2018 NCAA Super Regionals Thread

TrashMaster G

Now that we have the full schedule set, let's start a fresh thread:

Games begin Friday, June 8 - All times are Eastern

*Game times and ESPN Network subject to change

No. 14 Minnesota (44-13) at No. 3 Oregon St. (47-10-1)

5 p.m. (ESPN2), 9:30 p.m. (ESPN2), *9 p.m. (ESPN2)

No. 11 Stetson (48-11) at No. 6 North Carolina (41-18)

11 a.m. (ESPN2), Noon, (ESPN2), *Noon (ESPN2)

Washington (33-23) at Cal St. Fullerton (35-23)

2 p.m. (ESPN2), 6:30 p.m. (ESPNU), *9 p.m. (ESPNU)

Mississippi St. (35-26) at Vanderbilt (34-25)

8 p.m. (ESPN2), 9:30 p.m. (ESPN), *6 p.m. (ESPN2)

The following four best-of-three super regionals will be played Saturday, June 9, Sunday, June 10, and Monday, June 11 (if necessary). 

Games begin Saturday, June 9 – All times are Eastern

*Game times and ESPN Network subject to change

Auburn (42-21) at No. 1 Florida (45-18)

Noon (ESPN), Noon (ESPN), *8:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Duke (44-16) at No. 9 Texas Tech (42-17)

3 p.m. (ESPNU), 6 p.m. (ESPNU), *4 p.m. (ESPN2)

South Carolina (36-24) at No. 5 Arkansas (42-18)

6:30 p.m. (ESPN2), 3 p.m. (ESPN), *7 p.m. (ESPN)

Tennessee Tech (52-10) at No. 13 Texas (40-20)

3 p.m. (ESPN2), 3 p.m. (ESPN2), *1 p.m. (ESPN2)

Craig Way has since clarified that Game 2 for Austin is 2pm Eastern/1pm Central.

CWS Appearances:

Tenn Tech, Stetson, Washington - 0

Texas Tech - 2

Duke, Vanderbilt - 3

Auburn - 4

Minnesota - 5

Oregon State - 6

Arkansas - 8

Mississippi State - 9

North Carolina - 10

Florida, South Carolina - 11

Fullerton - 18

Texas - 35

National Championships left in the field:

Auburn, Texas Tech, Duke, Arkansas, Tenn Tech, Washington, Miss State, UNC, Stetson - 0

Florida, Vanderbilt - 1

South Carolina, Oregon State - 2

Minnesota - 3

Fullerton - 4

Texas - 6

• Like 3

I would have guessed Vandy had way more CWS appearances than Duke...

Surprised U-Dub has zero priors, what with the west coast influence and their resources.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Surprised U-Dub has zero priors, what with the west coast influence and their resources.

Our resources have historically been spent on everything but baseball.  We didn't have a stadium with permanent seating until 2014, IIRC.

Before that, the "stadium" was a collection of those temporary bleachers that you normally find at shitty high school fields:

stadium_lg.jpg

That's actually the "improved" version from the one that they used when I was there in the 90's.

Edited by Beau Vine
What the fuck with images not embedding??
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Our resources have historically been spent on everything but baseball.  We didn't have a stadium with permanent seating until 2012, IIRC.

Before that, the "stadium" was a collection of those temporary bleachers that you normally find at shitty high school fields:

That's actually the "improved" version from the one that they used when I was there in the 90's.

U_of_Wash_-_Chaffey_Field_pano_01.jpg

latest?cb=20151227153752

I actually feel really damn good about our matchup with Vandy. Yes they swept us in the regular season. But this team is completely different since the page turned to April. (14-15, 2-7 in conference.. to start the season). Now we are 35-26 and went 15-15 in conference. During that winning span we went 10-1 vs Top 10 rpi teams (UF,Ark,UM and FSU).

The NCAA put the regional in Vandys tiny stadium due to construction on ours is what Kendall Rogers said. I hate it because we would of easily pulled 11k (Upper level isn't finished yet) and had to turn people away in droves. But so it goes. Sorry guys both of us can't lose for the anti-sec haters. 

2 hours ago, msudawg said:

I actually feel really damn good about our matchup with Vandy. Yes they swept us in the regular season. But this team is completely different since the page turned to April. (14-15, 2-7 in conference.. to start the season). Now we are 35-26 and went 15-15 in conference. During that winning span we went 10-1 vs Top 10 rpi teams (UF,Ark,UM and FSU).

The NCAA put the regional in Vandys tiny stadium due to construction on ours is what Kendall Rogers said. I hate it because we would of easily pulled 11k (Upper level isn't finished yet) and had to turn people away in droves. But so it goes. Sorry guys both of us can't lose for the anti-sec haters. 

I'll root for Vandy, just because they are the oddest ducks of the SEC.

24 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So in the D1Baseball podcast they still are sure our pitching will collapse underneath a cascade of walks at any minute...and fair enough. But at least one of them, Kendall Rogers I think, picked us to win.

I like that expectations are still low for us.  It can only help.

28 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

So in the D1Baseball podcast they still are sure our pitching will collapse underneath a cascade of walks at any minute...and fair enough. But at least one of them, Kendall Rogers I think, picked us to win.

They both picked aggy last week

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

Omaha Prediction:

Bracket 1

Florida vs. Texas Tech

Texas vs. Arkansas

Bracket 2

Cal State Fullerton vs. Mississippi State

Stetson vs. Oregon State 

SEC conspiracy to kill Big XII dominance. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tell me again why he is back pitching for osu despite the guilty plea of sexually assaulting his 9 year old cousin?

So you can be a gash on a web forum that no one involved will ever read?  Shake that fist, fucknut.

• Like 2