Austin FC

Bottlecap

1 hour ago, drt said:

Some fuckstick put a poll on Nextdoor to see who supported a soccer stadium at McKalla PL.  60% of the respondents said no, or not in the deal's current form.  Austin gonna Austin.

Nextdoor poll, eh? Glad they're getting the input of shut ins who are scared of anything that comes into view of their Ring doorbells. 

15 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

good, good.  sounds like the 2nd to last term sheet they had was a negotiation tactic and not a serious demand.

She and the rest of the opposition (you know who) know that stalling this whole process is one of the best tactics they can use against PSV, so that's what she's doing. 

23 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Supporters group showed up strong and called out Pool. Feeling very, very good right now.

Lady near me started repeatedly booing the guy that called Pool out. I had to pull out my best , "Mamm, Please."  Yea but council members don't look intimidated like they did for sick leave. Garza spoke out against it earlier. No idea how Cesar or Kitchen feels. 

Edited by Pasken

31 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Lady near me started repeatedly booing the guy that called Pool out. I had to pull out my best , "Mamm, Please."  Yea but council members don't look intimidated like they did for sick leave. Garza spoke out against it earlier. No idea how Cesar or Kitchen feels. 

According to the tweets, she was the only one...

19 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

what is flannagan saying and what twitter feed are you guys following?

We're watching the actual discussion. He brought up the people who run the girls soccer academy and they have an agreement with Precourt. Council members are pissed that they can't find out the terms of the private agreement between the groups. 

Edited by Pasken

17 minutes ago, wood said:

Did the MLS 'opposition' bring their thugs?

One of the opposition speakers walked down to the PSV local rep by the microphone and said something to him that wasn't very polite. He went to the back of the room and someone else said something to the effect that what he said wasn't nice and he didn't like that.  

Edited by Pasken

20 minutes ago, wood said:

This flood of amendments amounts to a filibuster by Pool & her buddies. Remember this shit come election time.

Her buddies that are running are Bobby Lipinski in Troxclair's district and Laura Morrison for Mayor. Stay away from both of them. 

13 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Yep. The wife and I just bought a house in her district and we're closing next week. I'm looking forward to getting her off the council.

Pool is term limited in 2020 but can easily run for a 3rd term. God Speed. 

Edited by Pasken

14 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

If MLS doesn't grant the extension does that effectively kill our chance?

It depends on what they do with the Crew. I think they'll move the Crew to Sacramento and be done with it before next season if Austin doesn't work out but you never know. 

21 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Wednesday is not going to be a problem.

Pool really sucks. Adler having to describe what a poison pill is to her right now.

I think Jimmy should have an open mic to respond to everything that Pool and Alter say about everything. Would make all Council sessions must-see TV.

Yeah it doesn't matter. She woulda found something else to unleash her faux outrage on had he not said that.

15 hours ago, futureman said:

UqaM3U.gif

I used to play barefoot soccer with the guy in the green jacket. (He also was in my sister's grade in elementary school and then at the boys school while she was in the girls school before he went away to Deerfield instead of sticking around for his senior year in high school.

But that was all in the past, we're talking about the future now.

1 hour ago, Gardner Barnes said:

It’s incredible how much power minority interests in this city have.

Yep. Always has been. Just stock up on righteous indignation and faux moral outrage, then stomp your feet and yell louder and louder til you get what you want.

Funny you mention it. I tweeted this last night...

As an outsider with no stake in this, I find everything very amusing. 

How many other cities, including San Antonio, would have said yes the moment the owner got off the plane without even hearing the  details.   Hope it all works out in the end, but you have to think at some point precout says "screw this, I'm out" if it doesnt go through.

How many other cities, including San Antonio, would have said yes the moment the owner got off the plane without even hearing the  details.   Hope it all works out in the end, but you have to think at some point precout says "screw this, I'm out" if it doesnt go through.

There is a bizarre combination of arrogance and NIMBYism here. It is nauseating.

It really is amazing. They giving us a great deal and we are refusing it. But spending $150 on a library on a prime piece of property is a no brainier

The comments to the poll in the Northwest Hills Next Door are idiotic. One person is talking about rowdy soccer crowds don’t go together with the “upscale Domain”. Led another guy to link the 15 worst soccer disasters in history and say we don’t need that one Austin. Fucking morons. 

28 minutes ago, chitwood said:

The comments to the poll in the Northwest Hills Next Door are idiotic. One person is talking about rowdy soccer crowds don’t go together with the “upscale Domain”. Led another guy to link the 15 worst soccer disasters in history and say we don’t need that one Austin. Fucking morons. 

so you’re pro soccer disaster??  that’s a bold stance.