How much do you pay for siriusxm?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I paid $99 for 12 months of the higher tier Sirius with all the channels and streaming and they gave me a free echo dot which was going for about $30 on Amazon when I used my voucher for it. So not a bad deal. I had been doing the call every 6 months thing on the previous truck but hadn’t done so in the new one since I was back in free trial. I guess they switched to two packages last year at some point and the channels I listened to mainly were on not the basic package.

• 2 weeks later...

Same deal as last year.  3 radios (incl one with All-Access), $99/ea.  One streaming sub (or whatever they call it) for an extra $20. 

Not great, but I'll take it.  If the wife or MIL were to lose their service even for a day, it wouldn't be worth the $50/yr or whatever I could potentially save by dropping service for a little bit.

Edited by Redneck Mutha

• 3 weeks later...

Three subscriptions up tomorrow.  Called today and cancelled two and renewed one for $60/yr.

They offered the same deal for all three radios, but I don't use one very much and the other cuts in and out all the time. 

Edited by Jerry Callo

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 10:45 PM, mycox said:

It's going to be interesting to see what SiriusXM is up to after they acquire Pandora.

They launched 100 new channels on their app/web player called "xtra" channels, not sure if it's related to the Pandora acquisition or if it was something they were previously working on. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 12:21 PM, Dutchrudder said:

On the phone with them now, and got 12 months for $60+tax+fees. $77 for a year ain't bad, but the key for going from 6 to 5 a month was paying all 12 months up front. Offer that to get a better deal. 

Just got this same deal.

• 1 month later...

Wow, calling their number is not the way to go anymore.  Damn Indian women kept trying to upsell me and pretended not to hear me when I told her I didn't want it at that price.  I ended up hanging up on her.  The dumb bitch actually cancelled my service and issued me at $.62 refund.

Chat was a total 180.  Well spoken (in type), able to offer me the same package I had before (6 mo All Access for $50 + tax&fees).  All told, $64.33.  If you pay through the chat and ask, they'll take off the invoice fee, which saved me another $2.

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Just called and did the cancel routine.  Best I could do was:

6 months $40 (plus tax) for XM select + streaming

6 months $30 (plus tax) for XM select with no streaming

I could swear that I've heard an ad playing on Sirius saying streaming is now included in all Select plans.  I was actually going to try it out sometime but I don't really listen to anything on the computer.  I've got other forms of entertainment on the computer.

4 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

I could swear that I've heard an ad playing on Sirius saying streaming is now included in all Select plans.  I was actually going to try it out sometime but I don't really listen to anything on the computer.  I've got other forms of entertainment on the computer.

That's what they told me too, but I think it's just marketing bullshit.  Select now includes streaming, but they have "Select Lite" which doesn't.   And Select jumped up in price $15 over the old 6 month deal price, while Select Lite is $5 bucks more than the old no-streaming Select plan. 

I needed All Access to get the NFL Network and streaming capabilities.  I listen more often on my Soundwear at work through the app on my phone or on the Amazon Echo at home than I do in the car.

It just pisses me off because the content I listen to still has a shit load of commercials, including that fucking Kars4Kids shit.

Well it turns out I was the outage.  I had just mounted a new antenna (correction, it was a new installation in a new location, I was using an old used antenna) and everything was going great.  Used it for a couple days, zero issues.  Listening the other day, FZZZZTTPPP, sound just shuts off.  Look at display, says "Acquiring signal" with "X" where strength bar indicator normally shows.  I'd had issues before when it would show "antenna not connected", but hadn't seen this message before.  When I physically disconnected it from antenna, then I would get that "ANC" message.  Tested the unit right after the actual antenna connection outside before any of the coax I had added to get it further into my house (I've got one hall closet filled with media that gets distributed throughout home and lawn from here, bluetooth, wired, FM signal, etc.) and it was still reading the same, so I knew then my install was good, the actual physical antenna had gone bad (never make the mistake of using an old used antenna if you do a new install/mount, just spend the money for a new one as I found out the hard way, these fuckers just stop working sometimes).  Cut antenna wire, reconnect NEW antenna and everything was fine.  Outage map is actually worse now, but I think its just the app, not the signal from sat.  The receiver is one I bought years ago that has a LifeTime non transferable package built onto it so I haven't actually "paid" anything since the initial purchase, so when troubleshooting I can't really just have a new one sent out, as that would require new activation and monthly fees.  Not too keen on paying those.

TLDR:  Mullet outsmarted himself, hard to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Chopper said:

I bought the lifetime subscription offer back in 2007. I think it was 300 or $400, can't recall. But between spotify and various podcasts I have no reason to listen to sirius anymore. 

Really?   Hell, I love the live sports.  Any baseball game, almost any college football game, any NFL game, etc.  Plus all of the live news channels.  I enjoy Stern, but when he quits, I'll keep sirius.

6 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Really?   Hell, I love the live sports.  Any baseball game, almost any college football game, any NFL game, etc.  Plus all of the live news channels.  I enjoy Stern, but when he quits, I'll keep sirius.

When they changed the subscriber categories this year they took away MLB from those with a lifetime sub and that was almost the only thing I ever listened to. I don't even think they gave me notice about the change. I stopped listening to Stern maybe 7 years ago. Although now that I think about it I've listened to Nikki Glaser's siriusxm show on demand a couple times after listening to her podcast first. 

I'm not in the car long enough to really care about sirius anymore...although next road trip I will try the bluetooth connect with my car/phone. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...