Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

51 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Hell, Leach didn't get a fair shake until NC State game in 2002. Before that no one really stayed until the end of the game or expected any comebacks. Back then, like now, basketball (twilight years of Knight) was the premier sport. 

As I recall, the peanut gallery consensus about Leach in his first couple of seasons was, "He's no better than Spike, and at least Spike was funny."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

As I recall, the peanut gallery consensus about Leach in his first couple of seasons was, "He's no better than Spike, and at least Spike was funny."

The first season he went up against the mighty juggernaut East Carolina Pirates in the much coveted mattress mac galleryfurniture.com bowl in Houston.  Tech was a heavy favorite as I recall.  We had driven back to Texas from a white Christmas in the New Mexico mountains the night of the game, and I think arrived at my folks place sometime around half-time.

East Carolina just whooped Tech up and down the field.  I don't think the game was as close as the final score of 40-27, but maybe it was.  All I know is my dad and I were disgusted because this was supposed to be an easy win for Tech, and we weren't that enamored with what we saw on the field that first season to begin with.  My dad was cussing about "dink and dunk this shit and dink and dunk that shit and lose to fucking east fucking carolina."

It was my new bride's and my first Christmas as a lawfully wedded couple.  Good times.

We followed it up the next year by investing in a bowl trip to San Antonio to watch the mighty Tech offense score a whopping 16 points to Iowa, who scored 19, in yet another game in which Tech was favored to win.  

Yep, those first two years under Leach weren't too bueno.  And sadly, still better than pretty much all but 2 or 3 of the past 10 years.

Edited by Uncle Nate

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

The first season he went up against the mighty juggernaut East Carolina Pirates in the much coveted mattress mac galleryfurniture.com bowl in Houston.  Tech was a heavy favorite as I recall.  We had driven back to Texas from a white Christmas in the New Mexico mountains the night of the game, and I think arrived at my folks place sometime around half-time.

East Carolina just whooped Tech up and down the field.  I don't think the game was as close as the final score of 40-27, but maybe it was.  All I know is my dad and I were disgusted because this was supposed to be an easy win for Tech, and we weren't that enamored with what we saw on the field that first season to begin with.  My dad was cussing about "dink and dunk this shit and dink and dunk that shit and lose to fucking east fucking carolina."

It was my new bride's and my first Christmas a lawfully wedded couple.  Good times.

We followed it up the next year by investing in a bowl trip to San Antonio to watch the mighty Tech offense score a whopping 16 points to Iowa, who scored 19, in yet another game in which Tech was favored to win.  

Yep, those first two years under Leach weren't too bueno.  And sadly, still better than pretty much all but 2 or 3 of the past 10 years.

His results in his first two years admittedly were very Spike like, i.e. 7 wins and a bowl loss.  I loved Spike, but he couldn't have cared less about winning bowl games.

And yes, I'd take a 2000/2001 caliber season in a heartbeat at this point.

20 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

His results in his first two years admittedly were very Spike like, i.e. 7 wins and a bowl loss.  I loved Spike, but he couldn't have cared less about winning bowl games.

And yes, I'd take a 2000/2001 caliber season in a heartbeat at this point.

Spike viewed the bowl game as a treat for his players, with all the fanfare and gifts and stuff.  Free trip to somewhere exotic like Shreveport or Birmingham [/sarcasm].

What Spike failed to consider is how much money Tech fans spent on going to these bowl games just to see his coaching staff not take it that seriously.  I loved Spike, and I had the chance as a student to interact with him quite a bit (he wasn't a fan when we rolled out the smoke machines to replace the old high school painted busters).  But man I never liked his approach to bowl games.  He won two in his entire tenure...the All-American Bowl vs. Duke (coached by Spurrier) and the Copper Bowl vs. Air Force.  

Edited by Uncle Nate

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Spike viewed the bowl game as a treat for his players, with all the fanfare and gifts and stuff.  Free trip to somewhere exotic like Shreveport or Birmingham [/sarcasm].

