Same goes for Barry Bonds, The Rocket, and  also Lance Armstrong with the bicycle mafia crowd ..... IMHO.

Edited by Armybrat

4 hours ago, Orange^White said:

If your school got the fucking death penalty as a direct result of your recruitment, you should not ever be in the HOF.

During half time of the USC Rose Bowl, I was standing by a fence behind the stadium when Craig James came to wait for someone to unlock the gate to let him into the production area. He noticed me looking at him and said hi and looked very smug. I asked if he made more at SMU than he did working for ABC. He put his fingers together and said “a little bit more”. 

Fuck both of them.

You sound kind of stupid.

The death penalty happened because after they had already been put on probation, the Former & Future Republican Governor of the State of Texas pushed to continue paying players that they had promised to pay. NOT a "direct result of Eric Dickerson's recruitment", so I guess that by your idiotic post, ERIC DICKERSON SHOULD BE IN THE HALL OF FAME.

Bitter and Stupid is no way to go through life.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

When it comes to recruitment of players, IMHO, the sin or accountability goes to those in power, or the schools( see also: boosters.)  I can hardly blame the players for getting whatever they can, especially considering their lack of position versus that of a given program.

Hell, even as dirty as Scam Newton's situation was, I don't blame people on his side for getting what they can get.  The onus is on the dumbasses willing to pay them.

Dickerson is in the HoF for being one hellova great RB.  The recruiting practices of his era don't change that, IMHO.