Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

18 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/texas-tech-linebacker-brandon-bouyer-randle-arrested-sunday-morning/

I have one question

Texas Tech linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle was arrested Sunday morning and charged with evading arrest on a watercraft

where in the fuck do you do that in Lubbock?

hopefully this is no big deal and he gets back on the field soon

No shit.  This story would make sense if we’re talking about Miami but Lubbock in my rear view mirror?

23 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/texas-tech-linebacker-brandon-bouyer-randle-arrested-sunday-morning/

I have one question

Texas Tech linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle was arrested Sunday morning and charged with evading arrest on a watercraft

maxresdefault.jpg

47 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I have one question

The Fountains on Broadway on the east campus entrance?

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

I have one question

There is Buffalo Lake (pond) near town and about an hour away is Lake Alan Henry. 

23 hours ago, slorch said:

I am aware.   When you find out who someone is, they don't just have license to your life/ school forever.

Fuck Art Briles.  Fuck the people bringing him up as a candidate to work at Tech in any capacity.

maybe you Waco fucks still want him.  That's your deal, not ours.

baylor would take him back in a heartbeat.  You know, second chances and all that.  They religious and would do the same for Kevin Steele.  

On 11/8/2020 at 1:07 PM, slorch said:

The Fountains on Broadway on the east campus entrance?

So it turns out that it was just mistakenly entered as the watercraft thing.  Something about being disrespected in an IHOP parking lot, which happens to be about a mile from my house.  He threatened to shoot someone and he may have had a gun or may not have had one (he didn't have one). 

And in my hood, on the hard, mean cul de sacs of Melanie Park where the HOAs are in charge and they some bad mofos, we all know to don't be dissin' someone you ain't familiar with.  So he's in trouble for doin' nuthin' but some required regulatin'

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:09 AM, slorch said:

Lol’ing at some fucking moron On Tech football pages trying to say Art Briles Is a fantastic candidate to replace Wells, because good oh art was just the scapegoat for Baylor’s transgressions. I mean I guess it could be arts mom if she weren’t dead already...

when I say I would rather finish last then have that motherfucker is the face of tech football, it may very well come to fruition this year. And yes I can stomach finishing last way the hell Easier than seeing that piece of shit in red and black

That is a healthy attitude. 

The rest of the story...  what an idiot...

Texas Tech LB arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot IHOP employees

Texas Tech linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle was arrested early Sunday morning at a Lubbock-area IHOP after he and another man were allegedly threatening to shoot two employees, according to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.

Bouyer-Randle was arrested and charged with one felony count of evading police, and was released the next morning. The Texas Tech athletic department is investigating the incident.

“[His status is] kind of to be determined right now,” Texas Tech coach Matt Wells said, via the Avalanche-Journal. “We’re still gathering information in terms of all those facts and I’ll work with [athletic director] Kirby [Hocutt] and we’ll see right where it’s at, exactly what the situation is. But still gathering facts right now.”

Texas Tech LB arrested at an IHOP

An officer responded to calls of two people in a car circling a Lubbock-area IHOP parking lot and threatening to shoot two restaurant employees early on Sunday morning.

A police report said an employee overheard Bouyer-Randle and another man approach a co-worker and her fiancé and threatened to shoot them, though he never saw a gun. The employee, who said Bouyer-Randle was “posturing as if he was armed,” said he saw Bouyer-Randle drive to a nearby church where he thinks he threw out the gun. No gun was ever found.

That’s when Bouyer-Randle allegedly returned to the restaurant and started circling. He also allegedly started hitting the employee’s truck with his car and threatened them there, too.

The officer pulled the car over upon arrival to the IHOP, which quickly pulled into a parking spot in the lot, and drew his weapon — which he said he did because the call involved a firearm.

The officer then reportedly took cover behind another vehicle and ordered Bouyer-Randle, who was driving the car, to roll down his windows. Bouyer-Randle looked at the officer, per the report, but then allegedly “ignored his commands and began to back out of the parking spot.” The officer then returned to his car, stopped Bouyer-Randle’s car with his own, and then pulled Bouyer-Randle from his car and detained him.

"Due to the totality of the circumstances, it was apparent that [Bouyer-Randle] intentionally used his motor vehicle to flee from a person [he] knew was a peace officer attempting to lawfully detain him," the officer wrote in his report, per the Avalanche-Journal. "[Bouyer-Randle] was arrested for evading in a motor vehicle."

Bouyer-Randle is in his first season at Texas Tech, having transferred in as a graduate transfer following a stint at Michigan State. He has 32 total tackles and a sack so far this season, and started in three of their seven games. He had two total tackles in the Red Raiders’ 34-18 loss to TCU on Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...
He just attempted a fucking field goal on 2nd and 4 from the 30 with almost 3 minutes to go.  And missed. 
That's worse than mensa level stupid. 

Just catching up on this thread and stumbled on this gem. Why did he do this? I’m guessing he thought kick the FG to get within one score, get the ball back and score a TD to win in the final seconds. If so, that’s pretty fucking weird and not very likely to work.

Never mind. Some posters girlfriend who doesn’t understand football broke it down pretty well a few posts later. Wells may be retarded.

44 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

No bullshit - the Briles to Tech rumors are heating up in Lubbock.  That would make us look like saints for hiring Meyer.

seeems like a massive troll job.

If they do it, I would be 100% out on Tech football.   Whatever "wrong" might be, hiring Briles is infinitely worse.

