2018 NCAA Super Regionals Thread

TrashMaster G

If the kid stumbles or just never gets his glove up, it’s a 2B or 3B (a la Tate) and everyone blames the pitcher for giving up a huge hit that was mashed. Instead, it becomes a fielding gaffe for the ages. Cruel. 

Of course, this assumes the ball wasn’t going over the wall on its own. Which it perhaps would have.

Edited by Gut Wagon

That ball is NOT going to clear the fence

I think it was going to get out. Had a line-drive trajectory not a quickly falling one like many HR.

Doesn't make it sting any less because that was an out to be made. How was it scored? Error?

That sting will take a long time to go away for that young man. Sucks.

It was scored a HR.  There's no option to score it any other way when it goes over the fence as far as I've ever seen.

On a different note, we were the only team to lose Game 1 of the Super and advance.

7 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

I think it was going to get out. Had a line-drive trajectory not a quickly falling one like many HR.

Doesn't make it sting any less because that was an out to be made. How was it scored? Error?

That sting will take a long time to go away for that young man. Sucks.

where is jonathan brenkus when you need him?

15 minutes ago, WBT said:

It was scored a HR.  There's no option to score it any other way when it goes over the fence as far as I've ever seen.

On a different note, we were the only team to lose Game 1 of the Super and advance.

Dude has to be feeling miserable as fuck right now.....feel for the kid

would have never guessed that
Minn used to be good. And their coach Chief Siebert used to bring em to Texas early in the season and play a bunch of teams and by the time they got to Clark Field they looked like lobsters. Was a great rivalry. The Wild Bunch and Chief would trade barbs. Chief gave as good as he got. Minn had some great players. Watched Dave Winfield knock himself out cold running full tilt into the concrete bunker in left field chasing a fly ball.

The series with Minn ended after the Chief retired and the new Minn coach took offense to a foul ball at the Disch that the Wild Bunch wrote an obscene message on and rolled into the Minn dougout and the giant titty baby new coach took offense and ended the series the fucking pussy.
  • Like 1