The NBA's GOAT -- MJ? Lebron? The Field?

Patrick Bateman

LeBron is the guard version of Shaquille O’Neal. Freakish size and athleticism that can’t be matched at his position. 

Like Oneal they are not as skilled as others, but the high level of skill combined with the unequaled size and athleticism gets them on the all time lists. 

Thread should have ended when the first person posted “MJ”

• Like 1

Would Jordan really have beaten the Rockets in both gap years though?  You gotta give him 1...but cant assume both.
In 92-93 season Hakeem was beating him head to head. 
Those bulls took WCF over knicks and championship over the suns. 
93-94 rockets took down the suns and knicks (compositionally the same team as before).  
Those 2 years of Olajuwon was also his peak, at 29 years old (a few weeks off from MJ, btw).  
I dont think it was a given that Jordan wouldve won 8 straight.  And Having a 6-2 on his resume wouldve taken the shine off the seemingly flawless finals record

I remember reading an sbnation article or something that talked about the bulls having the rockets card, trying to say no Jordan is the reason for those two years. It made sense but lost me when you think about the change up in lineup between the first three and second three championships.

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

LeBron is the guard version of Shaquille O’Neal. Freakish size and athleticism that can’t be matched at his position. 

Like Oneal they are not as skilled as others, but the high level of skill combined with the unequaled size and athleticism gets them on the all time lists. 

Thread should have ended when the first person posted “MJ”

This take is not good.  LeBron is way more skilled than Shaq, and you also are underrating Shaq's skill.  He had some of the best footwork of any player ever.

10 hours ago, HookEm said:

This take is not good.  LeBron is way more skilled than Shaq, and you also are underrating Shaq's skill.  He had some of the best footwork of any player ever.

Right I am so sick of people saying that about both Shaq and LBJ.  Both are EXTREMELY skilled.  That is what made them great.   They had great size AND freakish skill.

11 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Other than a consistent jump shot and free throws?

That's fine if you're splitting hairs between he and MJ; free throws are a perfectly reasonable thing to bring up. But I was responding to a comment that LeBron is not as skilled as "others." He has one of the highest overall skill sets that we've ever seen, despite being a marginal free throw shooter.