2018 MLB Draft thread

zork

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Yeah. That’s not happening. The A’s are going to give him millions to play football. Slot is $4.8M

If he wants to play football, then if I'm the A's, I put a clause in his contract that delays paying the signing bonus until after the football season and that it gets slashed if he injured. There's no way you let your #9 draft pick go play a sport with a high probability of injury.

11 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

If he wants to play football, then if I'm the A's, I put a clause in his contract that delays paying the signing bonus until after the football season and that it gets slashed if he injured. There's no way you let your #9 draft pick go play a sport with a high probability of injury.

Specially for a midget that sucks cocks. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

Kody is projected a 6-7 round pick? Maybe he'll come back?

Almost all top 10 round draft picks leave early. There's some crazy stat on this but I'm too lazy to find it. 

Only hope is that Roger is loaded and maybe money isn't the end all be all. 

Edited by texasstrong12

7 minutes ago, Austin Orange said:

Kody is projected a 6-7 round pick? Maybe he'll come back?

one can hope but he was a 35th rounder out of high school and until this year he probably hadn't raised it much.  He's had a dream year and to raise almost 30 rounds in one year is probably very unusual for a 2B.  he probably needs to go.

I wouldn't be shocked if some of the juniors go in rounds 11-13 and still sign.  Some teams will have some extra slot money leftover, and some people are ready to go.  Those two parties often find each other.  Hopefully not, though.

• Like 1

Feel bad for Kingham.    Know he wanted to go in top 10,  especially after seeing his brother's debut in Pittsburgh.   His brother was selected in the 4th from high school.  

As Kendall stated,  the draft is at a terrible time in the midst of the Regionals/CWS.    Seeing Rolison (Ole Miss) being congratulated in the dugout with his team at the brink of elimination - has to be a better way.

Have to be concerned about the player's focus for SR weekend.    Some disappointed,  others elated.

36 minutes ago, torre said:

Feel bad for Kingham.    Know he wanted to go in top 10,  especially after seeing his brother's debut in Pittsburgh.   His brother was selected in the 4th from high school.  

As Kendall stated,  the draft is at a terrible time in the midst of the Regionals/CWS.    Seeing Rolison (Ole Miss) being congratulated in the dugout with his team at the brink of elimination - has to be a better way.

Have to be concerned about the player's focus for SR weekend.    Some disappointed,  others elated.

Yep, you have to wonder how this is going to play out with Kingham and Shugarts. Do they press to prove the MLB evaluators wrong?