Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Congrats on finding a place worse than Lubbock.

Amarillo does have The Big Texan Steak Ranch...

AMARILLO, Texas –  She did it again!

At the Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, Texas, Molly Schuyler, weighing in at 124 pounds, ate not one, not two but three 72 oz. steaks in 20 minutes flat.

Not only did she scarf down the steaks, but she also ate three baked potatoes, three side salads, three rolls and three shrimp cocktails.

Edited by LTtxfan

On 5/18/2019 at 2:15 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Siap but Tech vet school officially approved

aggy mad

They are so pissed that their monopoly is over.  I do not recall anyone standing in the way when aggy wanted to to open a law school (course I may be wrong, but don't care).  Fuck those hypocrite bitches.

Congrats Tech, keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

They are so pissed that their monopoly is over.  I do not recall anyone standing in the way when aggy wanted to to open a law school (course I may be wrong, but don't care).  Fuck those hypocrite bitches.

not to mention they had been throttled by the state on affiliating with South Texas College of Law in the past and when they bought TWU law the law school market and need for lawyers was horrid and getting worse

20 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Knight is in the midst of suffering some very serious health issues.

Which has fuck all to do with x,x,x,4.

On the bright side, it turns out that no one in America has died of old age since 1951 - according to oaffishul government records... therefore, if he can get over it, there's no reason, other than disease, that he shouldn't live forever.

10 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Which has fuck all to do with x,x,x,4.

On the bright side, it turns out that no one in America has died of old age since 1951 - according to oaffishul government records... therefore, if he can get over it, there's no reason, other than disease, that he shouldn't live forever.

How irrational of me.  You posted a pic of Knight in which he wasn't looking too good and I made a very benign comment that he was currently experiencing some health issues.  It is not uncommon when that happens to people of some notoriety, for it to be considered newsworthy to some.

And you then honor us with the high IQ flavored rant posted above.  Go shit in your purse.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

How irrational of me.  You posted a pic of Knight in which he wasn't looking too good and I made a very benign comment that he was currently experiencing some health issues.  It is not uncommon when that happens to people of some notoriety, for it to be considered newsworthy to some.

And you then honor us with the high IQ flavored rant posted above.  Go shit in your purse.

You poor, sad little man.

22 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

13 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

You poor, sad little man.

Ah, the offseason has officially started: TexLong has thrown out the first calumny. (Actually, it may have been a tie.)

On 5/29/2019 at 8:39 AM, Moby Ric said:

As if the state needed more lawyers too. Lulz

bullpen just gave that one away

Tech is an arm or two and a hitter (or two) away from being really really good

their hitting was more timely than it has been in a while, but the arms did not help them at all

of course a lot of teams are an arm or two and a hitter or two away from being really great.....but of course a lot are much further away than that

21 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Don't worry, Fall is Coming and Tech football will bring us all crashing back down to reality.

Lol, let us have this one. It's been a LONG time since Tech was legitimately good at anything. We'll be back to our holes once football season starts, don't worry. We only get a flash in the pan football coach once every 30 or so years (Carlen, then Leach). 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Don't worry, Fall is Coming and Tech football will bring us all crashing back down to reality.

22 hours ago, slorch said:

My expectations could not be lower, come the Autumn Wind...

2 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Lol, let us have this one. It's been a LONG time since Tech was legitimately good at anything. We'll be back to our holes once football season starts, don't worry. We only get a flash in the pan football coach once every 30 or so years (Carlen, then Leach). 

Yep.  I'm living in the moment.

I don't think Tech football will be that bad. Bowman will be solid and Wells can coach. You have to think a bid to Armed Forces or Cheez-It Bowl is expected.

2 Auto Wins - Montana State & UTEP

Go 4-4 against @Arizona, Oklahoma State, @Baylor (hey no more neutral site for a dozen fans to attend), Iowa State, @Kansas, @West Virginia, TCU, Kansas State,

Bonus games @OU & @UT

24 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I don't think Tech football will be that bad. Bowman will be solid and Wells can coach. You have to think a bid to Armed Forces or Cheez-It Bowl is expected.

2 Auto Wins - Montana State & UTEP

Go 4-4 against @Arizona, Oklahoma State, @Baylor (hey no more neutral site for a dozen fans to attend), Iowa State, @Kansas, @West Virginia, TCU, Kansas State,

Bonus games @OU & @UT

This is how I see it too.  6 wins is doable for this team.

Not that I think there's a chance in hell of it happening, nor do I even want it to, but think it's damn funny that it appears a number of their SEC brethren are of the opinion that A&M has worn out their welcome and are ready to add someone like TT.

Five page thread on "SEC Rant" pertaining to adding TT and running off mostly A&M. Good entertainment. https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/should-we-invite-texas-tech-into-the-sec/83896353/

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Not that I think there's a chance in hell of it happening, nor do I even want it to, but think it's damn funny that it appears a number of their SEC brethren are of the opinion that A&M has worn out their welcome and are ready to add someone like TT.

Five page thread on "SEC Rant" pertaining to adding TT and running off mostly A&M. Good entertainment. https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/should-we-invite-texas-tech-into-the-sec/83896353/

That thread is hilarious.  As it has been stated before, there are no take backs on aggy.  They are your problem now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pigmeat markham said:

Thought it was funny too that most of the anti Tech comments were from Ags.  They're the most insecure bastards on the planet.

The SEC deal as a whole just proves once again, the only people who actually want to be around aggy are the ones who have never dealt with them.  Once they do meet, it's like, "holy fuck!  What have we done?"

Tech is having a very good year:

After years of advocacy from the Texas Tech University System, the Legislature has earmarked more than $17 million for the West Texas institution to establish a veterinary medicine school, the second of its kind in the state.

The system also received $20 million to open a dental school in El Paso.

“This has been — for us — a long, long road. But it’s been very much worth the effort,” Texas Tech University System Chancellor Tedd Mitchell said at a press conference Tuesday.

He expressed gratitude to state leaders and lawmakers for Tech’s “absolutely historic legislative session,” and suggested both schools would meet critical regional needs.

• Like 1

Some good stuff in that SEC rant thread. Here’s my favorite exchange:

Posted by Bama94 iconAlabama.gif on 6/12/19 at 3:31 pm to BurlesonCountyAg
quote:
A&M is a known brand worldwide. We have a huge enrollment and the Aggie Network is extremely powerful. The football program is a sleeping giant. Even Saban knows it.

Good grief, so is every other P5 university that's on TV. Sleeping giant doesn't shine anyone's shoes when you've been mediocre for 30 years.  

You people brag about yourselves as if you're Harvard when all you really are is a big state supported school with marginal football, basketball, and baseball. At least Vandy is good at baseball.
This post was edited on 6/12 at 3:34 pm

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I have always said A&M talks like they are better for Harvard for academics and their ROTC is superior to that piddly program at West Point.

It's because the want it so bad...