Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise Catch-All

C-Man

Finally watched this week’s episode last night and dear God is Taysha a million times improvement over Claire. Thank you ABC for going back multiple times the shot of her climing up the pool steps in the red bikini. She’s hot as hell and seems like a cool chick. I like how they spring four new dudes on and Spencer automatically assumes role as show villain.

Somebody remind me how Taysha’s Paradise last summer ended. My wife said she was with JPJ most of the summer but couldn’t remember how it ended.

Still watching.  Not very entertaining, but I'm a junkie so it is what it is.  Just dumb that they put Ed and Chasen together, too predictable and what a wuss out moment.  You knew what was going to happen and backed out when they announce the matchup.  If your shoulder's busted (first I don't think you get that big but that's anotehr story) then say it up front and no biggie imo.  Second, they asked for a volunteer to come in and Noah did so get over it.  If it wasn't him then it would have been someone else on the date.  

15 hours ago, pied said:

Still watching.  Not very entertaining, but I'm a junkie so it is what it is.  Just dumb that they put Ed and Chasen together, too predictable and what a wuss out moment.  You knew what was going to happen and backed out when they announce the matchup.  If your shoulder's busted (first I don't think you get that big but that's anotehr story) then say it up front and no biggie imo.  Second, they asked for a volunteer to come in and Noah did so get over it.  If it wasn't him then it would have been someone else on the date.  

Yeah, that was weak of Ed. Suck it up and get after it. Have no issue with Noah going on the date after he hopped the fence. That the rest of the guys got bent out of shape is silly, but then again this "universe" has been living in the absurd since it started 20 years ago. Who was it who bailed on the tug of war because of bad knees. Was that Bennett?

We've gotten a lot of laughs out of Chasen calling Taysha a "smokeshow." Apparently, my wife has never heard that before. I about fell off the coach on her callback later when she mistakenly said "smokestack" -- we weren't even drinking.

It's a little boring, maybe, but Taysha doesn't bring the crazy like Claire. Taysha seems like a pretty cool chick and, damn, that rack!

What were the rules of that thing? Takedown? Pin? Submission? Points?

That one guy had a nice takedown (body drop? I'm terrible with Judo names). Chasen and the guy in jeans looked like they knew what they were doing. Chasen had the double leg, but the jeans guy reversed him easily. No idea why they gave the match to Chasen.

Taysha's demonstration of a Tomoe Nage was the sorriest piece of shit I've ever seen.

55 minutes ago, ajax said:

What were the rules of that thing? Takedown? Pin? Submission? Points?

That one guy had a nice takedown (body drop? I'm terrible with Judo names). Chasen and the guy in jeans looked like they knew what they were doing. Chasen had the double leg, but the jeans guy reversed him easily. No idea why they gave the match to Chasen.

Taysha's demonstration of a Tomoe Nage was the sorriest piece of shit I've ever seen.

giphy-downsized.gif

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, that was weak of Ed. Suck it up and get after it. Have no issue with Noah going on the date after he hopped the fence. That the rest of the guys got bent out of shape is silly, but then again this "universe" has been living in the absurd since it started 20 years ago. Who was it who bailed on the tug of war because of bad knees. Was that Bennett?

We've gotten a lot of laughs out of Chasen calling Taysha a "smokeshow." Apparently, my wife has never heard that before. I about fell off the coach on her callback later when she mistakenly said "smokestack" -- we weren't even drinking.

It's a little boring, maybe, but Taysha doesn't bring the crazy like Claire. Taysha seems like a pretty cool chick and, damn, that rack!

lol, my wife asked what smokeshow meant too.  

• 2 weeks later...

DirecTV is shit. Dumped them two years ago for streaming, we have a Roku or Amazon Fire on every TV in the house and save probably about $120 a month (I was wasting money on those bullshit “client” tiny boxes that literally never worked in guest rooms that were never used) and am much happier with the service. Unless you’re like RPM and forced to use satellite due to living in the boonies, get good internet service and dump DTVs ass. I’ve used DirecTV’s streaming service (now called ATT) and it sucked, but free HBO. I didn’t like Sling’s split lineup. HuluLive forces ad breaks in live shows, including football, which was infuriating. YouTubeTV is awesome, other than the fact they keep raising the price. I think it’s $64.99 now. For me, YouTubeTV is head and shoulders the best option.

