Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'd be in favor of a Tell Me About.... Thread for every Big 12 school.  These are great.

I envision a day where I pull up Surly and every thread on the first page of the football board is a "Tell me about" thread. Nothing about UT.

• Like 1

I was in their crackerbox of a stadium in 2002 for the Chris Simms vs. Kliff Kingsbury debacle when Simms airmailed them the victory late in the fourth quarter.  I had my two daughters with me.  All we were guilty of was wearing burnt orange and cheering for the Horns, but those lightweight cocksuckers talked so much vulgar shit to me in front of my girls that I'll never darken the door of their stadium, again.  Fuck sand aggy.  Easily the worst fans in the Big 12 and it's not even close.

1 hour ago, Slick16 said:

I was in their crackerbox of a stadium in 2002 for the Chris Simms vs. Kliff Kingsbury debacle when Simms airmailed them the victory late in the fourth quarter.  I had my two daughters with me.  All we were guilty of was wearing burnt orange and cheering for the Horns, but those lightweight cocksuckers talked so much vulgar shit to me in front of my girls that I'll never darken the door of their stadium, again.  Fuck sand aggy.  Easily the worst fans in the Big 12 and it's not even close.

Fuck that game and fuck Chris Simms!

3 hours ago, Slick16 said:

I was there for our game in '16 and encountered nothing but nice people.

Don't get the "crackerbox" description.  At all.

• Like 1

I was at that game as well.  Crazy stat in that game.  In the 4Q, we had the ball for 2 offensive snaps.  That's it.  That's gotta be a record.

1st play of the 4Q, Simms hit BJ Johnson for an 80 yard TD.  Then Tech had some 7min drive.  They kickoff to us and one of our big RBs took the kickoff like 60 yards.  We have the ball around the Tech 35 and on the 1st play of that drive Simms threw a pick in the endzone.  We never got the ball back.  Tech grinded the clock down to the very end. 

2 snaps.  Crazy.

5 hours ago, Slick16 said:

20 hours ago, Slick16 said:

Unless you were sitting in the student section,  I don't believe you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostRider said:

Unless you were sitting in the student section,  I don't believe you.

We were sitting on the West side, about the 20 yard line nearest the south end zone.  And I don't give a flying fuck whether you believe me or not.

19 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I was there for our game in '16 and encountered nothing but nice people.

Don't get the "crackerbox" description.  At all.

Did I mention the last time I was there was 2002?  It held about 50K fans if enough sand aggys showed up to sit on the grass in the north end zone.  Before that, the last time I was there was the day they killed their horse.   Going to games there hasn't been a pleasant experience so I stopped.

5 minutes ago, Slick16 said:

We were sitting on the West side, about the 20 yard line nearest the south end zone.  And I don't give a flying fuck whether you believe me or not.

I don't know man, I've had a blast every time I've visited Lubbock over the years.  The folks in red and black were always cordial to me and mine.  But I guess in your case, misery attracts misery.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slick16 said:

Did I mention the last time I was there was 2002?  It held about 50K fans if enough sand aggys showed up to sit on the grass in the north end zone.  Before that, the last time I was there was the day they killed their horse.   Going to games there hasn't been a pleasant experience so I stopped.

This post smells like aggy (proper aggy).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GhostRider said:

I don't know man, I've had a blast every time I've visited Lubbock over the years.  The folks in red and black were always cordial to me and mine.  But I guess in your case, misery attracts misery.

Yeah, sure.  It's not like sand aggy doesn't have a reputation for having a shitty fanbase or anything.   I can see why you would be confused.

5 minutes ago, Slick16 said:

Yeah, sure.  It's not like sand aggy doesn't have a reputation for having a shitty fanbase or anything.   I can see why you would be confused.

You're just the kind of whiney-ass Texas fan that keeps it fun.

On 4/18/2018 at 11:47 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

Negged. Other than hot dumb chicks, Leach is the best thing to ever come out of Lubbock.

Ooooh...negged? You meanie. 

He wrote: “Fucking A Mike Leach is awesome.” 

Shoulda used a comma. Didn’t. Gay

4 hours ago, DeweyCox said:

Ooooh...negged? You meanie. 

He wrote: “Fucking A Mike Leach is awesome.” 

Shoulda used a comma. Didn’t. Gay

Since he didn't leads me to wonder how many Mike Leaches are out there?

Well, they are probably all "out there" but how many of them are there?

It's now safe to go to LBK for games. Since the attitude era is over. Those days were like WWF in the Big 12. We all hated each other. LBK at night for a rivalry game was like walking into a war zone except you can get laid at 2 AM after having nachos and tortillas thrown at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also remember as a young HS TT summer camp athlete my cousin and I were caught at the top level dorm with the volleyball camp girls along with other recruits and Mike Leach made us wheel barrow and roll for the rest of camp. Benny Wylie and Simmons were the punishers. Was it worth it? Yes it was... yes it was

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 10:50 PM, ABTX said:

I also remember as a young HS TT summer camp athlete my cousin and I were caught at the top level dorm with the volleyball camp girls along with other recruits and Mike Leach made us wheel barrow and roll for the rest of camp. Benny Wylie and Simmons were the punishers. Was it worth it? Yes it was... yes it was

Totally worth it!