Creasy's art is death...

Parliament

...he's about to paint his masterpiece.

Coulda gone into the "Movies that won you over," thread.  Scott's weird editing and twangy score turned me off.  But Creasy's #rampage is worth it.  

Denzel Washington started a new wave of "old(er) guys kicking ass."  We wouldn't have Taken without Man on Fire.

Running around on cable a lot the last couple of months.  Interesting observation on Taken.  Probably right.

I think Scott borrowed from Traffic for the color oversaturation.  The Mexico scenes could be from the same film.

Oh hell, I looked at the IMDB entry for this and noticed for the first time that this is a based on the first of a series of novels.  Got the first one.  Could keep me busy for the summer.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

I love Man on Fire but y'all can stuff your Taken sucks takes in a sock. That's a really fun movie that I love, as well (the first one). One good scene? No. I can think of 6 off the top of my head.

Its formulaic.    it might be entertaining but it's nothing special.   MoF rises above.

18 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Running around on cable a lot the last couple of months.  Interesting observation on Taken.  Probably right.

I think Scott borrowed from Traffic for the color oversaturation.  The Mexico scenes could be from the same film.

Oh hell, I looked at the IMDB entry for this and noticed for the first time that this is a based on the first of a series of novels.  Got the first one.  Could keep me busy for the summer.

I read the first book years ago and while I liked it, I think this is one of the rare instances where the movie is actually better than the book.

Spoiler but not really important enough to ruin the book spoiler: 

Roughly a third of the book is him recovering and getting back in shape after he is shot and the little girl is kidnapped.  Pages and pages about him swimming across a lake.  It drags, IMO.

Edited by Tom

[Heavy Jersey accent] Ahhhh man.... you're makin' me fuuuuckin' nervous.... [/Heavy Jersey accent]

Fucking love Man on Fire.

Creasy Bear kicks ass.

Tons of great performances from Walken, Rachel Ticotin, Giancarlo Giannini, Micky Rourke...even Mark Anthony is good. 

And the whole thing wouldn't work as well if Dakota Fanning wasn't so damn good. 

Edited by oSuJeff97