But there are at least two different cord cutter threads on this website, so...

That Tayshia sure got some big titties, huh?

And for those who watched, it was funny how they handled Chris Harrison’s big Covid protocol fuckup. That explanation about “going to bring my son to college” was certainly taped later, because the true story as reported at the time was Harrison took his kid to college without the producer’s knowledge, and when he returned, they told him since he left the bubble, he had to quarantine for two weeks, and they brought in JoJo. I’m betting they even taped (two weeks later, following his quarantine) the jokey “Ed mistakenly goes to Chris’ room and drinks wine” bit, and inserted it in last week’s episode to give Harrison some face time, because that was probably about the time he left the resort.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 10:11 AM, pied said:

Need some help from the non AT&T/Tegna customers.  Cliffs from last week and a recap of tonight's episode are appreciated.  

I'm one of the AT&T/Tegna folks but we've watched the last two weeks on ABC's streaming channel. You have to wait a day and wade through commercials but it's doable.

Trying to remember all of last week's but the main takeaway is that things finally came to a head between Bennett and Noah and they were part of a surprise 2-on-1 date the night of the rose ceremony. Rather than concentrate on his own relationship with Taysha, Bennett laid continued to belittle Noah. Bennett is like a lame cyborg Clark Kent. At any rate, she wound up sending him home in the opening moments of this week's show. It was about as awkward a walk to the car as I remember. Read the room, dude. Noah is understandably happy and she catches him smiling/gloating when she comes back from walking Bennett to the car. She said this isn't a happy moment and tells him he isn't getting the rose either and must go to the Rose Ceremony.

She gives him the rose there, though. And we move on to the 1-on-1 date with Ben. I think he's the favorite now. He opened up to her and told her he tried to commit suicide twice. (So we've got a former fat kid who had an eating disorder and tried to kill himself, a guy who was married/divorced young and become a serious drug addict and some other odd ducks left it seems.) The group date is hooking the guys up to a lie detector test -- I'm sure that was scientific and accurate and shit -- and we find out the drug addict cheated on a GF or wife, which raises all kinds of shit for Taysha. Riley flunks the answer when he's saying his name to set his baseline. Turns out the former drug addict cheated on his teenage GF when he kissed another girl at the Bowl-A-Rama when he was 13 or something. They laugh. Riley had some sort of falling out with his family, mainly the dad, and changed his name or something. I wasn't really following.

Cut to Taysha walking back insider her gated area to her room after the group date -- which she didn't give a rose to any of the guys -- and she's shocked, she's stunned, it's ... Bennett. He convinces her to talk to him and he, as usual, comes off bizarre as shit. They talk for a bit and he asks to come back after telling her he's "so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so sorry." She wants to sleep on the decision and completely confused. It took a few weeks but we're finally seeing some crazy from Taysha. Show is over. Producers didn't bother holding anything back as Bennett is in the previews for next week.

TL/DR version: I'm mesmerized by Taysha's tittays -- they're hypnotic.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

does nobody have hulu?  that’s the way to go here, and it’s the best streaming service.

her catch phrase is “i’m not gonna lie.” weird for a chick with so many trust issues. 

lie detector test seems like some bullshit, especially this late in the game. 

I don't know anymore.  I know I pay for Peacock/CBS/ESPN+ for sports(mainly soccer), Disney/Netflix for the kids ON TOP of DirecTV.  Maybe paying for Hulu, maybe not.

I'm old, but that crap just wears me out.  Firestick on one TV, move the Xbox for another.  None of those are aseasy and satisfying as the regular DTV remote/DVR. 

• 2 weeks later...

somehow the dispute got fixe this week, but mrs. pied has started watching the ones we missed from the app.  Still a couple behind.  That lie detector stuff was rough.  Didn't quite understand the mom/dad story but it seemed serious.  

Tayshia seemed to handle not giving out the rose at the group date MUCH better than Clare/Claire. 

Everyone has their own issues, but this group of dudes seem next level.  

