How much do you pay for siriusxm?

I got lazy and stopped doing the every-6-months-cancel routine a few years ago. Realized I was now paying $22/month for one radio and $160/year for the other. Yikes!

I attempted w Chat just now, but she said I wasn’t eligible for $60/year. I said cancel and she gave me phone number to call. I called and left a call back number rather than waiting in queue. 10 mins later they called me back. I said cancel because too expensive and she IMMEDIATELY offered the $60/year deal for both of my radios. Sirius Select Lite. No streaming which is fine for me.

Saved $300/year w 5 min phone call. Don’t be lazy.

Same experience just now, called to cancel, left call back no, got called back in 10-15 min.  Told them I wanna cancel cuz it's too expensive, first offer was $60/year which I jumped on.  Sirius Select, not sure about streaming but I don't use that.

Only tip I have is call the cancellation number instead of the main customer service number.  I waited on hold on the main number for 15 minutes or so before I found the cancellation number.  866-635-5020 is the cancellation number.

• Like 1

Not that it's a big savings but everyone seems to enjoy getting their SiriusXM as low as possible.  It appears that most Chase cards have a $5 off any SiriusXM purchase. You get it credited back to your credit card statement at the end of the month.  It's not automatic, you have to log on to chase.com and add it as one of your Chase offers.  For me, the deal is good through the 4th so the clock may be ticking on your $5.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:42 PM, Buzzrock said:

What’s the approach with the chat agent? I said I wanted to cancel and they said chat agents don’t do that.

You have to call.  Chat agents won't do shit.

I get 4 radios for around $260 a year or so (my car, wife's, daughter's and third car).  I've got a Google calendar reminder coming up on the 21st of this month.  I'll call in, tell them it's expensive, and after a few minutes it's always between $60 and $65 for each radio for 12 months.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, 1978horn said:

Just went through the song and dance.  Best I could do was $40 for 6 months and streaming for 2 cars so $80 total.  This was at the "cancel" representative.  5 months for $25 seems to be gone now.

Nope.  Just cancel and try again later.  It’s kind of a war of attrition.  Usually takes me 5-6 tries and 2-3 days each time. 

Remember that they have almost zero variable cost to bring you the service, so there’s really no point at which they lose money by adding you.  

I found many years ago that it’s best to directly state the offer you want. If you wait for them to suggest it to you, you’ll be at it much longer.

Thats what i do. Ive been 5/25 since i started this thread in like 2015 on TOS.

Couple hagles, theyll transfer you and voila...back to your plan

If youre not on 5/25...just say you have a friend thats on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh.  

I forgot; Sirius took out $142 for a year renewal on 1 of my four radios.  The other three were charged around $4 each for another 2 weeks or so; then their renewal would come due at another $142 each.

I called in, asked for the cancellation department.  Got a gentleman and I explained the situation, and I wanted to cancel.  He immediately said he had a promotion that combined with taxes, music fees, whatnot came to $72 a radio.

I asked him about the $142 that was charged this morning.  He had no idea, and insisted that had not occurred.  I told him to just pull the plug and refund my money.  He put me on hold, then came back with an acknowledgement that I had been charged.  So, once he acknowledged that I had paid some money prior to my calling in, I asked that since I have overpaid for a radio, do I get a refund or credit to apply to the other 3 radios?

He put me on hold for another 10 minutes or so, then came back with a credit applied to the 1 radio that was charged, then applied that credit to the other three radios.

So...at the end of almost an hour phone call....$142 + $118 =  $260 for 4 radios renewed for 1 year.  That's still cheaper than the $72 with taxes and fees I was quoted at the beginning of the call.  I have no idea how they calculate things; I think they just make shit up as they go along.

Lesson learned.  Don't forget to call in before they charge your card and "negotiate" your "promotion".  Otherwise, the ESL rep I spoke with has a hard time figuring out what to do.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I canceled but it was mainly due to the signal always going out in my truck.
I tried refreshing multiple times and it didn’t help. It would go out 5-10 times on my way to and from work.

My Suburban was the same, so I cancelled as well.  Works just fine in my wife's Toyota, though.

I tried refreshing multiple times and it didn’t help. It would go out 5-10 times on my way to and from work.

There is one particular spot on my daily commute that frequently goes out. I figured it’s power lines related. I recall many years ago in Georgia it was always going out because of the super tall pines right next to road. Other than sitting at stoplights under an overpass and that one spot, I never have it go out.

Also, the experimental channels in the 300s seem to have occasional problems. I’d guess they’re not given the same bandwidth.

I use the App every day. I wonder how to get access to the app under the new All Access trial.

Just create a new account for your new radio. Should work fine. They certainly want you to be trying the app during the 90 days.

Per someone earlier, if you want the app it may be $40 for 6 months rather than $30.

I'm paying $5 for the wife's car which includes online and app on my phone.