What Spike failed to consider is how much money Tech fans spent on going to these bowl games just to see his coaching staff not take it that seriously.  I loved Spike, and I had the chance as a student to interact with him quite a bit (he wasn't a fan when we rolled out the smoke machines to replace the old high school painted busters).  But man I never liked his approach to bowl games.  He won two in his entire tenure...the All-American Bowl vs. Duke (coached by Spurrier) and the Copper Bowl vs. Air Force.  

I was in the Tech band from 1992-95, so in my time, I got one losing season with no bowl game, followed by getting crushed by OU in the Sun Bowl, followed by getting crushed by USC in the Cotton Bowl (the year we tied with most of the SWC for the league title but got the bid because we had never played in a Cotton Bowl), and then finally that win against Air Force.  I can only assume the players took it upon themselves to win that one.  

I agree 100% about the bowl game thing with Spike.  I understand he wanted it to be a reward for the players, but yeah, totally disrespectful to the fans.  I've never been to a Tech game in person where people were that excited only to be as utterly humiliated and let down as they were in that '95 Cotton Bowl; the 2009 Cotton Bowl against Ole Miss was maybe the next closest thing to that experience but still not nearly as big a let down.  The '95 game against UT in Austin where Tony Brackens famously obliterated our kicker on a fake was also a bad one to sit through, but spankings in big road games are something different than waiting weeks for a bowl game and traveling and all that only to have the team give up as of the opening kickoff.

15 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

Re: the article(s) mentioned above about the fanbase. 

I saw Tech travel to Morgantown, WV to play a 3 win team at 11:00am in front of a packed house. So, what's my opinion of Tech's fanbase? We suck.

I think Tech has a solid 30-35k dedicated fans. We can opine about this that or the other about why that is but the bottom line is that a good chunk of the fanbase are band wagon jumping, social media instant gratification sheep (no aggy) that don't understand the nuances of the game or the sport - they actually started the wave, yes I said the wave, while Tech was on offense during the last home game - nor can they comprehend the simple fact that the bigger and faster team usually wins no matter how well the smaller, slower team is coached. 

All many of them can remember is that Michael Crabtree caught a pass 11 years ago and that the Unversity should have been renamed the Mike Leach School of Pirates all the while completely forgetting that Blake Gideon dropped the game winning INT the play before. 

It's been a strange decade.

That dropped INT might have been the last gift from the football gods that I can recall. Tech has lost a bunch of close games but the ball just hasn't bounced their way. They have set records and can write handbooks on how to score 50 points and lose. Three HCs and countless coordinators, high scoring shootouts or low scoring snoozefests, big crowds or small, late arriving and early leaving - nothing mattered - Lady Luck no longer loves the Red Raiders.

Kliff had a team slogan of "Fortune Favors the Bold"

It didn't work out but I don't think he fully bought into it himself. Tommy T and Matt Wells have both been called "riverboat gamblers" for their willingness to go for it on 4th down. But truth be told, I think all 3 of them played it safe way too much. And all 3 suffered the cold hard fact of trying to play straight up vs superior talent - you just aren't gonna win those battles very often.

Mike's stubbornness here is also his greatness. His ability to get inferior talent to play balls to the walls we give no fucks about norms football with an attitude is why he wins more than he does not.

"Fortune Favors the Bold"

That doesn't mean that the other guys aren't good coaches - it just means they need better players. Tommy quit and Kliff couldn't get better players so he didn't win. It remains to be seen whether or not Matt can get better players here but that's how he will be judged because he probably won't win much without them.

But to answer Maximus' question, "Was I not entertained" by Tech football this season? 10 of the 12 games were one score games in the 4th qtr. Yes, I was entertainedand yes I think Matt Wells is a good coach and a good choice for Texas Tech football.

Now Tech just needs to find another 20k just like me who'll be there rain or shine win, lose or draw.

FYI, Mike's wins in season one here when getting things established and folks were calling his O "air sominex"

New Mexico

Utah St

N Texas

U LaLa

Baylor

Kansas

oSu

Tech"s attendance base is fine.  Averaged 58000 or so the last few years.  Even after a decade of ineptitude.  

If you're a fan of close games, I'm happy for you.  You got them last year. Personally, I subscribe to the old Bill Parcell's  adage, you are what your record says you are.  And we're 8 game losers.  You think Wells is a good coach?  4 losing seasons in the last 5 tells you that? 4 wins this season tells you that?

