Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

All afternoon starts probably works to our advantage, but of course the SEC got the majority of evening games.  All 3 of MS St@Vandy, 2 of SC@Arkansas-SC, and the last for Auburn@Florida  (probably would have had more if not for the monsoon risk.)

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/2018-ncaa-baseball-tournament-bracket-schedule-scores-super-regionals-tuesday

6 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

All afternoon starts probably works to our advantage, but of course the SEC got the majority of evening games.  All 3 of MS St@Vandy, 2 of SC@Arkansas-SC, and the last for Auburn@Florida  (probably would have had more if not for the monsoon risk.)

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/2018-ncaa-baseball-tournament-bracket-schedule-scores-super-regionals-tuesday

if we were playing a P5 team I think we'd be getting a night game or 2. if we were at Ole Miss we'd be having night games.   it sucks but at least we are at home and I will take that trade. 

Be nice if Del Conte would let each fan bring in one sealed liter of water.  just make sure you have enough people to check them.

It will never be hotter than the regional game in 1983 against Mississippi State at noon on the Sunday when we had to beat them twice. 
Steve Labay threw one of the greatest shutouts in the history of Texas Baseball.
Pretty sure some of change ups that day were of the "Eeefus" persuasion. They could not touch him. One of the most incredible performances I have ever seen.
Oh and we went on to win the CWS as well.

That would be the infamous “four shit hut-out” that I believe Steve Ross announced to the crowd. Hotter than hell that weekend but great baseball.

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’m worried about having bats to keep up. These guys are going to hit a lot better than Indy or Aggy. 

When I was watching the updates I was so hopeful we get the super regional. Seeing these guys hit made me think do you really want to face them? In the end I will always prefer our chances at home and how fun it will be for fans. I just regret not getting tickets when it looked like we might make it.

14 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’m worried about having bats to keep up. These guys are going to hit a lot better than Indy or Aggy. 

My worry is similar . . . I was thrilled with our pitching in the regional, but I've watched this team enough to wonder.

6 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

When I was watching the updates I was so hopeful we get the super regional. Seeing these guys hit made me think do you really want to face them? In the end I will always prefer our chances at home and how fun it will be for fans. I just regret not getting tickets when it looked like we might make it.

Went to check their home field dimensions and Ole Miss' and noticed this in the Wikipedia for Swayze Field:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swayze_Field

On 6/4/2018, The Ole Miss Rebels blew it against the Superior Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles. Its not that Ole Miss wasn't that good, The Golden Eagles were just better. After the crushing losses from this weekends Regional, the University of Mississippi is contemplating a change of their name from "Ole Miss" to "Old Mist" because they vaporize when its time to show up.

• Haha 1

Watched last 4 innings of last night's game again. Trevor Putzig in his interview said he had never played in such a great atmosphere. All I saw was Ole Miss fans half a sleep. Texas fans will show him what a great atmosphere looks like. For those that were smart enough to get tickets get there and give them hell.

• Like 1

Well that’s a fucking pleseant surprise. Can’t let our guard down though. There’s a reason Tennessee Tech made it this far. 

Bingo^^^^.

I’m still pissed about what they did to us last night, but I watched them throughout the Oxford regional, and trust me, they’re playing pissed. I’ve got a ton of respect for these guys, they’re scrappy, disciplined, and will fight tooth and nail. Texas needs to jump on them quick, and keep on them, because they can find a chink in the armor very quickly and exploit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Need our pitchers to be on their game and the defense kicking ass. Keep the balls in front and don't make stupid errors. I don't think the weather is going to assist because it is about the same in MS.

Offense needs to get out in front early and don't let up. AND NO STATUE SHIT AT THE PLATE! SWING!

51 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

Bingo^^^^.

I’m still pissed about what they did to us last night, but I watched them throughout the Oxford regional, and trust me, they’re playing pissed. I’ve got a ton of respect for these guys, they’re scrappy, disciplined, and will fight tooth and nail. Texas needs to jump on them quick, and keep on them, because they can find a chink in the armor very quickly and exploit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember that year that Penn State lucked into a Regional win and they got sent here for the Supers and they were beaten as soon they walked into the stadium and saw the crowd and got wide-eyed?

Well, this is not going to be like that.  Surviving that Oxford crowd says a lot about this team.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Watched last 4 innings of last night's game again. Trevor Putzig in his interview said he had never played in such a great atmosphere. All I saw was Ole Miss fans half a sleep. Texas fans will show him what a great atmosphere looks like. For those that were smart enough to get tickets get there and give them hell.

I'd love to agree with you, but apparently the crowd in Oxford was electric for most of it. They had standing-room-only with over 11k packed in there and they were really loud.

They must

54 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'd love to agree with you, but apparently the crowd in Oxford was electric for most of it. They had standing-room-only with over 11k packed in there and they were really loud.

Ole Miss must have gone home early as it seemed Swayze lost the electricity in the last 6 or so innings of Game #7.   Think we'll have them from all directions with the busses in RF, #LF, the WB, and the 2:00 Texas sun.  They get by us, good luck to 'em.