How long ago did you get that one? That’s what I had before I got lazy and stopped calling. When I just did it last month they wouldn’t offer online for that rate anymore. Seems to be a fairly new restriction

16 hours ago, Lurch said:

How long ago did you get that one? That’s what I had before I got lazy and stopped calling. When I just did it last month they wouldn’t offer online for that rate anymore. Seems to be a fairly new restriction

11 months ago.  Just received the auto renew thing in the mail.  At sometime during the year, they sent an email stating that my subscription now included streaming.  They were probably setting me up for a more expensive renewal with more services.  I rarely use the streaming.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2019 at 6:42 PM, Lurch said:

They had me call 888-601-6302, fwiw

Calling this number first is the way to go.  My deal is expiring next week so I called in today.  Asked what my renewal options were and they gave me the $60 1 year renewal right away.  Never had to threaten to cancel.  That was the least painful it's ever been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Calling this number first is the way to go.  My deal is expiring next week so I called in today.  Asked what my renewal options were and they gave me the $60 1 year renewal right away.  Never had to threaten to cancel.  That was the least painful it's ever been.

Just did it.  $60/year for one car and online streaming.

Seems like my channels that I listen to regularly stay in, but if I switch to a channel that I don’t listen to often the signal cuts out terribly. Anyone else notice that?

I don’t think there is a connection there. Rather, I believe that inside their allocated spectrum, some wavelengths are stronger than others and also that they allocate more bandwidth to the more popular channels to reduce loss of coverage likelihood (and improve perception of quality by reducing compression) across their user base. Simply, not all channels are equal. Their test channels are easily the ones that drop the most for me.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 11:40 PM, DougO said:

Listened to it a few times in the new car. The station choices still suck and the sound quality is crap.

I bought a new car back in November so the free trial is about to run out.  Your post is exactly where I'm at, but I haven't had too many issues with sound quality - nothing terrible / nothing great.  I just don't have to drive that much so I really don't see much use for it other than "background noise" for 10 - 15 minutes at a time.

I got my renewal "offer" for $100 / year.  Think I'm going to call them up and say come and get your radio.  Either that, or make it happen for < $50 per year then we can talk.

6 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I bought a new car back in November so the free trial is about to run out.  Your post is exactly where I'm at, but I haven't had too many issues with sound quality - nothing terrible / nothing great.  I just don't have to drive that much so I really don't see much use for it other than "background noise" for 10 - 15 minutes at a time.

I got my renewal "offer" for $100 / year.  Think I'm going to call them up and say come and get your radio.  Either that, or make it happen for < $50 per year then we can talk.

Aren't they already down to about $60 per year with the first "please come back" offer?

Mine, that came with the newer car, is going to run out soon. I never listen to it. The only thing it was good for was sports, if you could find the damn channel while driving and not kill anyone. I would consider about $20 per year, but even then probably wouldn't be worth it. I wish they wouldn't waste space and resources in cars. Surely, something much better will come before too long.

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, The University said:

awesome. my renewal offer is $20/month. so it's time to play the game again. 

i paid $60+$13 (royalties) for a year the last time around. what are y'all being offered for siriusxm select?

I pay $5/mo but then the fees/taxes jack it up to $6.50.  I attempted to pay for a year but they were adamant that it had to be monthly payments with a year agreement.

My two radio's were set to renew at $420.  Made the call using 888-601-6302 (thanks Lurch).  They offered me $90/year for each without blink.  I responded "I see you have a deal at $5/month on your website, that $60/year". 

Ok sir, let me see what I can do...  Yes, I can do $60/year. 

As mentioned above, this was the easiest renewal I've ever had with them. $75/year after fees is the lowest I've got it in awhile.  10 minutes and I saved $270. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the renewal email yesterday. Called this morning, said "cancel" when prompted.

Would you like to hear an offer? "Yes"

Ended up with 12 months Select for $60 plus $12.84 royalty fee plus $5.09 taxes without ever talking to a human. Credited remaining subscription($11.07) to new charges for a payment of $66.86

Better than I had, last year they switched me to Lite (no streaming) for the same money.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, The University said:

awesome. my renewal offer is $20/month. so it's time to play the game again. 

i paid $60+$13 (royalties) for a year the last time around. what are y'all being offered for siriusxm select?

was about to cancel, but i got the same deal for another 12 months. didn't even have to talk to anyone; it was an automated offer over the phone.

I got an offer in the mail to reinstate the account for my old Suburban - 3 years for $99.  Called to see if they would honor that price on newer Tahoe and no dice.  12 mos. for $60 is the best they would do.

Also inquired about the ability to sign up for the Suburban and eventually transfer deal to another radio, but this was some double top-secret, non-transferrable deal.

Edited by Jerry Callo

• 2 months later...

Called the customer retention directly +1 (866) 635-5020 and I tried the text option without talking to a human (great for multitasking).

I accepted the one year offer of $67.52 total (includes all taxes and fees, less a $10 credit for requesting to waive the royalty fee) for the Select plan for each of our two radios.

Similar offer to previous years but process was much quicker this time.

• 1 year later...