"It remains to be seen whether Matt can get better players".  Early returns are not encouraging.  Article today on the Rivals site had Tech ranked 8th in the conference.

9 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I don't get anyone crapping on Wells after his first year.

Recruiting at Tech has been awful the past 3 years.

They could easily got a few breaks this year and been 8-4. The Baylor game was stolen from them on the road.

Wells can coach, players love him and recruiting has picked up significantly. His blue collar approach will work with the kids all over West Texas, he just needs time to get enough of them into his system of doing things.  If your looking for a nine win team anytime soon, join the club.

What makes you think Wells can coach?  Lots of losing the last 5 years

He just needs time.  "Recruiting has picked up significantly".  What make believe world are you living in?  Rivals has them ranked 8th in the conference currently.  Makes a good story though.  And yeah, TT could have been 8-4.  Except they weren't .  They were 4-8.  This unlike KSU's new coach. 

5 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

He had one mediocre hire at Miami, and his one bad one at Tech was the guy that 99.99% of all people involved with Tech in capacity wanted as HC at the time. 

We have to wait and see what happens with Wells.  Believe or not, there have been many successful head coaches that had a losing season at the start of their tenure at a particular school.  There are two very good coaches in our league that are good examples of this, namely Campbell and Rhule. 

That hardly constitutes a pattern that would allow a rational person to conclude that "Hocutt can't hire football coaches".

And, yes, Tubby Smith rescued Tech men's basketball from the dumpster fire that started with Pat Knight, not BCG.

I understand completely a single initial season is not the sole indicator of a coach's ability and a transitional phase is not uncommon.  

Compare Well's season with that of KSU's new coach as an example.  There is no comparison.   There was just very little impressive about Well's first season IMO.  Hard for me to imagine how your view is that Hocutt"s pattern of football hires doesn't constitute a pattern.  This, when he's never made a good football  hire.

Edited by pigmeat markham

20 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

I understand completely a single initial season is not the sole indicator of a coach's ability and a transitional phase is not uncommon.  

Compare Well's season with that of KSU's new coach as an example.  There is no comparison.   There was just very little impressive about Well's first season IMO.  Hard for me to imagine how your view is that Hocutt"s pattern of football hires doesn't constitute a pattern.  This, when he's never made a good football  hire.

Well the KSU coach happens to be really good and he wasn't ever going to come to a place like Tech. It doesn't hurt that they also happened to return 10 of 11 defensive starters.

36 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Well the KSU coach happens to be really good and he wasn't ever going to come to a place like Tech. It doesn't hurt that they also happened to return 10 of 11 defensive starters.

Yeah, he would have never considered a place like Tech coming from the big time football factory that he did.  Your inferiority complex is showing.  TT pays top 5 money to the AD, basketball coach and baseball coach and we couldn't get a better football coach.  You're delusional.

2 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

I was in the Tech band from 1992-95, so in my time, I got one losing season with no bowl game, followed by getting crushed by OU in the Sun Bowl, followed by getting crushed by USC in the Cotton Bowl (the year we tied with most of the SWC for the league title but got the bid because we had never played in a Cotton Bowl), and then finally that win against Air Force.  I can only assume the players took it upon themselves to win that one.  

I agree 100% about the bowl game thing with Spike.  I understand he wanted it to be a reward for the players, but yeah, totally disrespectful to the fans.  I've never been to a Tech game in person where people were that excited only to be as utterly humiliated and let down as they were in that '95 Cotton Bowl; the 2009 Cotton Bowl against Ole Miss was maybe the next closest thing to that experience but still not nearly as big a let down.  The '95 game against UT in Austin where Tony Brackens famously obliterated our kicker on a fake was also a bad one to sit through, but spankings in big road games are something different than waiting weeks for a bowl game and traveling and all that only to have the team give up as of the opening kickoff.

We crossed paths. We know many of the same people I suspect  

I won’t even begin to describe my 1995 Cotton Bowl experience. 

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Then why are the Tech recruits rated higher?

Let's not pretend shall we that numbers of recruits is not a significant element of the recruiting process. KK was criticized widely for nor not signing full classes.

