Austin FC

Bottlecap

39 minutes ago, bolverk said:

In your face!

38 minutes ago, bolverk said:

In your face...again!

These guys clearly didn't pay attention when in their last game David Ochoa booted one into the cheap seats. I warned them, head on a swivel!

On 4/26/2021 at 9:13 AM, Captain Ron said:

Like this idiot.

image.thumb.png.897be8f527b0834538f4512a075cafa5.png

head on a swivel mom, head on a swivel.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

That was super nervy. Feel like we’ve had enough of the Danny Hoesen experiment.

Was wondering who we were getting as our starter, he of 6 goals in the past 2 years over 38 games. Apparently that's exactly who he is at this stage. 

Need an upgrade, because damn we got some guys that are serving up crosses on silver platters out there. Stroud, Cecilio, Poche, they deserve better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

just finished watching the replay.  stuver is going to cost us goals with his decision making but i love his physical ability.  our striker play has not been encouraging.  these are easy chances we're not finishing.

its GAME THREE dude

but yeah, stuver seems really shaky back there. and with our style of playing out of the back, he's gotta get better with his footwork. i think we'll have at least one deflected keeper error goal in the next few games. and those punches gotta be better clearances. 

gallagher has to be in the first 11

Question: (i could easily look this up i guess, but lazy), how many subs does a side get per match? saturday was only the 3rd ever full MLS match i've watched and i think i counted 5 for AFC. 

6 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

its GAME THREE dude

but yeah, stuver seems really shaky back there. and with our style of playing out of the back, he's gotta get better with his footwork. i think we'll have at least one deflected keeper error goal in the next few games. and those punches gotta be better clearances. 

gallagher has to be in the first 11

Question: (i could easily look this up i guess, but lazy), how many subs does a side get per match? saturday was only the 3rd ever full MLS match i've watched and i think i counted 5 for AFC. 

Believe it’s five subs, up from three due to the pandemic. But only at three points in the game, which is why several came on at once during the first substitution.

I’m really high on Stuver. He has a command of the system and playing the ball out of the back, which is what Josh wants. Second in the league in saves since he’s often under pressure. Not bad at all for a journeyman who nobody expected to start.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just got a call from Austin FC that they didn't quite build the seating per the plans (fewer seats per row) and my 4 seats had to be piggybacked with 2 seats each in 2 rows.

I do get to go out to the stadium next week to view the seats in person to give my approval. Gonna see if I can get a discount for the trouble.

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Just got a call from Austin FC that they didn't quite build the seating per the plans (fewer seats per row) and my 4 seats had to be piggybacked with 2 seats each in 2 rows.

I do get to go out to the stadium next week to view the seats in person to give my approval. Gonna see if I can get a discount for the trouble.

LOL. AFC is gonna be like ...

tenor.gif?itemid=11540025

16 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

So the USWNT gets to open Q2 instead of Austin FC

This would really piss me off if I were a player or season ticket holder.

A team that loses to a U-15 squad gets to open up Austin FC's stadium before the Austin FC.

Un-fucking-cool.

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

A team that loses to a U-15 squad gets to open up Austin FC's stadium before the Austin FC.

Un-fucking-cool.

Or the 4 time world cup winning, #1 ranked team in the world? I agree with the sentiment, but that's an odd argument.

No team should open the stadium other than Austin FC but if another team is going to do it, this isn't bad.

What does it matter? This is a great opportunity for soccer fans in Austin to see the USWNT. Who cares when it falls on the calendar? There are going to be plenty of matches, concerts, and other events in the stadium besides just Austin FC matches. I think it's fantastic. Also, I live just a few miles from the stadium, so if any of the ladies are looking for a place to stay ... 

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Un-fucking-cool.

Are you kidding? The 1st event is going to be a disaster. They are going to have problems with traffic, food etc which is only natural. They'll learn important lessons and help make the Austin FC debut better. 

Anyone have a suggestion for a spot in South Austin to watch the match? 

I've tried two of the bars here in the southside, and neither had much enthusiasm.  The games were on the tv, but most of the patrons did not seem particularly interested.

I want to go somewhere that cheering loudly when a goal is scored will not cause people to stare, and I won't be the only one wearing Austin FC gear.

Must I travel North?