Austin FC

Bottlecap

1 minute ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Serious question for the soccer experts here: should I be feeling really good about this team? Because I'm feeling really good about this team.

absolutely.  we're showing a cohesiveness that's rare across even teams who have played together for years.  these guys are precise in their passing and movement and we're SMART.  our defense has holes and our GK needs to mature into his role but he has major talent.  also we've gotten lucky with opponents not converting really really good opportunities but that's how soccer goes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

absolutely.  we're showing a cohesiveness that's rare across even teams who have played together for years.  these guys are precise in their passing and movement and we're SMART.  our defense has holes and our GK needs to mature into his role but he has major talent.  also we've gotten lucky with opponents not converting really really good opportunities but that's how soccer goes.

That's kind of what my novice eye noticed too. Good possession, holes in the defense, but we've made it through.

And now, ffffuuuuuccccckkkkkkk

10 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Anyone got a link to the Ringer foul? I've been on the road coming back from West Texas and have only seen the last 15 minutes. 

the austinFC app should have the complete replay.  it's the 67th minute i think where he picked up the second yellow.  he also had another a few minutes before that which should've been a yellow. 

romana and cascante are such liabilities in the box.  kolmanic-besler-romana-lima is a decent attacking look but on defense gives us absolutely nothing.  i was watching the right side so didn't see it, but where was besler playing?  was he shading over towards kolmanic?  he was very noticeably absent in the defensive 3rd.

agh would've been nice if we could've held on but bunkering in shallow and narrow for 27 minutes was never going to work.  we're an offensive team, our strength is ball control.  should have helped our defense by continuing to play our game and applying pressure upfield.  we were lucky KC didn't score 4 or 5.

Edited by gsoda3
  • Hook 'Em 2

KC was the better team most of the match. WAY more great chances. Smart touches, not many shitty passes or mistakes, compared to Austin.

But some lights out keeper play, and some aggressive attacks when the opportunity presented itself kept this a game that, but for losing Ring, we probably draw, maybe even win.

But your veteran captain has to do better. That was inexcusable.

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Furk. The loss sucks. I haven’t lost the grin, though.

Yeah, I turn it on to see us 10 players down, watching all the missed goals, and thinking: "Holy shit! They maybe, maybe, maybe hang on... furk. How pissed do I need to be with this Finnish guy?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Anyone got a link to the Ring foul? I've been on the road coming back from West Texas and have only seen the last 15 minutes. 

The foul itself doesn’t tell the story, he had about 2 or 3 heavier fouls leading up to that call and had a talking to by the ref. It was a softer foul, but given his constant physical play, the ref eventually pulled out the card.

The foul was dumb, but given what was being seen, why didn’t Wolff sub Ring off? He clearly was playing really dumb a while before that foul. Leaving him out there was just asking for trouble. And now he’s gone next week too.  

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, I turn it on to see us 10 players down, watching all the missed goals, and thinking: "Holy shit! They maybe, maybe, maybe hang on... furk. How pissed do I need to be with this Finnish guy?

As dumb as he was playing, I would say pretty pissed.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

The foul itself doesn’t tell the story, he had about 2 or 3 heavier fouls leading up to that call and had a talking to by the ref. It was a softer foul, but given his constant physical play, the ref eventually pulled out the card.

The foul was dumb, but given what was being seen, why didn’t Wolff sub Ring off? He clearly was playing really dumb a while before that foul. Leaving him out there was just asking for trouble. And now he’s gone next week too.  

Thanks. Once it's posted on the app, I'll go back and watch the full match. I've already seen the Gallagher goal on replay but would like to try and experience the push/pull of the game. Soccer's like that - you've got to see the uninterrupted flow to really get the feel of it.