Austin FC

Bottlecap

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

Not really. I looked at Houston for an example, and it looks like anywhere from around $400 to well into the several thousands depending on location and amenities.

I did the same and came up with the same range. Cheap seats around $500 up to around $2K for premium seats with club access + parking. That's for 20 matches - 17 regular season plus a few extra matches.

Austin FC president did say their cheapest season tickets would be close to the $20 level that they guaranteed Austin City Council as part of the stadium deal (as in a certain percentage of tickets have to be priced at $20).

Edited by UrbanAchiever

35 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

I suspect they'll have a few hundred in the upper corners for $20/match, most will be significantly more. Supporters sections across MLS run from $280 - $550. I'm expecting Austin to be in the higher range of that, maybe the upper 400s.

Agree with this expectation on SG tickets.

1 minute ago, Jerry Callo said:

I signed up for whatever I signed up for this morning.  I doubt I'll end up getting season passes, but at least I'll have the opportunity.  More likely to buy single game tickets on an as needed basis.  

What happened this morning? Thought that it was at 10am.

41 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

The nutty grackle people got in at 9:00 am for the double-top secret supporters section.  I didn't bother with that because soccer supporters are crazy.

I skipped that since the support section is standing room only.  I like to complain about my team while sitting down.

6 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I skipped that since the support section is standing room only.  I like to complain about my team while sitting down.

You probably know, but the standing sections have seats you can fold down.  Probably not comfortable for long periods, but I could see the use.  

TrexCommercial_Stadium_Supporters_Sectio

I have worked on the assumption it will be similar to crew, field seating, center circle, and a sections nearest to center

https://www.columbuscrewsc.com/tickets/premium-seating

fortunately, today's reservation is fully refundable
Yeah I figured that premium seats included some in frontish rows and near midfield. The stadium section of the Austin FC website also mentions several club areas.

10 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I bet less than half of the people putting in a deposit actually purchase season tickets.

I wonder what the studies say. What percentage of deposits actually turn into purchases? 

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

I bet less than half of the people putting in a deposit actually purchase season tickets.

Well, of course. You're reserving a place in line, and most people probably put down deposits along with other people they intend to sit with. Then, you'll end up choosing seats from the account that has the best spot in the line among that group. 

That said, I have no doubt that overall season ticket purchases will still be very high. Season 1 should be a sellout for most games. It's the novelty of having a pro franchise, and it's the only pro game in town. How the franchise does in year 2, 3 and 4 will be the real test of the market, and I think that will largely come down to the game day experience and atmosphere. 

10 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

Season 1 should be a sellout for most games. It's the novelty of having a pro franchise, and it's the only pro game in town. How the franchise does in year 2, 3 and 4 will be the real test of the market, and I think that will largely come down to the game day experience and atmosphere. 

See Formula 1

• Like 1

even if HALF of those commit to actual season tix, that will probably be the total overall cap for ST anyway. They'll want single game traffic too, obviously. Pretty good for an endeavor a lot of dumbasses around Ohio and even Austin said would catastrophically fail. 

Edited by Bottlecap
  • Like 1

#savethecrew

On 6/14/2019 at 8:21 AM, skittlebrau said:

Sure. Don’t know how that relates to the percentage of ticket deposits who convert to actual tickets.

Pointing out that they could convert 22k and still have tens of thousands of seats to sell. Austin FC doesn’t even have 22k seats to sell.