Also, KU's football program has long been synonymous at this point with football ineptitude.  As such, tough recruiting sell.  The fact they're recruiting better football players than Texas Tech currently is not lost on many.

Largest industrial hemp processing facility in the U.S. coming to Lubbock Co.

Spoiler

DALLAS & LUBBOCK, Texas (NEWS RELEASE) – The following is a news release from Panda Biotech:

Dallas-based Panda Biotech [on Tuesday] announced it is developing its first industrial hemp processing facility to produce high-quality, textile-grade fiber and premium cellulose. The “Panda High Plains Hemp Gin,” to be located in Lubbock County, Texas, is expected to be the largest hemp decortication center in the United States and one of the largest in the world.

Panda Biotech plans on deploying the most technologically advanced, highest capacity and first-of-its-kind industrial hemp decorticating equipment ever used to separate the fiber and cellulose from the stalk. The Panda Biotech Hemp GinsTM will be based on smaller versions of proven decortication technology that have been used throughout Asia and Europe for decades.

To ensure the highest quality fiber, the company will only process hemp stalks that are harvested prior to the maturation of the seed and flower, which are the parts of the plant used in CBD products.

Panda Biotech has also secured the rights to purchase a 255,000 square foot processing facility in Shallowater, Texas in the heart of cotton country. More than 130,000 tons of Texas-grown industrial hemp is expected to be processed annually into textile fiber and cellulose.

Panda-Biotech-Logo-1280.jpg?w=900 (Photo provided by Panda Biotech)

In the lead up to today’s announcement, Panda Biotech has engaged key stakeholders in the Texas High Plains region including the local farming community, academic institutions and elected officials. Panda Biotech is also establishing business relationships with large potential off-takers for the fiber and cellulose to be produced at its Texas facility. In addition, the company is assembling a “first in class” advisory board composed of some of the top industrial hemp, textile and cellulose experts in the nation as well as agronomists experienced in the seeding, cultivation and harvesting of industrial hemp.

“After more than a year of due diligence — which has included an analysis of the hemp fiber and cellulose industries in the People’s Republic of China, various European countries and Canada — we have concluded that the processing of hemp stalk for industrial uses will be the next multi-billion-dollar business in the United States,” said Scott Evans, executive vice president of Panda Biotech. “Hemp fiber and cellulose will help manufacturers meet the needs of today’s eco-conscious consumers who increasingly require environmentally friendly products and services. As a result, hemp will be a game changer for both agriculture and industry for generations to come.”

Formation and growth of the industrial hemp industry

The U.S. hemp industry was made possible due to the passage of the federal Hemp Farming Act of 2018. Panda Biotech was subsequently formed after the provisions of the Act were incorporated in the 2018 U.S. Farm Bill that was signed into law by President Trump on Dec. 20, 2018. Both chambers of the Texas state legislature unanimously passed House Bill 1325, that was signed into law on June 10, 2019, by Texas Governor Greg Abbott. The law authorizes the production and manufacture of industrial hemp crops in the State of Texas pending final approval of Texas’ hemp regulations by the USDA which is expected in the coming weeks. The law ensures Texas farmers are able to participate in a rapidly growing industry with a new viable crop option that should also be a boon to rural economies.

The global industrial hemp market is projected to grow from $4.6 billion in 2019 to $32 billion by 2022.

Benefits of industrial hemp fiber and cellulose

Industrial hemp used for manufacturing applications is highly valued for its natural durability, rapid growth and environmental sustainability. The processed fiber and cellulose from industrial hemp can be used in the production of a multitude of products including textiles, a wide array of building materials, paper products, automobile composites, nanomaterials, bio-plastics and finishing products such as caulking, sealants, varnishes and paints. In addition, research indicates that hemp-based supercapacitors offer a less expensive alternative to materials currently used in

rechargeable batteries for applications such as smartphones and electric cars. As a result, industrial hemp is poised to transform numerous multi-billion-dollar industries.

About Panda Biotech
Based in Dallas, Texas, Panda Biotech, LLC is a first-mover in the emerging U.S. industrial hemp fiber and cellulose industry. The company is currently developing industrial hemp processing facilities and large-scale Hemp GinsTM. Panda Biotech’s first processing facility is planned for the High Plains region of Texas.

