Austin FC

Bottlecap

14 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Is there a hooligan supporter group yet? Both of the existing two seem lame AF.

Not really. I am a member of both, and hang out in both their slack channels. Not to get cloak roomy, but LV is far left politically and politics seems to be wrapped up into their identity (for good or bad) and AA is just lame and behind the times. LV does seem the most active though, it's a much younger crowd than AA, and seems to have more momentum. Due to the younger crowd, there is a bigger drinking culture to it. So if you're choosing between the two, I'd direct you there, unless you want to start your own. Before LV I tried to make a Surly version AustinVerde.com, but I never really pursued it much more than POC'ing a site.

Edited by MillerEP

I think the club will be putting out info on both of the supporters groups that they are sending to everyone in the section. Check our both websites/social media/etc and see which one works for you. As someone who has been pretty heavily involved in both at some point, I think Los Verdes is the far better option.

As far as the “why join,” it costs s fair amount of money for instruments, banners, paint, smoke, etc to make a kickass supporters section and the SGs have to fund that. We had a group painting banners in the stadium parking lot last night.

www.losverdesatx.org

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/22/2020 at 6:37 PM, skittlebrau said:

I love those seats. Which is a really nerdy thing to love.

If I would have been told the seats would be various shades of green beforehand I'd have been incredulous.  But it looks really good.

All the grass is installed now as well.

ElGV0MsWAAEkum9.jpeg

On 10/21/2020 at 12:22 PM, skittlebrau said:

I think the club will be putting out info on both of the supporters groups that they are sending to everyone in the section. Check our both websites/social media/etc and see which one works for you. As someone who has been pretty heavily involved in both at some point, I think Los Verdes is the far better option.

As far as the “why join,” it costs s fair amount of money for instruments, banners, paint, smoke, etc to make a kickass supporters section and the SGs have to fund that. We had a group painting banners in the stadium parking lot last night.

www.losverdesatx.org

The Los Verdes is the young, heavily LatinX and gay-friendly lefties, right? 

On 10/24/2020 at 9:37 PM, CooterBrown said:

Need a supporter group that tailgates with a strippers, weed, and beer. Dues collected pay for those benefits and bail. Fuck doing anything good for the community.

Sounds like our SG for shitass FC Dallas. Always a good time. 

Edited by Zepol87

1 hour ago, skittlebrau said:

McKalla station is great as a station, and also because it solves the challenge of getting to the stadium from Delta/Denton/Donnelly without having to cross a track or go all the way up to Braker.

Bingo Bango. It also sounds like Prop A would build a beefed up Orange Line station at N. Lamar and Crewsview as a major transfer point for the Red Line. 

Anyone know anything about the MLS starting up their own reserve league?

A few MLS clubs have already announced they're no longer going to field second teams in the USL.

Earlier in the thread there was speculation regarding Austin FC's potential USL affiliate, but that now seems unlikely.

6 hours ago, Somnio said:

Anyone know anything about the MLS starting up their own reserve league?

A few MLS clubs have already announced they're no longer going to field second teams in the USL.

Earlier in the thread there was speculation regarding Austin FC's potential USL affiliate, but that now seems unlikely.

There was a lot of speculation about it on The Athletic and a few other sites a couple weeks ago. Nothing formal.

33 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Is the pic taken from the SW corner? If so, you’re in my seats.

Oops, I didn't take the photo, just sharing one I saw on the web.  Here's the link to where I saw the pic...

AustinTV 🌳📺 (@WeAreAustinTV) Tweeted:
Seats are going in fast! Loving the different shades of Green! Soon the East Stands will be ALL VERDE! 💺🟢 #austinfc #MLS #LISTOS #VERDE https://t.co/8IaykzrWBG https://twitter.com/WeAreAustinTV/status/1322265258942177286?s=20

But yes, I do believe that's from the SW corner.

Edited by Somnio

A little off topic, but I just saw this article regarding the stadium under construction in Columbus. 

It really highlights what an amazing opportunity that Austin nearly squandered in regards to our stadium and training grounds.  Just as a reminder, the taxpayers of Austin didn't pay a dime for our $240 million stadium or the $45 million St. David's Performance Center.

I still can't believe it was actually a controversial decision in this city.  I guess we have to keep it weird...

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2020/10/18/no-financial-reports-tax-money-spent-columbus-crew-new-soccer-stadium-mls/3639934001/

Went to Easy Tiger tonight around 5:00 to see the Verde Van and buy a jersey. Line was 30 deep. Left at 7:30 and the line was still 30 deep. Never got in the line, decided to drink beer and eat pretzels and sammiches instead. I’ll just buy online. Glad to see that folks are so fired up. Not your typical UT crowd. More heavily hipster and Mexican with a fair dose of middle aged dorks like me.