Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise Catch-All

C-Man

On 2/29/2020 at 6:25 PM, Vito Andolini said:

The new Bachelorette will be revealed Monday morning, which means it can’t be one of the three remaining “contestants” this season. Victoria F. could have been a fun choice with those giant tits, loose, home wrecking morals and penchant for drama, but Hannah Ann is way too young and Madi is as boring as her sexual history. 

Reality Steve says he has learned the identity:

Hide contents

As noted by several outlets, the choice is supposed to be a real surprise, so that eliminates crazy Kelsey “Is that my champagne?” Weir... and Reality Steve says it’s Clare Crawley, the runner up from Juan Pablo’s season. She’s 32, full of crazy and hot enough to make dudes fight over her. Rumor has it they wanted to go a touch older, early 30’s to get a more interesting mix, rather than early twenty somethings who don’t know what they want yet.

Confirmed Clare Crawley.  She's actually 38, not 32, which will be quite the shift from the stream of 24 year olds that have graced our screen lately.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

On 2/27/2020 at 9:48 AM, henrygandorf said:

absolutely not.

this thread is for the bachelor, the bachelorette, bachelor in paradise, bachelor winter games, bachelor musical edition listen to your heart, bachelor senior citizens, bachelor pad, bachelor cananada, bachelor australia, the bachelor movie with chris o'donnell, bachelor party with tom hanks, and the great muppet caper bachelor.

we have our limits.

What about The Bachelor Vietnam, where two of the chicks dumped the dude and declared their love for each other?

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the problem is clare's group of dudes will (should) be 34-48.  although i'm sure they'll throw in some 26-30 year olds.  peter's group of chicks was mostly 23-27.  the demo breakdown in mexico could be...unbalanced.

4c2c364c-ced7-4077-bb02-79e9179a150d-get

On 2/29/2020 at 6:25 PM, Vito Andolini said:

The new Bachelorette will be revealed Monday morning, which means it can’t be one of the three remaining “contestants” this season. Victoria F. could have been a fun choice with those giant tits, loose, home wrecking morals and penchant for drama, but Hannah Ann is way too young and Madi is as boring as her sexual history. 

Reality Steve says he has learned the identity:

Hide contents

As noted by several outlets, the choice is supposed to be a real surprise, so that eliminates crazy Kelsey “Is that my champagne?” Weir... and Reality Steve says it’s Clare Crawley, the runner up from Juan Pablo’s season. She’s 32, full of crazy and hot enough to make dudes fight over her. Rumor has it they wanted to go a touch older, early 30’s to get a more interesting mix, rather than early twenty somethings who don’t know what they want yet.

Ugh, she sucks.

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I, for one, hope she channels her inner Brett Michaels and whores it up in epic fashion.

she will 100% keep some 26 year old eye-candy type long enough to bang him, then cut him loose.

upon hearing the news this morning, my wife said, "is that the chick with one arm?"

So Madison wound up coming back and is one of the final two. I thought she and Hannah Ann would be the final two awhile back so I'm wondering what the shocking twist is going to be. Does he pick Madison and then it blows up over the whole fantasy suite thing? I'm still sticking to my guns that he's not with either Hannah Ann or Madison at this point.

Not sure I'm going to bother with the songwriting Bachelor show.

16 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

would have been a much better show with a 38 year old "Bachelor" and a bunch of 30-45 year old ladies.

Wasn't there a show like this years and years ago, with some professional tennis player? He was in his thirties and the women were either in their 20s or in their 40s and 50s.

I think it was called "Age of Love." He chose a young one btw.

29 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

network exec 1 - what are our two biggest shows?

network exec 2 - bachelor and american idol, why?

network exec 1 - i have a really shitty idea.  call me later. 

Yeah, it was completely obvious when somebody said it was a real-life "A Star Is Born" -- I'm sure that was the exact pitch to ABC.

30 minutes ago, ajax said:

Wasn't there a show like this years and years ago, with some professional tennis player? He was in his thirties and the women were either in their 20s or in their 40s and 50s.

I think it was called "Age of Love." He chose a young one btw.

Your memory is much better than mine, as I watched this, yet completely forgot about it.

2007, Mark Phillipousis was the lead.

I think the stakes will be higher for a bunch of 30-40 year olds, so the drama could be fun (provided the casting is right... avoid people who are actually grown up). I think the fisherman was the oldest lead at 40, and his “winner” was appropriately crazy, with several run ins with the law.

