Austin FC

Bottlecap

• 1 month later...

https://twitter.com/chrisbils/status/1243578727583416323?s=21

Construction on #AustinFC stadium is not exempt, but work continues under guidelines set forth by the city By Chris Bils 

Construction on the Austin FC soccer stadium is not exempt from the shelter-in-place order issued by City of Austin officials on Tuesday, city spokesperson David Green confirmed Friday.

Work continues on the site near the intersection of Braker Lane and Burnet Road, under the guidelines set forth by the city’s Development Services Department.

A city memo Tuesday provided instruction for those in the construction industry, requiring businesses to cease working on projects by 11:59 p.m. on Friday while recognizing that some sites would require more time to shut down safely.

On Thursday, an email from Denise Lucas, the director of the Development Services Department, told businesses to “please err on the side of doing whatever is necessary to make the site safe, even if that goes beyond the effective date of the Order.”

It was not immediately clear when the stadium site might deemed safe to shut down.

“The health and safety of our workers and our community is of the utmost importance,” Richard Suttle, attorney representing Austin FC for the soccer park and stadium project, said in a statement issued Wednesday. “The order and the guidance memo provide for construction to continue in various situations. We continue to evaluate the situation.”

An extended pause on the project could delay the stadium from opening on time next year. Currently it is scheduled to be completed in the spring and ready to host the city’s first MLS match around April.

Prior to the coronavirus becoming a pandemic, team leaders said everything was on time. During media tours of the site last month, officials said they hoped to have the stadium’s nearly 200,000 square-foot canopy completed by mid-summer, at which point “we’ll be able to give the league a date as to when we think we’re going to finish,” vice president of stadium operations Jordan Enke said.

RELATED: Rising stadium signals that Austin FC, MLS are on their way

They also said there were about 450 workers on site six days a week. Assuming construction were to stop and resume later this year, working Sundays could allow the project to get back on schedule.

When completed, the $250 million facility will include 20,500 seats. It is being privately funded on city-owned land near the Domain in North Austin.

Edited by Pasken

LMAO at this stupid shit. Bobby had to have paid Bils to write it ... or maybe it's an April Fools story.  After Epstein tried every imaginable underhanded tactic to run AustinFC out of Austin, nobody actually fucking believes Precourt would be stupid enough to partner up with Bold FC. Get in bed with that POS, you get fucked.

What might a relationship between Austin FC, Austin Bold look like?

https://www.statesman.com/sports/20200331/what-might-relationship-between-austin-fc-austin-bold-look-like

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the view of the stadium when you're driving west on braker coming from 35. You go around a little bend and bam there it is in front of your face. It's very dramatic especially if you're used to driving that route normally. Where there used to be just an empty expanse of sky going around that bend there's now a huge stadium.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I stopped by the Academy on Brodie Ln. yesterday and noticed they have Austin FC merchandise for sell.

The selection isn't all that great, unfortunately.  The single shirt style they had in stock is pretty lame, but I did pick up a nice hat.

Edited by Somnio

7 hours ago, Somnio said:

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I stopped by the Academy on Brodie Ln. yesterday and noticed they have Austin FC merchandise for sell.

The selection isn't all that great, unfortunately.  The single shirt style they had in stock is pretty lame, but I did pick up a nice hat.

Also picked up a cap at Academy. And the verde training top at Soccer Corner in Round Rock.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:07 PM, skittlebrau said:

Also picked up a cap at Academy. And the verde training top at Soccer Corner in Round Rock.

I may have to check out Soccer Corner.  I've wanted that training jersey for a while, but every time I look online the Large size is always sold out.

Austin FC submits bid to host 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup, future NCAA College Cup at new stadium

June 3, 202010:50AM EDT

Austin FC has made bids to host games in the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup and the 2022 through 2025 men's and women's NCAA College Cup tournaments, club president Andy Loughnane told area freelance soccer reporter Chris Bils.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/06/01/austin-fc-submits-bid-host-2021-concacaf-gold-cup-future-ncaa-college-cup-new?amp

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Stadium looks great. It seems more “substantial” than I thought it would look if that makes sense. I was still imagining something that was more of an aluminum box when they posted the renderings.

