How much do you pay for siriusxm?

• 3 weeks later...

So, like an idiot, I let the trial on my new car expire before going through the various exercises here.  I just logged in, there was an offer for 6 months at $30, no fees to re-establish service or anything else.  The only other offer was 12 months for $99.  I bought the 6 month deal, renewed the signal and voila!  I'm back.  Seems like they know the "secret" is out and are just giving everyone a $5/mo deal as the norm now.  This is for Sirius Select.

Even when you pay them $25/5 months, they're still making a lot of money on the transaction.  Outside of calling them once every 5 months, there is zero cost for having me as a subscriber.  Sure they would prefer that I pay full price but if they believe I'm serious about dropping them, why not accept $25.  Good business decision.  You also have to figure that many people are lazy and pay the full amount.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:33 AM, RPM said:

Got an email promotion for 3yr/$99. That's $2.75 a month which is getting near bang for your buck level for me. If I spent more time on the road I'd probably bite.

what year vehicle do you have?  I played this card and was told it was for 2009 and older.  Tanjeep was unable to give me a reason.  

Re-upped last month for the $5 a month deal. Just got an email for a $21 credit for no reason. I have been all caught up with them and can't find where I was charged a month I didn't use. No complaints. 

16 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

$30 for 6 months. Basic, not streaming. So stupid. They spend $5-10 on my phone call every six months.

I just finished the initial 6 month trial for a new vehicle.  They offered me the 6 month/$30 deal on the web.  Maybe they're getting smart to offer this as an option for people willing to log onto their account.  Let the lazy people pay the $200/year.

How timely-

They are so fucking stupid. I have used the same email address on every radio (old school) and every new car I have had in the last like 10 years and obviously have service on through my new truck yet they still send fucking email promos from a receiver I haven't had in at least 8 years. 

2071134.jpg?ssl=1

Edited by JimmyHoffa

On 6/28/2018 at 2:33 AM, RPM said:

Got an email promotion for 3yr/$99. That's $2.75 a month which is getting near bang for your buck level for me. If I spent more time on the road I'd probably bite.

Only thing that could go wrong is they're not around for 3 years.

On 7/7/2018 at 1:39 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For that 3 year deal, is it transferable to other cars?   

One would assume so. 

I forgot to do the 6 months for $30 last year and paid a full year. Just bought a new car earlier this year and I had a credit on my account, I just had to call and add my new car VIN and they transferred the balance to the new car once the 3 month or free service ran out. 

Just called in and got $50/6 months for all access, which I wanted because the main account is for my wife's car and I use the app in my car.  I let my XM expire like 3 yrs ago because a friend who used to work for them gave me a test account log-in for the app, and it kept working.  I found that I liked using the app in my car (car is 2011 so no touch screen or cell network, etc) because you can restart shows, etc unlike on the built in radio.  Marked calendar to call in 6 mos to keep getting this rate.

Been meaning to jump back on here but my renewal process started over July 4th holiday. Six months ran out on 7/3 and I procrastinated and didn't call until this past Monday. First, I tried to handle it through online chat so I wouldn't have to go through phone call process. They couldn't offer me the 6mo/$30 deal I've had for 5-6 years probably. I said, fine, cancel me. They can't do that in Chat. I have to leave office anyway, said I'd call from the car. I call and go through the process -- I'm going to cancel if I can't get the same deal, etc, etc -- and finally, they say they're working on approving that. Apu/Punjab comes back on and says they're working on that but they can offer me 12 mo/$100 right now. I know the routine by now. I ask why I would do that. It's too much. OK, I understand he says before asking if I'd be interested for six months at $50. Had to laugh and politely decline. Thirty seconds later we were done. Back to old plan.

(Unrelated question -- I just have the most basic package -- no streaming, etc. That means I can't listen to things on the App, right? Just checking. I would like to listen to archive shows from XMU from time to time if it was available -- and cheap. I got the streaming added for one month to hear Radiohead/LCD live from Coachella one year and it was $8/month or something. Fuck. That. Shit.)

Finally cancelled my XM. Just need to bite the bullet and start using all the other shit I'm paying for (Amazon mostly). 