And there will be plenty of 25 year olds in the Bachelor universe to fill out a cast for Paradise 

Anyone have any bets on what happens next week? I know they always plug the “most dramatic finale” every year but something has to go down that’s out of left field.

1. Picks madison and she dips out. 
2. Hannah b comes back. 
3. picks the producer in question 

4. picks Hannah ann and it was all tomfoolery like some family member got hospitalized or something and that’s why he’s on the bed. 
5. Hannah b comes back and he decides he can’t pick yet. 
6. Chris Harrison informs him that Madison slept with someone and he feels betrayed. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

i'll be pissed if it's the producer.  there would've been ways to drop little hints throughout the season that they had some sort of relationship building (considering 1-2x per season, you see a producer for a second talking to the contestants).

my guess is he picks madison but she changes her mind and bolts.  then he goes after her.  if there's another "twist" after that, color me surprised.

if he's actually with the producer now, that's not something they should be broadcasting to their fans.  they want to think the "process" actually yields some sort of result.

• Like 1

Kelley says she wasn’t invited. Also missing was (maybe the name is) Natasha, African American contestant who had plenty of snark during the season. She says she was invited, but had a conflict.

(I just saw a funny comment on an article about the absence of Kelley... the poster wondered if she wasn’t there because she was the one he ultimately picked. Unlikely, but that would be out of left field.)

Edited by Vito Andolini
I thought wedding conflict for Natasha but was unclear

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Man, there are times that Sydney looks like the hottest chick on the show (non-Victoria version), and there are times she just looks meh.

Yeah, she’s really good looking except for a massive philtrum (I had to google to remember what it’s called). I’m talking about those vertical grooves we all have between our nose and upper lip. When she’s able to minimize it, she’s great, but sometimes, it leaps out. Yes, I’m being incredibly picky and assholey.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Yeah, she’s really good looking except for a massive philtrum (I had to google to remember what it’s called). I’m talking about those vertical grooves we all have between our nose and upper lip. When she’s able to minimize it, she’s great, but sometimes, it leaps out. Yes, I’m being incredibly picky and assholey.

Damn, dude, thanks for the lesson!

sydney-hightower-after-a-swim'

sydney-hightower-e1580763064390.png?w=78

She looks much better when she smiles, which kind of stretches that thing out, I guess.  

I also think she looks better with her hair lightened.

rcm_20200302_sydney_304291_1280x720_1705

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Kelley says she wasn’t invited. Also missing was (maybe the name is) Natasha, African American contestant who had plenty of snark during the season. She says she was invited, but had a conflict.

(I just saw a funny comment on an article about the absence of Kelley... the poster wondered if she wasn’t there because she was the one he ultimately picked. Unlikely, but that would be out of left field.)

That would be interesting for sure! I noticed she was missing too.

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

now it's all i can see.  thanks.  dick.

• Haha 1

Madison’s conversation was one of the most mature, realistic discussions I’ve ever seen on this show... so of course it looks like she completely backtracks next episode.

Also this, hoooooly shit.

This. Madison seems to be real wife material. Yet she agreed to go on the show so something is wrong with her.

Madison plays a good game and almost had me convinced she’s less crazy than the average woman and then boom she goes full psycho with her eyelashes. Looks like she has a bunch of cricket legs hanging off of her eyelids. That’s a run for the hills type of indicator.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, royiv said:

Peter's mom is batshit crazy. I can't imagine enduring her as a mother in law. 

Peter's brother kind of puts off a Case McCoy "Herp-a-Derp" vibe to me.

So what is the thing that Peter is not expecting that completely throws him off? I thought it was going to be Madison not showing up at all -- but that was shoved aside when she basically told him she wasn't there on their last one-on-one date. BUT Chris spoiled things a bit by saying we haven't heard the last from Madison (didn't he?) on the wrap-up last night. I might be mistaken but was there a clip of him talking to her and him asking if she made a mistake the day or two earlier? Maybe Hannah B shows up and that's who Peter winds up with because he's clearly not ready to marry Hannah Ann and Madison and he will not work out either. Or maybe there's some truth to the producer rumor.

40 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

SHe reminds me of my mil.  And speaking from experience, that behavior is entirely due to the enabling of Peter and his father.  

I retract my statement.  "You gotta stop doing this" is something that no one has ever told my MIL.

Edited by Beau Vine