Austin FC

Bottlecap

Did my stadium tour today. Place is badass. Gonna be a lot of fun when it’s packed out. Had a couple beers up Braker at Hopsquad after.

After the tour we went into the Verde store and ran into Josh Wolff which was pretty cool. Very nice guy, quite enthusiastic about Austin and chatted with us for several minutes without acting like we were bothering him. Dude looks very fit and young for 44 years old. I guess playing soccer every day will do that for you. 

He loves seeing the enthusiasm of the watch parties. Said it reminds him of the watch parties when he was playing for the national team but feels more fun and personal because he always felt a little removed from it then because they were usually off in some other country. Said the road trips are getting a bit tough on the team but he doesn’t want them to let up or make excuses. Full speed ahead.  Said the same day travel to and from due to Covid kind of sucks because they don’t quite get the normal team bonding that you get on road trips, staying at team hotel, eating a pregame dinner night before, etc. They are very much looking forward to playing at home. 

I asked him if he speaks Spanish and he said somewhat and he’s getting better and many team members are working on their English. Said he took advantage of Covid to take some Spanish classes because he knew he’d need it. He was shopping with his wife and on the way out I asked if he gets a discount  and he laughed and said - a very small one but they take pretty good care of me  

I’ll try to post a couple pics. Didn’t get one with Wolff. Figured we were fan boying enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Gallagher, Stroud, and fagundez need to come in. Hoesen has zero impact on the game, redes doesn't disrupt the defense as much as Stroud, and pochettino has zero effort on defense and gives the ball away too much on offense.