Panda Biotech’s executive leadership has extensive experience developing, financing, constructing and operating large-scale industrial facilities including natural gas, solar, hydroelectric and biomass energy projects. They have developed 22 projects since 1982 representing approximately $14 billion in invested capital. Additional information on Panda Biotech can be found at www.pandabiotech.com. Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.

(News release from Panda Biotech via Open Doors Public Relations)

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

has duffey somehow managed to graduate?

I guess he must have graduated because he red shirted, was suspended a season, played a season, and then played last season as well

this is a stupid decision on his part there is little to suggest he has the work ethic or mental capacity or desire to go to another team and compete to win the job after learning the offense

even if he manages to go somewhere that he will see playing time he will still most likely start out slow and or have to get the job after injury to the starter or after the person that starts over him craps out

just when you think he has pulled his head out of his ass he puts it right back in it oh well goo luck jett you need it and then some

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

has duffey somehow managed to graduate?

I guess he must have graduated because he red shirted, was suspended a season, played a season, and then played last season as well

this is a stupid decision on his part there is little to suggest he has the work ethic or mental capacity or desire to go to another team and compete to win the job after learning the offense

even if he manages to go somewhere that he will see playing time he will still most likely start out slow and or have to get the job after injury to the starter or after the person that starts over him craps out

just when you think he has pulled his head out of his ass he puts it right back in it oh well goo luck jett you need it and then some

Maybe he's using football to get an education.

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Maybe he's using football to get an education.

there is that slight chance, but he was suspended his sophomore year for grades and he did not show a lot of maturity after that as a player (or as a student out at bars) until mid way into this season so I would have to wonder how much maturity he showed in the class room since his sophomore year

but if he did manage to graduate then congratulations to him, but he is still most likely making a big mistake trying to transfer especially with his history

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

there is that slight chance, but he was suspended his sophomore year for grades and he did not show a lot of maturity after that as a player (or as a student out at bars) until mid way into this season so I would have to wonder how much maturity he showed in the class room since his sophomore year

but if he did manage to graduate then congratulations to him, but he is still most likely making a big mistake trying to transfer especially with his history

He wasn’t suspended for grades. He was suspended from the entire school for a year for getting arrested for criminal mischief and a sexual misconduct allegation (didn’t meet criminal criteria but the school still ruled it a student conduct violation). I’m surprised he returned at all. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

He is graduating. His future is fine. I don't blame him for leaving, he's had to eat a huge shit sandwich most of the time he's been at Tech.

Getting caught in a coaching transition can suck, but Jett made a lot of his own problems.  If he had kept his nose clean and worked hard in practice, he could have been the starter for Tech as soon as Mahomes left.

Edited by Dirk X West

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

He wasn’t suspended for grades. He was suspended from the entire school for a year for getting arrested for criminal mischief and a sexual misconduct allegation (didn’t meet criminal criteria but the school still ruled it a student conduct violation). I’m surprised he returned at all. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good. 

as Dirk pointed out he ate a shit sandwich at Tech because he brought a backpack full of turds with him to Tech

and I am not sure why he would look for a change of scenery from Tech and more importantly from a coaching staff that finally was the one after 3+ years that got him to pull his head out of his ass and got him on the field and playing well

if his pattern holds true he will go right to some place with a "players coach" and go right back to doing dumb shit off the field, will perform poorly in practice, will not work to learn the offense, and he will be in the bench shortly until he is probably off the team not long after that

I doubt seriously he cares what my opinion is (or anyone elses for that matter), but just when you think you can give the guy credit for getting it together and playing well for the most part he goes and tries to make it out like he is something a lot more than he is

he was a guy that did a lot of stupid shit, was given a hell of a lot of chances, still mostly fucked off, get onto the field by shear luck, and still had to pull his head out to finally do good.....now suddenly he is acting like there is a lot out there for him that will be bigger and better and he can just run right out there and get it (when he has a clear long pattern of not putting much effort into getting it and a lot of effort into fucking it off)

he fucked off 3.5+ years at Tech and still got on the field to play and has a good chance to be on the field next year and apparently because the coach is not willing to just hand it to him after all of that he thinks he will go somewhere that will just hand it to him

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I blocked butt fumble.  One of the reasons is that he fabricates stuff to draw attention to himself.  I almost opened on of his posts the other day.  I'm glad I didn't because when you quoted him I was again able to see him make something up and see if someone would believe him

8 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I blocked butt fumble.  One of the reasons is that he fabricates stuff to draw attention to himself.  I almost opened on of his posts the other day.  I'm glad I didn't because when you quoted him I was again able to see him make something up and see if someone would believe him

He's a true idiot.

