Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

Just now, GhostofDanJones said:

Hey Longboard, I remember you telling the story about Gap Kid on Shaggy, but I would like to hear it again.

No problem dude. I'll explain it again.

Here's what is said about Gap Kid from aggypedia:

The "Battle of the Alamo" in Lubbock: (aka, The Legend of "GAP Kid")

November 2001. Texas Tech had just defeated aggy 12-0 at Jones Field in Lubbock.

aggy, as they often do, exhibit ultimate class and timing by breaking into their mind-numbed ritualistic chanting (aka "yell practice") right when the home team is playing their school song, post victory, for the alumni, fans, and team to sing.

Tech fans, not liking that one bit, tore down their own goalposts and marched the full length of the field towards the aggy contingent, who were already taunting the Tech fans as they approached.

In molasses-like slow motion, the goalpost parts were slowly fed up into the stands where the aggy faithful stood. It was when at least one Tech fan tried to climb up into those stands that things got ugly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

I see a few posts with the red raiders being referred to as sand aggy. Why sand aggy? I've only ever known them as the Yosemite Sams, Tortilla Tech or Tortilla aggy. 

You have obviously never been to Lubbock in the spring time.

climatesymposium.jpg

12 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

"whore aggy?"

UT will do anything for a dollar.

Adzillatron

LHN

Feeling ( overly) proud of achieving so much with the financial backing of the state of Texas while acting as if other state schools should find their own way. To be clear, I recognize things are set up the way they are and they ain't changing.  The attitude of achievement with the added resources, however, is almost criminally hilarious.

Whore aggy.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

UT will do anything for a dollar.

Adzillatron

LHN

Feeling ( overly) proud of achieving so much with the financial backing of the state of Texas while acting as if other state schools should find their own way. To be clear, I recognize things are set up the way they are and they ain't changing.  The attitude of achievement with the added resources, however, is almost criminally hilarious.

Whore aggy.

Ah ok. Yes, the AD will do anything for a dollar. Adzillatron is a great example (though LHN is probably not a great example, as it is tough to find any fault with taking ESPN's money for them to run a channel devoted to school advertising and marketing, but point taken).  

But the second point doesn't really jibe with "whore" - that's more like trust fund aggy. 

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Leach would still be there if it wasn’t for one cock sucker. Fuck Craig James forever! 

I'd give you an e-high five, with a slab or brisket if I could man..! #CraigJames,SomeDifferentKindOfHookerCinco...

BAR-B-Q.jpg

• Haha 1

When it comes to Craig James, hpslugga said it best over on shaggy:

“The only man in America that could help turn Mustangs into Ponies and Red Raiders into The Rectum Tech Fanny Bandits. College football fans would be wise to create a GoFundMe for Adam James' vasectomy so this shitstain never has a grandchild play for some other program for him to fuck into obscurity.”

I would totally get behind this. 

That Tommy Penders, what with the above information and releasing Axtell's grades and all, always willing to be helpful and pass along necessary information.  Well, except that time at George Washington when he got fired for not telling his AD about one of his players who was charged with forcing a woman to perform oral sex and then violating her with a broom handle.

He's a crowd pleaser, that Tom is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Kliff's offseason is going great

ic1w0CA.gif

Kliff may have a number of problems but Desmond Nisby and Demarcus Felton (the other RB who left) transferring isn't one of them.  Both are seniors and neither one would have seen any playing time this upcoming season.  Wasn't even clear whether Nisby would have been eligible.

Both were behind DeLeon Ward and Tre King on the depth chart and almost certainly TaZhawn Henry and even potentially SaRodorick Thompson when they get to campus.

14 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Kliff may have a number of problems but Desmond Nisby and Demarcus Felton (the other RB who left) transferring isn't one of them.  Both are seniors and neither one would have seen any playing time this upcoming season.  Wasn't even clear whether Nisby would have been eligible.

Both were behind DeLeon Ward and Tre King on the depth chart and almost certainly TaZhawn Henry and even potentially SaRodorick Thompson when they get to campus.

lol that you think Nisby was potentially behind two 3 star true FR that aren't even on campus yet. 

6 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

lol that you think Nisby was potentially behind two 3 star true FR that aren't even on campus yet. 

Lol that you think he wasn’t.  It’s always doom and gloom with you.  I can read Raider Power and surmise how bad our program is, but yours is a different flavor.  Aggy as hell.

