Austin FC

Bottlecap

5 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Me too, I've gotten emails saying my deposit level is being converted from "supporter" to "general". I have no idea what it means. Are they sold out or not? 
@skittlebrau, do you?

Everyone with a supporters deposit has gotten an email with their times (I think). I believe they are all next week. Those tickets are only good for the supporters section. Times haven’t been announced for general seating, which is everything other than premium or supporters section. Should be most of the stadium. Hope this makes sense. Process is super convoluted.

5 hours ago, MillerEP said:

I joined, on the slack I saw they sold over 200 memberships within the first day. 

Thanks! I think we will crack 300 over the weekend. Did an interview with KVUE today, which should air tomorrow night, w another LV member and our sick new drum.

32 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Everyone with a supporters deposit has gotten an email with their times (I think). I believe they are all next week. Those tickets are only good for the supporters section. Times haven’t been announced for general seating, which is everything other than premium or supporters section. Should be most of the stadium. Hope this makes sense. Process is super convoluted.

I did get that email, but I didn’t understand it, so I missed the deadline and my “membership” (to what?) was “converted” (originally from “premium”, then to “supporter” or something?) to a general membership. 
I’m not pissed off, I’m just confused. One minute some guy is hard selling me a box or club seats, the next I’m getting emails saying it’s too late for reserved seating. What did I miss?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I did get that email, but I didn’t understand it, so I missed the deadline and my “membership” (to what?) was “converted” (originally from “premium”, then to “supporter” or something?) to a general membership. 
I’m not pissed off, I’m just confused. One minute some guy is hard selling me a box or club seats, the next I’m getting emails saying it’s too late for reserved seating. What did I miss?

Trust me, the only reason I get it is because I've spent way too much time on it. Two points:

- "Membership" is basically the same thing as "season tickets." Blame LAFC, since I think they were the first ones to use that term instead of something simple.

- You didn't miss reserved seating. You passed on premium. "General" is not "general admission." It's what they call all the seats that aren't either premium or supporters section. The supporters section is both general admission and standing room only. This article does the best job of breaking down the various seating options. General seats haven't gone on sale yet.

• Like 2

Yeah...all that shit is clear as mud. Something like 5 or 6 of my coworkers put down deposits at the same time, and I don’t think any of us have heard shit.

I just want some regular goddamned season tickets. I’ll pay extra to sit on the west side, I don’t care...but if I miss the opportunity because they have a jacked up process, that’s going to really piss me off.

• Like 1

Any clue how much general membership  tickets will go for? I set myself a $1200-1600 season budget for two tickets. Now I’m wondering:

1. Should I just get Supporter Membership Season tickets? About $1000 for two tickets.
2. Can I join Supporter Membership anymore? Got an email last week asking if I wanted to change from general to supporter, I ignored the email. Now I regret it. 

12 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

This article does the best job of breaking down the various seating options.

I have two questions for you. 

Do you know why there are no seats in the Southeast corner?  I'm just being OCD, but it's bothering me for some reason.  It seems like they should have made it the same as the Southwest corner.

Also, what will be in the structure at the North end of the stadium?

Thanks.

16 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

Trust me, the only reason I get it is because I've spent way too much time on it. Two points:

- "Membership" is basically the same thing as "season tickets." Blame LAFC, since I think they were the first ones to use that term instead of something simple.

- You didn't miss reserved seating. You passed on premium. "General" is not "general admission." It's what they call all the seats that aren't either premium or supporters section. The supporters section is both general admission and standing room only. This article does the best job of breaking down the various seating options. General seats haven't gone on sale yet.

This actually helps. You should be in charge.

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This actually helps. You should be in charge.

Cosign.

I mean, all I want is this: season tickets on the W. side with my friends.  We will Uber to and from the stadium on game days, because we live relatively close by -- folks will park at my casa, and we'll all ride over together.  And I will go to most every game, because I'm really F'n looking forward to this.  Like, more than I should -- it's weird how much I am looking forward to these games.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, JNip said:

Any clue how much general membership  tickets will go for? I set myself a $1200-1600 season budget for two tickets. Now I’m wondering:

1. Should I just get Supporter Membership Season tickets? About $1000 for two tickets.
2. Can I join Supporter Membership anymore? Got an email last week asking if I wanted to change from general to supporter, I ignored the email. Now I regret it. 

1. I think general will be somewhere between $700 and $850 depending on the location.

2. At this point, you can’t change it online, but it doesn’t hurt to call and ask.

5 hours ago, Somnio said:

I have two questions for you. 

