Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

11 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

What did y’all do/say to get banned?!

I told pitbull his taking over the site had turned it to shit.  So he permanently banned me.  I really didn't care that much I was wanting to be gone form there which is why I said it.

IIRC, reasons i was banned:

1. Coach Wars.  I was/ am Pro-Leach.   GOBers didn't like it.

2.  Said Tuberville was a spineless fucker.

3. More Leach stuff.  One of the mods got their feelins hurt because they miserably lost an argument.

4. Said a Tech fan should have shown more restraint when an Okie Lite hoops player went into the crowd( as part of the flow of the game, not malice in the Palace shit.) Turns out, said fan was one of the mod's buddies and he got his feewings hurted.

5.  I don't remember.

Edited by slorch

He was welcomed very warmly on his last 2 book signings.

I liked the other 2 tomes.  He needs to get into the personal advice business.  His advice on dating and marriage is spot on.

Read the other two myself as well, one of them my own gin-you-ine signed copy compliments of my son.  I raised him right.

Yeah his visits to the Hub are always well received.  In my eyes and apparently in the eyes of most, what's not to like?  And that dating and marriage stuff is indeed tip top.

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I'm debating on whether I should go to Barnes and Noble or not. It's right down the road from the office.

I went to River Oaks in H-town, about 35 miles from my house for Swing Your Sword signing.

Yeah, I got an autograph, but the best part was telling him thanks for all he did for Texas Tech, regardless of how it turned out; and shaking his hand.

The man deserves to hear that.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:05 AM, Bash Riprock said:

I think it's funny how us Tech fans have to congregate to a UT message board to discuss the going ons of our program. Our community needs a message board. RP sucks cocks.

Same boat.  

I'm not a huge fan of the groupthink on OrangePower.com or whatever other OSU message boards are still out there.  Thank goodness I found Shaggy all of those years ago.  

On 7/18/2018 at 11:05 AM, Bash Riprock said:

I think it's funny how us Tech fans have to congregate to a UT message board to discuss the going ons of our program. Our community needs a message board. RP sucks cocks.

I feel ya dude.  The college I graduated from(Texas A&M Commerce/ETSU) doesn’t have a message board either. 

However, I’m glad y’all are over here. I’ve not only learned a bunch of history about Tech through you guys, but also y’all’s experiences while attending  which makes learning about the school more intriguing. 

• Like 3

On 7/25/2018 at 4:44 PM, Bash Riprock said:

I think the best uni's we have are the throw backs.

But I really enjoy when we wear Black tops and White pants.

r960-52510315506d090071e68d2044a05613.jp

This photo is part of what makes the southwest great, both are excellent offensive programs with enthusiastic fans...

not exactly Texas Tech related, but hits pretty close to home

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/reagor-dykes-companies-file-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy/1339697208

they have been buying and building shit all over Lubbock and the high plains (like Jody Nelson only with actual businesses) I wondered how they were getting it done because there is no magic formula in the auto business

fucking with your floor plan is a major no no I don't see how they pull out of this

11 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/reagor-dykes-companies-file-for-chapter-11-bankruptcy/1339697208

they have been buying and building shit all over Lubbock and the high plains (like Jody Nelson only with actual businesses) I wondered how they were getting it done because there is no magic formula in the auto business

fucking with your floor plan is a major no no I don't see how they pull out of this

38273651_10214185770656484_7764399400482

interestingly the Spike Dykes dealership does not appear in the BK filing, but Reagor and Dykes are very big athletics supporters so that is not good for Tech because even if the dealerships are taken over it is doubtful the new owners would be as big of supporters of TTU athletics

Mears Mazda took a shot at Reagor Dykes already over theor "coaches car" program, but there are a number of dealers in that program besides Reagor Dykes

Stumbled upon this last night. The 1939 game between Tech and Centenary. 

The 1939 Texas Tech vs. Centenary football game was an American college football game played between the Texas Tech Red Raiders and Centenary Gentlemen on November 11, 1939, at Centenary College Stadium in Shreveport, Louisiana. In "one of the weirdest games in NCAA History, "torrential downpour and muddy field conditions prevented either Texas Tech or Centenary from advancing the ball by running or passing. To cope with the conditions, both teams resorted to repetitive and immediate punting. Both teams combined to punt 77 times. With each punt, both teams hoped to recover a fumble at the other end of the field.

Cent.png

Final 0-0

Edited by Bash Riprock

On 8/1/2018 at 9:21 PM, ButtFumble said:

they told their employees last night ...uh, we can't make payroll ....have only $78,000 cash in 5 combined dealerships ...and $119,000 in another ($352,000 payroll due) ....plus Reagor threatened to "shoot your fucking ass" to a ford credit employee....and then texted that ford employee  to confirm he said that ...🤣

24 minutes ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

maybe and maybe not the deal was made in June 2017 so that should be past any BK claw back period and they SOLD the business so they should have gotten something for it

while they probably got some nice monthly salaries as part of that sale instead of some outright cash at the time of purchase and those checks are probably going away they are still the ones making it happen and it sounds like Bart would not be smart enough to have a no compete and who knows if there is patented or owned technology that cannot be copied or how it is protected

not to mention there is a chance they could end up being owned by Ford Credit and thus they could become bigger from that.....but of course Ford could shit can them and put in their own guys or offer them much lower wages and who knows if they retained any ownership that would be wiped out

but of course this particular entity might be stand alone and not part of the BK and if Ford ends up owning any of it then it would be a % that is equal to what Reagor Dykes owned and these guys retain their equity and their ability to go after new business while having Ford Credit as a willing or unwilling partial owner

the last one probably being the best for them with the next best being they are not part of the BK and Reagor Dykes retains their ownership full or partial and these guys go after new business

but I agree they are probably shitting their pants right now and calling Teddy Liggett or Dawis W. "Gorilla Law" Smith to ask them what to do

Edited by ButtFumble

On 8/3/2018 at 11:39 AM, michaelpshayes said:

they told their employees last night ...uh, we can't make payroll ....have only $78,000 cash in 5 combined dealerships ...and $119,000 in another ($352,000 payroll due) ....plus Reagor threatened to "shoot your fucking ass" to a ford credit employee....and then texted that ford employee  to confirm he said that ...🤣

So, should be be expecting a liquidation sale soon..? 

I will drive to west Texas for a good deal on a convertible Nissan Murano...

Hopefully the ownership can get things in order, as I hate to hear any business going under...