Man, it just sort of ended with little fanfare didn't it? I know with COVID it was a weird season and all but it all wrapped up pretty quickly at the end. I'd been thinking Ben was going to be the winner pretty soon after Taysha was brought on board. When he came back, I kind of wondered if it would stick. Not that I'm stepping out on a huge limb here but doubt Taysha and Zach make it for any length fo time.

The next one starts next week. Looks intriguing enough. I wonder if this one will include more of the regular activities. Not sure I can handle another one from the resort in Palm Springs.

The next one is from Nemacolin in PA. I've stayed there before and they should have a lot more options for activities than they did in Palm Springs. PS in the dead of summer was an awful choice and add on top of that all of the dates looked like they were produced by a local AV club. Just terrible production.

11 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Queen Victoria is the least attractive woman to ever be on this franchise.

Quite possibly. Meh looks + Drunk + Thinks highly of herself = not a good combo, buddy. That was a total producer choice to make her the final pick. She sucks.

Matt James seems like a good enough dude. There are some hot chicks on this one.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Quite possibly. Meh looks + Drunk + Thinks highly of herself = not a good combo, buddy. That was a total producer choice to make her the final pick. She sucks.

Matt James seems like a good enough dude. There are some hot chicks on this one.

I imagine it all comes down to what type someone prefers.  Matt and I appear to be on the same page in this, so I am onboard with the ladies this season.  No bleach blonde, fake tittied, influencers is a big step in the right direction.  Of course, next season, I'm sure we'll be back to empty headed immature blonde girls named Hannah and Brittney, so I'll enjoy this while I can.  

Apparently he got rid of 7 girls last night.  I think only 3 got any post-elimination air time, so I have no idea who else got the ax.  Weird how many of them never even talked to him at the cocktail party.  I guess they're used to guys throwing themselves at them and they have zero game.  

wife watched while I was out, so I just did a quick review.  Guy seems pretty cool, although he seems to go WAY into being raised by a single parent in the previews.  Also seemed to focus A LOT more on the girls than him with the girls in the season preview.  Guessing a lot of drama.  The place seems 100% better and cooler than the last resort and looks like they can get off property a little.  Wonder how the one girl felt about the prayer to open it up and she all carrying a dil around.

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

We watched the Crimson Sarks take down Ohio State last night so didn’t watch Bacehlor until tonight. Jesus, Victoria is simply awful. She’s going to get Marilynn booted next week it appears. Wow.

She is one of the worst villains they've ever had.  She's not interesting at all.  She is far and away the ugliest girl on this season (or any season ever really).  There's no entertainment factor with her like the good villians in the past.  She's just fucking awful and I want her to be humiliated on her way out the door.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

She is one of the worst villains they've ever had.  She's not interesting at all.  She is far and away the ugliest girl on this season (or any season ever really).  There's no entertainment factor with her like the good villians in the past.  She's just fucking awful and I want her to be humiliated on her way out the door.  

It's almost like she's a network plant to gin up drama.

On 1/14/2021 at 2:52 AM, henrygandorf said:

there’s a chick like this in every season. but typically they’re hot at least. 

also calling herself queen repeatedly?no me gusta. 

the other girls should’ve pulled him aside to set him straight. clearly that did not happen. 

You're right -- but Victoria seems even more over-the-top than normal.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:42 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Victoria is hilarious

She kind of reinvented herself in the final 90 minutes this evening. Seems like she's getting along with some of the other girls (sorta). Anybody else watching that sty on her eye getting worse by the minute. Reminds me of Woogie from There's Something About Mary.

image.png.65c7c68fd003bb00cf63bfbe2bee35c7.png

6 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Clare and Dale are done. There is someone out there for everyone but Clare's potential pool of prospects is just a puddle. She has so many red flags. 

Saw that coming a mile away. As one of my wife's best friends texted along with the TMZ link to the story: "About as shocking as farts after chili."

13 hours ago, C-Man said:

She kind of reinvented herself in the final 90 minutes this evening. Seems like she's getting along with some of the other girls (sorta). Anybody else watching that sty on her eye getting worse by the minute. Reminds me of Woogie from There's Something About Mary.

she looks like what would happen if beanie feldstein lost the weight because people told her she would be pretty but then this happened instead.

• Haha 2