Austin FC

Bottlecap

Claudio go back to the home country well once again. 

I’ve been to St. Petersburg and I’ve been to Austin. Rivers play a major part in both cities, both are capital cities (past/present), but other than that, they are drastically different.  

The move will be a bit of a culture shock. 

I am so fired up right now ... I'm going to Saturday's match at Q2.  It'll be my first experience in the stadium and I can't wait!  

Minor humblebrag, but we'll be in the Q2 Field Club for food/adult beverages beforehand and row 4 for our seats.  Anyone have experience with this club and any tips?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

I am so fired up right now ... I'm going to Saturday's match at Q2.  It'll be my first experience in the stadium and I can't wait!  

Minor humblebrag, but we'll be in the Q2 Field Club for food/adult beverages beforehand and row 4 for our seats.  Anyone have experience with this club and any tips?

My company has seats there, but I haven’t been in them yet. The one thing they’ve talked about is you can order food/booze delivered to your seats but it’s the standard fare (popcorn, nachos, etc). You get a lot better options in the club itself.

You can also watch the postgame press conferences from the club with a beer in hand because the media room is right there. That would be a cool thing to watch if we win.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Haven't seen the highlights yet, but him being our best player immediately is definitely something.

He has an 8 figure transfer value. Most players that valuable do not play in MLS - unless they're past their prime or just getting started. He's a fairly proven striker in the middle of his prime. 

I'm wondering what FC actually paid. He will of course be an exempt player so guessing his salary will be decent, too. 

Big line item for a fledgling club - hope he's good. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Maybe Houston. If not, then Frisco. Would be badass to see him score his first goal in front of 1000 traveling Austin FC fans at Toyota Park.

Why wouldn't he play immediately?  He's in Austin already.  (disclaimer: I have no clue how this works, but in baseball or hoops, he'd be playing next game)

Looks like the crowd was a factor.  Hope they can keep killing it while the results catch up.

McKenze Gaines, attacking player and local boy, signed today. He's been playing in Germany for the last few years. That basically fills out our roster. He's not going to set the world on fire, but should be another decent option. And, he should be available this weekend since there aren't any visas to deal with. As a bonus, he's been on trial for a few weeks so he should know the system a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Got a babysitter for tonight's game, but haven't acquired tickets yet. If anybody has 2 extras, I'd be interested.  My wife may be able to get some through her work but we aren't sure yet. 

Pictures of the babysitter before help finding tickets. 

You know the drill. 😎

On 7/29/2021 at 11:04 AM, skittlebrau said:

Maybe Houston. If not, then Frisco. Would be badass to see him score his first goal in front of 1000 traveling Austin FC fans at Toyota Park.

I would hope that there will be more than 1,000 Austin FC fans.

There would likely have been only about 1,000 FC Dallas fans, but Ricardo Pepi went and got a hat trick in a 4-0 win over the LA Galaxy on the one year anniversary of his abuelo’s passing that has probably energized las hinchas del equipo.

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

TOO.
MANY.
TOUCHES IN THE FUCKING BOX.

Shoot on first or second touch. This team just cant do that. They futz around in the box, and by the time they decide to shoot, defenders and keeper are positioned to stop it.

It’s maddening.

Always with this team. We need Driussi, Hoesen, Schoenfeld, Djitte and South Austin’s mom. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Our offensive consists at pushing the ball against the sideline and within 5 feet of the backline. So easy to defend when both lines act as extra defenders. Even when we have position in the middle inside the box we insist on passing the ball as far away from the goal as possible. Several time we passed up shots from the middle to instead push the ball outside. Infuriating.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

10 goals in 11 games. 

minus the 4 goal game we had….Ew 

Math a bit off there. Austin has 10 goals in 15 games. Take away the four piece and we have 6 goals in 14 games.

In the fucking MLS. This isn't like a bottom-dwelling La Liga side. 

To their credit they have the 3rd best GA mark in the conference but that doesn't get you many points when on average it takes you 135 minutes to put one in the back. 

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Yeah, you should only throw empties.

Dude was being a prick, Im not crying for him. Waited til the stretcher came out then hopped up quickly and walked along the supporters section smirking at the whole crowd. The ref didn't respect us last night and the opponents definitely don't. 

But if your sensibilities are offended, don't worry, the Verdes leaders were all over it and work with security to get clowns like that kicked out. 

8 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

As for the futbol, this is my 4th game in person and I've seen 0 goals. It got to the point last night where I couldn't even join the crowd in getting excited about us getting near the box... You just knew somebody was going to fuck it up. And they did. 

It's all about having a cool, new venue from which to post selfies. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

we had fans throwing full beer cans at colorado players. it happened 2 - 3 times and that's way too many. 

To be fair, that guy was a dick and Colorado played a cynical second half. They were wasting time for 45 minutes. The ref let them get away with a ton of bullshit.