Austin FC

Bottlecap

FR9PRq2WUAAKCWy?format=jpg&name=large

I'm interested in what Austin FC does with Dominguez.  I appreciate that he is going to league mandated counseling.  Regardless of what he has done in the past, if counselling helps prevent future acts of domestic abuse that's a great thing.  

The team seems to be coming together without him, but there is no question that he was an asset in the earlier games this year.  He is going to be a distraction for a while and maybe too much of a distraction to keep him.  There is a pretty vocal group of Los Verdes demanding that he not be allow to play and that the team get rid of him as quickly as possible.

Biggest game to date on Sunday, right?  Three points here would be absolutely massive given the distance it creates from LA Galaxy.  LAFC have Philly tomorrow, which probably results in them scoring a bench goal post 75th minute to win, but should be a tough game for them, too,

MLS is a beating to watch sometimes. Great possession in the final third but we can't get anything on frame. 

32 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

Is La Murga tired or something?

Going long periods without chants/songs.

It's hot as fuck... 

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

MLS is a beating to watch sometimes. Great possession in the final third but we can't get anything on frame. 

It's hot as fuck... 

Perhaps it’s time to also follow the Red/White/Blue killing it up in Frisco.

USMNT players running around the pitch and scoring goals. 

Good calcio being played in the state of Texas these days. 

So in the field, I don’t really want to see Lima or Redes anymore on starting XI or close games, particularly if we are behind.  I like our squad and we are deep enough that they don’t need to see the field that much.  

What happened to Kipp Keller?  Did he get hurt?  He seemed solid earlier in year. 

Finlay….es no bueno. He had multiple passes intercepted, including the giveaway that led to the goal.
His mere presence on the field drives me nuts.
I actually don’t think this was a poorly played game, but for Finlay. Plenty of chances, and just some bad breaks. Yeah, a lot of way off target shots, and inability to close, but they really did create some chances.
They should have salvaged a point out of that. Really disappointed that they didn’t.

Are there messicans in Austin anymore?  I thought they all got pushed out towards Pflugerville, some outskirt, or something.  When I was coaching soccer that was what was happening. Lonestar...big tall physical blonde kids with no soul.  Pflugerville...fast little Hispanic kids who pissed me off but I cheered for. Georgetown, a combination of both. 

But just kidding..... a little.  Bitter SA fan and all :)

• Like 1

Ring is ass and Wolff is a moron for sticking him in the #10 or whatever the fuck role he has him in. I can't tell what he's supposed to be and obviously neither does he. A Free #8? Fucking bootleg De Bruyne over here. Put his ass back at the DM and hope he doesn't get a couple yellows per game.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Chico_SA said:

La Murga?  Los Verdes?   Los Jefes?   In Austin?    lol.....Keep on trying. No one is buying this. 

No mames wey. The Verdes & Murga have a sizable Latino influence. Over-proportionate to our population in Austin proper. 

Anyways. Glad this was the first game I missed this year (on TV).... We got plenty of space to prove ourselves against playoff-bound teams this summer though. Let's get some points.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Good article. This seems like a weird comment though:

When I take my daughter to the park near our house, just three miles from the stadium, we’re more likely to hear French, Taiwanese, or even Russian than Spanish.

That isn't really representative of Austin or any city in Texas. I guess it's representative of him living in a strangely multinational neighborhood.