You always seem to know the state of our program/ recruits/ coaches better than us; yet your own program is in a constant state of underperformance.  Glass houses and shit...  and it ain’t like you’re just theowing banter out there.  You speak as if it is the absolute truth.

You may rightly go fuck yourself, sir.

11 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

While I'm certainly pleased you're entertained, my view has nothing to do with unrealistically high expectations for Henry, but rather issues, of which you're apparently unaware, with Nisby.  

Hardly a minority opinion on my part I might add. Serious issues with Nisby are are widely known among those who follow the TT program.

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Lol that you think he wasn’t.  It’s always doom and gloom with you.  I can read Raider Power and surmise how bad our program is, but yours is a different flavor.  Aggy as hell.

You always seem to know the state of our program/ recruits/ coaches better than us; yet your own program is in a constant state of underperformance.  Glass houses and shit...  and it ain’t like you’re just theowing banter out there.  You speak as if it is the absolute truth.

You may rightly go fuck yourself, sir.

Nice straw man. This has nothing to do with Texas. 

Arguing  two true freshman that are ranked #919 and #1831 in the recruiting rankings are ahead of anyone on the depth chart is misguided. Especially when neither are on campus. You have no fucking clue where those two will end up on the depth chart. Neither does the staff because they aren't even in the program yet. If these were two high 4 stars or 5 stars that have "day one" talent there might be an argument. I don't need to know the "state of your program" to make a logical argument. 

All you're trying to do is downplay the loss of Nisby. Good try. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

"Son, either get your grades up or get your guns up."

Looks like JUCO transfer Jaylon Lane has also run into some grade or behavior issues.  I think when they signed him I predicted he wouldn't make it through 2 entire seasons.  The DMN blogger picked him as the 5th best player on the team going into next season.

The statuses of Texas Tech running back Desmond Nisby, inside receiver JoJo Robinson and cornerback Jaylon Lane are all “up in the air,” Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said Wednesday.

Though Kingsbury declined to elaborate on their circumstances, each player’s future in the program appears to be in question. Kingsbury didn’t list any of the three when doing a position-by-position personnel breakdown.

“That’s kind of what we’re working through this finals week,” Kingsbury said, “is the statuses of all those guys — final statuses, I would say.”

Lane was credited with 27 tackles, including a tackle for loss, and three pass breakups last season. Lane played in the first six games last season, starting three. However, he didn’t play in five of the last seven games and sat out spring practice to focus on academics.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/20180509/kingsbury-says-3-texas-tech-seniors-futures-in-limbo

Nisby isn't a loss at all and no doubt two true freshman that aren't even on campus yet were ahead of him on the depth chart. 

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2018/05/17/texas-tech-rb-desmond-nisby-to-transfer/

"Nisby was the team’s third-leading rusher last season with 61 carries for 274 yards, and he led the team with seven rushing touchdowns. With Justin Stockton off to graduation and the NFL, the Red Raiders also lost out on Cal RB transfer Tre Watson, plus Demarcus Felton announced just days ago he would also be transferring from the program. That leaves Tre King as the only major contributor back from last season. After King, who had 121 carries, the next top returner is Mason Reed, who had a grand total of 7 carries in 2017. But, we should not forget that Da’Leon Ward is back in the fold. He led the team in rushing as a freshman in 2016, but missed last season. It’s now awfully thin for the Red Raiders at running back and expect contributions to be expected from true freshman Ta’zhawn Henry."

Edited by texasstrong12

40 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Tech has actually been pretty good at scheduling decent competition. 

Ole Miss and Houston this year. 

Baylor should take a note.  

Yeah, they're good for a fun 66-45 loss against mid-level Pac or SEC competition every year - their games against AZ State were great TV. I respect them for it.

• Like 1

I think what's somewhat frustrating to Tech fans reading this is this is all very old news that is being made to sound as if it's some catastrophic blow.  Nisby didn't even go thru all of spring practice.  Felton announced his transfer weeks ago.  Regarding Lane, that 5th best player thing, must have been written by the same DMN guy whose article was so ill informed regarding their depth chart the paper had to issue an apology to Tech for its content. Lane has been in the doghouse and not counted on for a good while now.

The above blurb regarding Tech's running back depth, was totally remiss in never mentioning DeLeon Ward is returning this season after sitting out a year and will be the likely starter. He and King form a better than decent RB duo. Regarding incoming freshmen, while I realize they can never be counted on as a certainty, I also realize there are flaws and their pre college rankings are hardly etched in stone.