Exactly my reaction to it, esp in person.

Any of you guys data scientists or analytics guys? I know we have a few on here. I saw a job posting come across my LinkedIn feed for a director of analytics/sports science for the team. I thought about it as skills wise it's a good match, but it's probably not for me, as it says it requires a pretty crazy workload, M-F plus after hours plus game days. But it would be a really fun gig. 

https://teamworkonline.com/soccer-jobs/austin-fc/austin-fc-jobs/director-of-sports-science-analytics-1974611

Edited by BradInATX

Construction has started on the practice facility. 

Austin FC have broken ground on their own training facility, a privately-funded ground known as the St. David’s Performance Center. It includes a $45-million investment from Two Oak Ventures, the club’s parent company and ownership group.

The facility is set to open in spring 2021, and sits on a 23-acre site at Palmer Point in North Austin with two state-of-the-art buildings that have a 30,000 square-foot presence. It will house Austin FC’s first team, academy players, technical staff and soccer operations leadership with four full-sized pitches, including three natural grass surfaces and one artificial turf surface. There’s also a half-sized grass pitch, with the artificial surface home to spectator stands and concession infrastructure that can accommodate approximately 1,000 ticketed guests. 

“Two Oak Ventures and Austin FC are pleased to begin work on the next phase of our critical infrastructure plan as we prepare for the formal launch of our inaugural season in 2021,” majority owner and CEO Anthony Precourt said in a statement. “St. David’s Performance Center is a world-class training facility and a key component in the future success of Austin FC.”

The construction timeline would coincide with Austin’s introduction to MLS in 2021 as an expansion team. The name derives from a partnership with St. David’s HealthCare, which was named the club’s first founding partner in May 2019.

“St. David’s Performance Center is going to provide our first team and academy teams with one of the best soccer training experiences anywhere in North America,” sporting director Claudio Reyna said. “As a former player, I know the importance of training in the best possible surroundings, and St. David’s Performance Center will provide this to our players, from first team to the academy. In a few short months, the facility will be open right on schedule for our inaugural MLS season in 2021.”

As construction gets underway, Austin also continues to make progress on their soccer-specific stadium. ESPN broadcaster Taylor Twellman recently gave an on-the-ground sneak peek of how construction is going at McKalla Place.

7 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

Wow, that's at a very attractive price point.  I have a feeling all of those will be gone super quickly.

• Like 1

Leslie Pool has an opponent for November, Morgan Witt. I'm hoping people remember all the crap she pulled during the Austin FC saga, landuse reform and just about everything else. We don't know much about the challenger other than that she is a bilingual education advisor with ties to Southwestern University and for police reform. 

We sold a shitload of Los Verdes memberships today (including one to Delia Garza). McKalla is going to rock.
And also do not know who Morgan Witt is, but ready to contribute.
When do I get my chance to purchase season Tix?? Been waiting for forever ..

What type of deposits did you make? Premium? Those are all sold. Anyone with general or supporters should have gotten an email last week with details more info on buying.

Go to seatgeek.com/austinfc and log in and you can find details around your account number and ticket status.

While you’re on hold, be sure to listen to the Capital City Soccer Show podcast.

13 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

We sold a shitload of Los Verdes memberships today (including one to Delia Garza). McKalla is going to rock.

I think I'm in. Was just checking the Instagram account yesterday, looks pretty cool.

13 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

I joined, on the slack I saw they sold over 200 memberships within the first day. 

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Same here. We put in our deposit. Got calls making the hard sell on luxury boxes. Then nothing. Would love to get the call, we’re ready to buy.

Me too, I've gotten emails saying my deposit level is being converted from "supporter" to "general". I have no idea what it means. Are they sold out or not? 
@skittlebrau, do you?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

On 5/22/2020 at 11:30 AM, LonghornSean said:

My dad, brother, a couple other friends, and I booked our season tickets in section 316 (premium terrace) a week or two ago.  Looking forward to next year.

We're in 310, mixed group of friends and family.  Can't wait.