99% of what I listed to was music and the other 1% I can pick up via Podcast. Peace out dude who I called every 6 months to debate about cancelling! 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fuck they're playing tough this go-round.  So far, for All Access and streaming, best offer I've gotten works out to a bit over $10/mo per car.

I'm currently paying $16.50/mo for two cars, which expires Christmas Eve.

Gave me some sob story about an increase in royalties to artists as the reason for the increase.  That's a big increase in royalties.

my 3 mo trial ended last week on a new car. when i called, i had a hard time understanding the guy with his accent so i said fuck it, just cancel. never lost a signal in my car. two days later i get a mailer notifying me that my free all access trial has just started and would expire in mar 2019. also has a link to extend 6mo for $50.

i like all access and will happily pay $8/mo for it.

Just renewed two cars for $60/yr each for the Select Plan. Pretty straightforward this time vs previous years. I asked them to waive the royalty fee for this year which came to $65 total w/ taxes per car.

Maybe next year I’ll just pay for one car and add streaming but I like the interface on my radio.

good deal...

i just transferred to a new car and renewed for a year at 66+fees.  They tried to charge me a transfer/activation fee ($15) and i told them to get fucked, so they waived it.  Didnt ever think to try and have the royalty fees waived...i'll have to try that when my truck comes due.

Just called in to play the yearly song and dance.

First person told me $15 per month per radio (for 4 radios).  Told him I probably would cancel.

He transferred me to some lady who gave me 12 months for $60 + taxes and fees (came to $71 for each radio for the year).

So, it's just a bit more than what I paid last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Deals softened up considerably after the holiday.  Best I got so far was 12 months All Access for 2 cars for $58 per car - works out to $4.83 per car per month.  Even better than last year. 

Signed up but will keep trying just for fun.  They give you a credit for what you spend so there's no downside.

As a slight tangent, I'd be more interested in renewing if the audio quality over satellite didn't sound like I was listening to it using two cans and a string. Is there any hope of them either upgrading their bandwidth or improving their compression method? I guess anything they do has to be backwards compatible with the population of satellite receivers already out there, and hardware limitations in the satellites themselves...

17 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

As a slight tangent, I'd be more interested in renewing if the audio quality over satellite didn't sound like I was listening to it using two cans and a string. Is there any hope of them either upgrading their bandwidth or improving their compression method? I guess anything they do has to be backwards compatible with the population of satellite receivers already out there, and hardware limitations in the satellites themselves...

That’s why you have to get All Access or just get streaming.  Use the app and the sound quality is much better (at a bandwidth cost if your LTE is metered).  I hook my phone in through either bluetooth or the MMC cable and it sounds pretty good. 

I really only use the in-dash for talk stations or when I’m lazy.  

Does anyone have a package for 2 cars + streaming?  If so, what did you pay.  I tried to add a car and prices they were quoting me were absurd.  Ended up just cancelling for now (which I'm shocked they allowed me to do without offering a better price). Best I could get was 6 months for $49 with my old package (1 car plus streaming).  They were throwing in an Echo Dot which did nothing for me.   May try again later - I barely listen to radio or streaming this time of year but will probably want streaming at least again starting in the Spring when outside more.

I was supposed to cancel my 6 month promotion a couple of weeks ago but it slipped my mind.  Came across this thread and called to cancel / negotiate and they told me that they were charging me $120 / 6 months.  Told them to cancel me and then they gave me $5 / month for 6 months and gave me a refund.  

24 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Does anyone have a package for 2 cars + streaming?  If so, what did you pay.  I tried to add a car and prices they were quoting me were absurd.  Ended up just cancelling for now (which I'm shocked they allowed me to do without offering a better price). Best I could get was 6 months for $49 with my old package (1 car plus streaming).  They were throwing in an Echo Dot which did nothing for me.   May try again later - I barely listen to radio or streaming this time of year but will probably want streaming at least again starting in the Spring when outside more.

Well this was almost 11 months ago, so probably not applicable, but we have 3 cars (all access) and a streaming sub and paid about $330, I think? Basically $99 per car and $30 for the sub. 

Just got our renewal notice yesterday that will hit end of Feb, so I'll be eyeing this thread over the next few weeks.