Austin FC

Bottlecap

47 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

in yonder days of yore, when the cabal was just figuring out to fix the continent, EVERYTHING always happened on Tuesdays, just like in Austin in the aughts.

...and when someone has news that they want to go under the radar, it's often announced during Friday happy hour. Just ask the COTA folks ...

23 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

They are hoping to start academy in 2019. I don’t see how they hire a senior team coach before 2020. Way too early to speculate.

Does the Senior team coach not set the culture for the academy? Perhaps it's just a money grab select team for the club vs a proper academy.

10 hours ago, Goodman said:

Does the Senior team coach not set the culture for the academy? Perhaps it's just a money grab select team for the club vs a proper academy.

Youth sports is always a money grab for the the club (from my jaded perspective).  Maybe it will be a proper academy - hope so.  From Community Impact article:

“We want to get going as fast as possible connecting with the city and getting youth playing soccer. We’re hoping to launch our Academy here in the calendar year 2019 and actually have youth in the city of Austin wearing our kit,” Precourt said.

Edited by Jerry Callo

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Youth sports is always a money grab for the the club (from my jaded perspective).  Maybe it will be a proper academy - hope so.  From Community Impact article:

“We want to get going as fast as possible connecting with the city and getting youth playing soccer. We’re hoping to launch our Academy here in the calendar year 2019 and actually have youth in the city of Austin wearing our kit,” Precourt said.

Well, at least in the 'select' world it sure seems that way with very few possible exceptions. And that shit's ruining the rec leagues, gobbling up kids who are really rec level. 

Rec soccer is basically dead beyond U-8 or U-9 now.  Club soccer administrators pay themselves six figures off of the fees of players on the C and D teams.  It's a joke.  

The girls side of Crew Academy went to complete shit under Precourt, but the boys side remained at a reasonable level until he really committed to killing the Crew.

Yeah, I didn't think Adler was capable of such human-like range of emotions.  Crowd was actually pretty diverse beyond that line of Anthem guys up front.  I had more conversations in Spanish than I did in English.  But I do that with an open bar.  Fun time, party is still going on down there I bet.  I worry City Council is gonna be hurting tomorrow from trying to suck each other off so hard though. 

Edited by Lobo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcrejej5g0okppl/AustinAnthem_Hymnal-Final.pdf?dl=0

holy shit.

Watch the capos for song number and end signals

capos? song number? signals? sounds like aggy.

the number one song:

1. AUSTIN FC*Hands raised, repeat until signaled*Austin  FC (clap, clap, clap clap clap)Vamos, El Tree! (clap, clap, clap clap clap)

bwhaahhaha, wtf is this?

6. WON’T BACK DOWN

Well, I won’t back down

No, I won’t back down

You can stand me up at the gates of hell

But I won’t back down

[Chorus]

Hey baby, there ain’t no easy way out

Hey I will stand my ground

And I won’t back down

seriously? can we get away with just straight ripping tom petty lyrics?

this one, i actually like:

2. ALRIGHT

*Repeated until signaled to stop*

Alright - Alright, Alright, Alright

Aus-tin F C

except for the whole yell leader part.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcrejej5g0okppl/AustinAnthem_Hymnal-Final.pdf?dl=0

holy shit.

capos? song number? signals? sounds like aggy.

the number one song:

bwhaahhaha, wtf is this?

seriously? can we get away with just straight ripping tom petty lyrics?

this one, i actually like:

except for the whole yell leader part.

No mention of the fucking "7-4" vote chant?

As a born and raised Austinite I really want to support this squad but I'm having mixed feelings after seeing the official hymn book. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

No mention of the fucking "7-4" vote chant?

As a born and raised Austinite I really want to support this squad but I'm having mixed feelings after seeing the official hymn book. 

HAHAHHA. holy shit, how did i overlook that?!?

3. SEVEN-FOUR

*Scarves up, repeated until signaled*

7-Fooour, 7-Fooour

It’s not the score, it was the vote

That got us all our brand new home

what the actual fuck?

2 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Oh god this is awesome. El Tree fits since this is Portland lite. Also capos and song numbers are dumb as shit. 

portland can suck a pierced cock. also, swiping our "keep austin weird" thing is 3rd rate hipster dipshittery. fuck portland. also, isn't timbers fc basically the *opposite* of "el tree". they cut a tree after a goal don't they? now THAT is some of the corniest shit i've seen in sports. that's fit for some white people shit like lacrosse. also fuck portland.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Also can we address the fact that "El Tri" is the nickname of the goddamn Mexican national team already. 

Yeah, nice going. Great nickname. 

el tri is a reference to the tricolor, right?

whereas, we just decided on some sort of spanglish play on words? that just so happens to sound like the mexican national team. 

facepalm.

Just now, Bottlecap said:

portland can suck a pierced cock. also, swiping our "keep austin weird" thing is 3rd rate hipster dipshittery. fuck portland. also, isn't timbers fc basically the *opposite* of "el tree". they cut a tree after a goal don't they? now THAT is some of the corniest shit i've seen in sports. that's fit for some white people shit like lacrosse. also fuck portland.

You are making some great points

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

el tri is a reference to the tricolor, right?

Yes, which is actually pretty fucking cool as much as they are a rival to the USMNT.

"El Tree" is just.... we're going to need to make some changes before we kick this shit off. 

Or I'll just drink myself stupid before the games. 

Edited by ztejas

Yea. We have the dumbass beer guardians and they are aggy as fuck. A couple of their leaders are aggys so it makes sense. 

El Matador is the latino group we do have some of the same things. People wave flags, we have instruments and sing but mostly in spanish. No capos and song sheets though. We get in trouble a lot by MLS though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zepol87 said:

Yea. We have the dumbass beer guardians and they are aggy as fuck. A couple of their leaders are aggys so it makes sense. 

El Matador is the latino group we do have some of the same things. People wave flags, we have instruments and sing but mostly in spanish. No capos and song sheets though. We get in trouble a lot by MLS though. 

So you dudes yell PUUUUUUUUTTTTAAAAA?