Fuck all of that.   

3 hours ago, slorch said:

seeems like a massive troll job.

If they do it, I would be 100% out on Tech football.   Whatever "wrong" might be, hiring Briles is infinitely worse.

Fuck all of that.   

I’m not trolling, just going off what I’ve heard from some Lubbock folks.  I grew up there, so I keep in touch with family and friends on a  regular basis.  But yeah. I’ll believe it when I see it.

3 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

I’m not trolling, just going off what I’ve heard from some Lubbock folks.  I grew up there, so I keep in touch with family and friends on a  regular basis.  But yeah. I’ll believe it when I see it.

I did not mean you.  So my apologies, if it sounded like that.  My point was about the  the topic in general on Tech FB pages and boards.  They are actively asking people to prove what Art Briles did. Here's the deal:

1. It happened under his watch.  Repeatedly.  End of story. with regard to the responsibility of leadership. It was either gross negligence or he was complicit.

2. If he was fighting like hell to prevent/ correct it; then where is the publicized timeline of action/ measures of prevention that he performed... that any decent lawyer would have had posted everywhere anyone could read?  It is miraculously absent.  Just like the Penn State deal, it might not have been Joe Paterno's fault the first time he found out about Sandusky's transgressions.  The 3rd, 5th, and 20th times were absolutely on Joe Pa.

Edited by slorch

I am not saying that Wells is necessarily a great coach and there are no guarantees how he will turn out, but anyone with an actual clue about football should know that Kliff left a steaming pile of shit as far as recruits and recruiting (unlike what the same morons think Kliff was left with) and the players are playing a shit load harder and not quitting at all in any game unlike with coach bro when they often quit early in the 3rd quarter

Bowman unfortunately simply cannot stay healthy, but he has brought in some pretty damn good transfers and the D is playing better than in a long time

with a QB that could stay healthy and consistency there it would stabilize the passing game and make it much better and that combined with the running game they have right now would be pretty tough to deal with

they have a pretty damn good group of receivers too they need to address some issues with the OLine and DLine, but that seems to be an issue for the entire Big 12 probably because they all insist in looking in Texas where they play 7 on 7 football and do nothing to develop lineman or defenses

Tech will look foolish firing a coach in year 2 especially this year 2 and all the more so to bring in Briles as if anyone else of vying for his services and he will not be available next year or even the year after.....all the more so when Dykes is out there probably with another season at SMU to prove he can win consistently and Tech could almost certainly lure him away from SMU

This is in the pantheon of terrible ideas. Even if he was not a complete pariah, he’s been out of big time coaching and is 65 years old.  Tech doesn’t need this guy.  There are plenty of young coaches out there capable of doing a good job in Lubbock without bringing this dude in from Mt. Vernon high school.  Have a little self-respect, Tech.

The same big money guys who want Briles badly wanted Holgerson after Tech fired Kliff.  That also didn't happen.  

Tech idiotically shit canning Mike Leach showed a lack of ambition in a certain way, as they didn't want to pay him even more money and let him get bigger than the AD and rest of the athletic dept, but because of that I don't see the leadership of the university consenting to hiring a sleazy coach that might win enough that they have a hard time keeping him on a leash.

Edited by Dirk X West

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I am not saying that Wells is necessarily a great coach and there are no guarantees how he will turn out, but anyone with an actual clue about football should know that Kliff left a steaming pile of shit as far as recruits and recruiting (unlike what the same morons think Kliff was left with) and the players are playing a shit load harder and not quitting at all in any game unlike with coach bro when they often quit early in the 3rd quarter

Bowman unfortunately simply cannot stay healthy, but he has brought in some pretty damn good transfers and the D is playing better than in a long time

with a QB that could stay healthy and consistency there it would stabilize the passing game and make it much better and that combined with the running game they have right now would be pretty tough to deal with

they have a pretty damn good group of receivers too they need to address some issues with the OLine and DLine, but that seems to be an issue for the entire Big 12 probably because they all insist in looking in Texas where they play 7 on 7 football and do nothing to develop lineman or defenses

Tech will look foolish firing a coach in year 2 especially this year 2 and all the more so to bring in Briles as if anyone else of vying for his services and he will not be available next year or even the year after.....all the more so when Dykes is out there probably with another season at SMU to prove he can win consistently and Tech could almost certainly lure him away from SMU

Agreed, for the most part.  The rumors about Wells are really being amplified by a certain discontented section of our fanbase, who seem to have forgotten that Kliff Kingsbury A. only managed two winning seasons in his 6 years at Tech - the best being year one, with Senator Dumbass's players; B. couldn't manage to win anything  with the best QB in football (because he let the defense descend to an historically bad level); and C. had fallen into a pattern of getting his teams up only to play UT and OU and then and, as you mentioned, standing by while they quit like bitches for the rest of the season once they lost those 2 matchups.  

Edited by Dirk X West

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Could have been condition of Wells keeping his job??  Fire Yost and we're going to hire Briles as OC?

crossed my mind too.

"You're staying, but Art's coming in as OC..."

The Eagle Shale boys are doing exactly what they allegedly hated about some of the circumstances around Leach's dismissal.  It is not remotely transparent.

Edited by slorch

I'm kind of surprised anybody at all got fired, even with all the rumors.  This indicates that Wells's seat is much hotter than I would have thought, at the end of just year 2.

It'll be interesting to see if Wells is pressured to hired a Leach disciple to be OC.  That might be the only way to placate the mouth breathers.