Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise Catch-All

C-Man

14 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Harrison went on record today saying it was not really Madison’s fault they were waiting. Her and Peter were talking about where things were and if they were not moving forward in a good way, she should not meet his parents. Burb blames her but that’s a legit reason IMO and one shared by both people. Peter hung her out to dry when Burb was going at her during the finale.

Although, didn’t she meet them and spend some time with them at their renewal ceremony earlier in the season?

Meh.  They were out there still talking about the same shit they'd been discussing for the past week.  It was all part of her plan to get as much screen time as possible and drag out the drama.  She planned on pulling the ripcord at the last possible minute and that whole three convo was part of the plan.  If it was a production hold up, that I would give her a pass for.  

26 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

What's the longterm success rate for this show?

I'm impressed at how quickly Hannah and Peter fucked up their endgames. They make Colton look competent.

the last 5 years or so has been abysmal.

and i'm just talking about a lengthy relationship.  forget actually following through and getting married, that's a really small number (i'm sure somebody can fact-check it).

there have been far more successful relationships from bip over the past few years.  obviously there's a lot more opportunity there, and the format is closer to real life.

The Bachelorette has a much better success rate than The Bachelor.  Hell, BIP has a better success rate than The Bachelor.  I think that says something about the genders and what the guy leads are after as compared to what the female leads are looking for.  The guys aren't probably as serious about finding love as the women so they give them a bunch of influencers, models, aspiring actresses, and pageant girls.  The Bachelorette is usually more serious about finding a husband and the guys they give them line up with that.  Then they throw in some Jed's and Luke P's for the viewer benefits and sit back and watch the shitshow.   

Peter is quite the case study.  Last season, Hannah screws him over and picks some dude that's just there for the notoriety and he gets his heart smashed.   You'd think he'd be hyper aware of this and go out of his way to make sure he didn't do the same thing.  It's like he went out of his way to do the exact same thing.   Which probably means he's a fuckboy and was just there to keep his name in the press and get to bang a couple of hotties.  Probably should have filled Barb in on the master plan.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Quick rebound. You can still be a virgin and scissor, amiright?

Madison looks very happy and relieved.  And now she's besties with Selena Gomez.  I'd say she got exactly what she wanted out of this experience.  So did Peter.  Hell, so did Hannah Ann.  Everybody but Barb comes out a winner!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 5:06 PM, ajax said:

We all questioned your sexuality, Colton.

13 hours ago, ss13 said:

You kids are really hardcore if you start watching this Monday night. 

https://abc.com/shows/the-bachelor-presents-listen-to-your-heart

Nah gah dah.

5 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Can't do it.  Sing-and-dance reality TV jumped the shark after "____Got Talent."  Every-fucking-theme these days is sing and dance.  Lego Masters is way cooler than this shit.

So who watched? I didn't. Looks terrible.

8 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

Guilty as charged. First episode and rose ceremony made no sense. A few of the selections were completely random with some couples having zero on-screen time together...which actually makes perfect sense given how bad this show is. Subscribed.

Yeah that first episode really concentrated on a handful of contestants and completely ignored about half of them.  Since it's set up in the BIP format, I have hopes for this show.  

Watched and didn’t hate it. Big difference to me is that you have no clue who anyone is. It was odd/dumb that they focused on ~6 people for two hours and ignored everyone else. Don’t be even know who some are that stayed and got kicked off.  Seemed like they could have made a couple episodes out of the first couple days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 8:44 PM, pied said:

Watched #2. Still so much focus on a few people while others are literally anonymous. It’s ok, thought Julia as cool, now don’t. WTF else is going on these days. 

Are you still watching this?  If so, how fucking delicious was the big bowl of karma that got served up to Brandon and Julia last night?  That was fucking awesome.  If they'd have stuck with their original partner, they'd probably still be there and the young girl that freaks out all the time would be gone.  

Yeah, been running a few days behind bur watched damn near live last night. Julia’s just a class a bitch. Great villain and Brandon as a douche. Wife said Sheridan could be a contestant on The Bachelor and I agree, women would love him. 

Show’s not bad, worth a couple hours a week. 

12 hours ago, pied said:

Yeah, been running a few days behind bur watched damn near live last night. Julia’s just a class a bitch. Great villain and Brandon as a douche. Wife said Sheridan could be a contestant on The Bachelor and I agree, women would love him. 

Show’s not bad, worth a couple hours a week. 

She was pretty awful.  She knew Sheridan was the correct choice, but he just wasn't good looking enough and he didn't treat her shitty.  So she just toyed with him until she got her chance at Super Douche.  The two of them are a perfect study in how to end up alone forever.  She's addicted to assholes that treat her shitty, so she treats nice guys like Sheridan like shit to make herself feel better about being treated shitty.  Brandon just wants to fuck and let both of them get close enough to think he's into them, but pushed them away before it gets too serious.   If this had gone down in real life, he'd have slept with both of them and they'd never hear from him again.  And Sheridan would be at home jerking off and wondering why he can't find someone who's into him.   

• Like 1

Hannah B is in trouble. Should she be? Is singing the lyrics of a rap song with the N- word mean she’s  racist? Her being from Alabama doesn’t help her case.   I’m really not sure. Her weak apology Is probably more damming. 

Edited by TonyTexas

Finished the show and it was ok.  Very similar to BiP, but they get some sort of music tour and that part makes little sense.  

For those who didn’t watch, after they all coupled up, they’d sing for a panel, couple of Bachelor alums and some entertainment  people. They’d vote who they thought seemed the most into each other biased on their performance and I guess they pretty much got that right, but maybe not.  Easy to see a couple of average singers who seemed more “in love” gettin the deal vs. better singers. 

Oh well, nothing new on the horizon. 

18 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The show was surprisingly entertaining early on, but completely fizzled out by the end once most of the drama was gone.  If they want to bring it back, they'll need to tweak the format a bit.

hanna b the rapper? that type of tweak/twerk?

23 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The show was surprisingly entertaining early on, but completely fizzled out by the end once most of the drama was gone.  If they want to bring it back, they'll need to tweak the format a bit.

Once Rudi and Matt were gone, I started fast forwarding through a lot of it.  They ended up with the 4 most boring people on the show.  

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Soules, he was The Bachelor five years ago. Killed an old dude by rear-ending him, but hey, the dude was old and Chris was the Bachelor , so all's good. Article is about skanky chick, not old dude:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8367955/Chris-Soules-Victoria-Fuller-exclusively-dating-quarantine-Iowa.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

I read that HBO Max has all the Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons in its library.   Can anyone with HBO Max confirm?  What about BIP?  

I am only seeing 3 seasons of each (I think not the most recent season of each but the previous 3 before that but could be wrong) Also 3 seasons of BIP.

In WAY more important news-

Also includes-

Bachelor UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand

Bachelorette Australia and Canada

Bachelor Pad

Bachelor in Paradise Australia

• Like 1