Austin FC

Bottlecap

2 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Epstein bought a billboard over Posse East criticizing the city for siding with a stadium over children's health.

Perhaps he should spend his money improving the roads into the clusterfuck that is COTA. 

Nah, he won't do that when he can just get Gomez to get the county to do it under the guise of better roads for the locals. 

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

I'm less worried about the roads into COTA, and more worried about the road that IS COTA...

Yeah I heard that's gonna cost like $8-12M to fix...but no doubt he'll find a way to have us pay for that, too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah I heard that's gonna cost like $8-12M to fix...but no doubt he'll find a way to have us pay for that, too.

I've already bought my tickets and camping passes for the 2018 USGP, so he won't get me THIS year.  But, he'll get me, that's for sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

ANOTHER public input session scheduled for McKalla. This time, at the Central Library on the evening of July 19. It’s almost like someone is intentionally trying to wear out the supporters. At least this one won’t go until 4 a.m.

Yeah...trying to wear out the supporters and creating yet another forum for the hired guns to mouth off their nonsense.

Dang it. We'll be in Akumal. 

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Wait, we had an Pro soccer team that moved to Orlando awhile back?   Seriously?

it’s crazy that they left, considering the widespread support they received from across the city.  we really are a soccer town and bringing another team here is absolutely a smart idea. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

This much is true. But, they have a super short time frame. If my math is right, they need to get 20K signatures on a petition and get it certified by the city (which takes 10 days or so) by Aug 20 to make the November ballot.

Never underestimate those guys' ability to make shit up and get away with it, esp when it comes to numbers ... if you know what I mean.

20 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Having said that I think if it ever gets put up to a vote the voters will approve it. Not sure what’s going on here but I bet it somehow involved COTA and its backers. 

Adler v Morrison, CodeNEXT and soccer would be one hell of a trifecta election for the forces of good vs evil in November.

Edited by skittlebrau

so the current term sheet is...

-  city of austin pays $0 to build the stadium

- psv will foot the entire bill to build the stadium

-  city of austin retains not only the ownership of the land, but also the entire stadium 

-  psv will pay rent to the city of austin for use of both the stadium and the land

-  psv agrees to pay for future infrastructure improvement in the area and will pre-pay a portion of that cost 

-  psv will pay all maintenance and operating costs of the stadium

-  psv will sign a non-relocation agreement with the city

-  city of austin will have input on the design of the stadium

-  the city of austin will have rent-free use of the stadium, which will be shared with local school districts, ACC, and travis county

psv is willing to agree to this and there are still people who don't want it to happen.  doesn't get much more obvious than this folks.

Edited by gsoda3

7 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

so the current term sheet is...

-  city of austin pays $0 to build the stadium

- psv will foot the entire bill to build the stadium

-  city of austin retains not only the ownership of the land, but also the entire stadium 

-  psv will pay rent to the city of austin for use of both the stadium and the land

-  psv agrees to pay for future infrastructure improvement in the area and will pre-pay a portion of that cost 

-  psv will pay all maintenance and operating costs of the stadium

-  psv will sign a non-relocation agreement with the city

-  city of austin will have input on the design of the stadium

-  the city of austin will have rent-free use of the stadium, which will be shared with local school districts, ACC, and travis county

psv is willing to agree to this and there are still people who don't want it to happen.  doesn't get much more obvious than this folks.

If that's all true, then the MLS absolutely should award Austin David Beckham's franchise!

That's a great deal for Austin!!

(Oh, and Save The Crew!)

Welp, if we wanna make sure the MLS team gets the lowest possible attendance, we could always put it way the fuck out in BFE, at COTA. I knew this shit was coming.

Capella proposes McKalla Place partnership with PSV or putting MLS stadium at F1 track https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2018/07/31/capella-proposes-mckalla-place-partnership-with.html

1 hour ago, wood said:

Welp, if we wanna make sure the MLS team gets the lowest possible attendance, we could always put it way the fuck out in BFE, at COTA. I knew this shit was coming.

Capella proposes McKalla Place partnership with PSV or putting MLS stadium at F1 track https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2018/07/31/capella-proposes-mckalla-place-partnership-with.html

Technically MLS @ F1 is their first option. Which is the stupidest option. And, would keep the team from moving here. Also no idea why PSV would want to work with the group trying to cockblock them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Technically MLS @ F1 is their first option. Which is the stupidest option. And, would keep the team from moving here. Also no idea why PSV would want to work with the group trying to cockblock them.

Pretty ballsy to volunteer how someone else spends 250 million of their own money. It’s a joke they would even propose PSV building at COTA. MLS has no interest in being out there and people have no interest in the USL.