Austin FC

Bottlecap

See you fellas in Section 118!

The wife is doing work with Austin FC (helping them out on a couple of projects)....that means some priority.   So, four seats on the west side procured.  We could have had front row....but no view there, bumped up a few rows for a view.

I'm pumped.  Seriously.  Now...if we can get shit straight so we can have a season with fans in the seats next year.....that would be nice.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Leslie Pool's opponent in November is having an online launch party tonight if anyone is in her district and wants to get to know the candidate.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-campaign-launch-party-tickets-114489326658?fbclid=IwAR2NeIlqIn6yHo5rsLL1AxSntlZJmv8yFZADtiucT92W0bH2smWHuimK-ig

Thanks for the heads-up. I live in district 7 and will definitely be tuning in.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Pasken said:

One small thing Prop A in the November election will do is fund the Red Line station at Austin FC in addition to the necessary double tracking for the area. You can learn more and learn how to help get Prop A passed here:

https://www.transitnowatx.com

Good to see the club and both of the supporters groups on the website as day one supporters.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

That’s the main reason COTA was against it.

Yeah, absolutely, I knew they were against the very concept of an outdoor stadium that could be used for big music acts. I was just wondering what the club itself has said in regard to music acts.

Things are about to get pretty ugly for the Germania Amp. 

What I'm seeing is 3 brand new badass venues - 1 smaller outdoor downtown venue w/LN & C3, 1 large indoor downtown venue w/LN & C3, and 1 large outdoor venue close to downtown & rail, with 20K actual covered seats and likely capacity for more unseated attendance. And then there are roughly 6500 actual seats at Germania, way out in BFElroy. I'm not saying COTA won't be able to get a concert at all, but it's gonna be 3rd or 4th in line at best imho.

But those aren't the only things going against COTA. They've gone a whole racing season with almost no racing revenue, no MERP revenue for 2020 events, no Rolling Stones on Memorial Day, no Willie's Picnic on the 4th, and a whole summer with no soccer or concert revenue. Meanwhile, the bills are still coming in, and I've heard that the F1 & MotoGP races in the Americas are already in doubt for 2021, along with Australia....

Not good.

Anyway, sorry for the o/t. Just curious what Austin FC has said they are considering or have planned in terms of using the stadium for music.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 7:36 AM, CooterBrown said:

It being an outdoor music venue was part of the proposal to the city. They don’t seem like they’d back out of that idea. However, who knows how often it would need to be used as one with the new arena coming online and the MLS season being held during what is traditionally concert season.

I toured the stadium this morning and they are definitely set up for concerts. The gap on the south end in the Precourt tweet is for bleachers that can be pushed in for a concert stage setup. There’s also rigging installed above the supporters section to support speakers/lighting/etc.

We also interviewer Weston Appelfeller, head groundskeeper last week on the podcast, and he talked about the challenges that concerts and other events present to field management.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

I toured the stadium this morning and they are definitely set up for concerts. The gap on the south end in the Precourt tweet is for bleachers that can be pushed in for a concert stage setup. There’s also rigging installed above the supporters section to support speakers/lighting/etc.

We also interviewer Weston Appelfeller, head groundskeeper last week on the podcast, and he talked about the challenges that concerts and other events present to field management.

Does that groundskeeper dude need any help? His name sounds familiar. Where was he before?