On 12/2/2019 at 8:06 AM, Moby Ric said:

If that is the case then I expect some transfer portal action.  Duffey isn't incredible but he improved a lot over the season.  What about Bowman, does he retire, transfer or start next season?  McIvor has been waiting for his turn as well.  That will be 3 guys working to get the top spot and 2 that feel they have earned it.  And one has to assume that Wells and Co are going to attempt to recruit a top HS QB.  Nothing wrong with having a stable of QB's but nobody Tech has right now is blowing anyone's mind.  Just on the offensive side I still think Yost is the one who needs the most work.  His offense was really not that impressive.  

Prediction:  Wells and Yost bring in their guy.  Duffey transfers to ousux and wins the Heisman next year.  :)

I predicted a while back saying that I expected Duffey to transfer.  But I am apparently wrong on the part about Wells getting his guy over to Tech since he is declaring.  Next year still going to suck.

5 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I predicted a while back saying that I expected Duffey to transfer.  But I am apparently wrong on the part about Wells getting his guy over to Tech since he is declaring.  Next year still going to suck.

Duffey transferring is not much of a shocker, considering that they wouldn't play him until they had no other options whatsoever.

Yes but imo he earned the starting spot.  I understand two other guys are hurt but clearly Wells wanted to bring in Jordan Love if he could.  If that would have happened Love would be the starter next season and then you would have more than 1 QB leave.  Still might.  And I still think Yost is not that good of an OC, and that Wells is not going to last very long.  

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

Yes but imo he earned the starting spot.  I understand two other guys are hurt but clearly Wells wanted to bring in Jordan Love if he could.  If that would have happened Love would be the starter next season and then you would have more than 1 QB leave.  Still might.  And I still think Yost is not that good of an OC, and that Wells is not going to last very long.  

He earned the starting spot by being the only guy that vaguely resembles a D1 QB on the roster that didn't get injured?  

1 hour ago, Dirk X West said:

He earned the starting spot by being the only guy that vaguely resembles a D1 QB on the roster that didn't get injured?  

No, he got the starting spot by having 2 guys being injured.  He earned the starting spot by playing the entire season and improving despite a shitty OC.  Bowman should never play again since he is so fragile.  McIvor has just about zero playing time, and when he did, he was not that impressive.  But now those are the choices.

Duffy is going to move on and thrive.  It is the right move for him since Wells and Yost have made it clear he is not their guy.  Tech will still struggle at the QB spot and as a team next year.

33 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

No, he got the starting spot by having 2 guys being injured.  He earned the starting spot by playing the entire season and improving despite a shitty OC.

Yeah, I don't get this logic.  Why does the OC get no credit in helping him improve?  He was terrible under Kliff, the noted QB guru, started terrible under Yost but then became serviceable, partly because Yost simplified the offense for him.  I just don't see how people look at all this and conclude that Duffey did it all on his own, or even that Yost "held him back".

Well sorry you don't get the logic and that's fine it is merely my opinion.  I think Yost is shit, and his play calling is shit just like Kliff.  And I never said anything about Yost holding Duffey back.  But Duffey deserves some credit for improving due to the fact that he had lots of playing time and it was clear he improved as a player during the season.  i give the coaching no credit for it since I saw some play calls that made no sense at all during most games.  I am willing to bet Duffey goes elsewhere and does well for himself.  And as far as KK being the noted QB guru that is pure crap.  He was an awful coach and had a Heisman QB (granted a complete douchebag) and an NFL MVP on his roster and screwed it up.  I am just sick and tired of the shit product that Tech keeps putting on the field.