Do you know why there are no seats in the Southeast corner?  I'm just being OCD, but it's bothering me for some reason.  It seems like they should have made it the same as the Southwest corner.

Also, what will be in the structure at the North end of the stadium?

Thanks.

This reminds me of the gap at DKR we used to talk about at the old place. No idea. This is the SE corner from a Taylor Twellman pressbox video and it looks like there’s some kind of “milling around” area. I know they built that end to be as open as possible to encourage airflow through the stadium. 

I think the north building is offices, concessions, team store, loading dock, etc. But I’m not 100% sure. I know they’ve talked about having meeting space for public/corporate events. My guess is that area is also part of that building.

7979793B-C46B-4906-BD50-10A3343F5924.jpeg

Well I didn't expect it to be someone named Rodney. Looks like he's been a supersub for Guarani this year with 6 appearances and 2 goals and only 1 start. It also looks like he scored in 4 straight games to start Feb 15 to March 1 this year in both the Paraguayan League and Libertadores.

Edited by SimonBolivar

I originally talked to some rep quite awhile ago, but he was pushing the most expensive club tickets which I had no interest in. I had just about forgotten about it when I got a call about a month ago from a different rep who said that they sold out of all of their premium options, but wanted to know if I was interested in the wait list for either club seats or premium terrace. I said sure, put me on the wait-list for premium terrace. Unbelievably, he called back a few hours later and they were able to secure a couple of tickets (sec 315), lulz. The entire process seemed shady, but luckily for this rep he caught me a couple days after I received 2 qtrs of commission payments, so I was feeling flush. More than I originally planned to spend, but  with the money I have saved from not going out to eat/drink/travel since the Rona fired up, I didnt really give a shit. As its the initial season, I doubt I will have much problem getting rid of tickets for any games I cant make. Stadium is just a couple of minutes from my place, so it wont be much of a hassle getting there. F'n stoked for this shit to get started. West siiiiiiiiiiide!

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

FC Cincinnati beating Columbus on the TVs in the Beer Hall rendering is the best part of the design.

Definitely.  There's a soccer message board I lurk on, and I don't think I've ever seen such a miserable, insufferable group than Columbus Crew fans.

I remember hearing about Ohio State fans being terrible as well when Texas visited Columbus.

Fuck those pricks!

On 7/14/2020 at 6:50 PM, Somnio said:

Definitely.  There's a soccer message board I lurk on, and I don't think I've ever seen such a miserable, insufferable group than Columbus Crew fans.

I remember hearing about Ohio State fans being terrible as well when Texas visited Columbus.

Fuck those pricks!

BigSoccer? Those guys are the worst. I have an account over there but I’ve never posted outside of the Austin Hate thread.

30 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I'm just hoping something good is available when it's my turn. Does the fact that i had a premium deposit do anything for my place in line?

I don't think it does.  Shit, if they'd have told me that my only shot at getting West Side seats was to fork over the bigger dollars....maybe I'd have done that.  This is kinda shitty.

• Like 1

I don't think it does.  Shit, if they'd have told me that my only shot at getting West Side seats was to fork over the bigger dollars....maybe I'd have done that.  This is kinda shitty.

They did not do a good job of describing what each level was. For premium, my memory is that it was described as only club seating with lounge and parking. After the fact they changed it to the entire west side.

Just got an email with my selection slot...MON 7/27 at 5:00PM.  

When reservations went live months ago, I had my confirmation email timestamped at exactly the time it opened. It didn't even take me one minute to check out. So, in theory, I should be at the front of the line for general tickets. However, I don't really trust they'll do it based on the timestamp like they said they would.  Post your selection slot when you get it. 

I have an earlier slot that day but I was also part of the Austin Anthem presale and we got in an hour early.

I passed on that because at the time you had to buy supporters section tickets. Ugh. I really wish they would’ve been a lot more clear on ticket levels at the beginning.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

I passed on that because at the time you had to buy supporters section tickets. Ugh. I really wish they would’ve been a lot more clear on ticket levels at the beginning.

Yeah, I guess I got to take advantage of a loophole that I didn’t know existed. Made supporters deposit and converted to general.

Just emailed them to ask about my time slot:

“Thanks for reaching out. All timeslots have NOT been released. This process will take several weeks to go through and individuals will be invited via email to select locations based on the day and time in which they placed their deposit. We appreciate your patience throughout the process. 

Hope that helps and let us know if you have any questions.

-Austin FC”