thunderlounge

How much do you pay for siriusxm?

I got lazy and stopped doing the every-6-months-cancel routine a few years ago. Realized I was now paying $22/month for one radio and $160/year for the other. Yikes!

I attempted w Chat just now, but she said I wasn’t eligible for $60/year. I said cancel and she gave me phone number to call. I called and left a call back number rather than waiting in queue. 10 mins later they called me back. I said cancel because too expensive and she IMMEDIATELY offered the $60/year deal for both of my radios. Sirius Select Lite. No streaming which is fine for me.

Saved $300/year w 5 min phone call. Don’t be lazy.

Same experience just now, called to cancel, left call back no, got called back in 10-15 min.  Told them I wanna cancel cuz it's too expensive, first offer was $60/year which I jumped on.  Sirius Select, not sure about streaming but I don't use that.

Only tip I have is call the cancellation number instead of the main customer service number.  I waited on hold on the main number for 15 minutes or so before I found the cancellation number.  866-635-5020 is the cancellation number.

Not that it's a big savings but everyone seems to enjoy getting their SiriusXM as low as possible.  It appears that most Chase cards have a $5 off any SiriusXM purchase. You get it credited back to your credit card statement at the end of the month.  It's not automatic, you have to log on to chase.com and add it as one of your Chase offers.  For me, the deal is good through the 4th so the clock may be ticking on your $5.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:42 PM, Buzzrock said:

What’s the approach with the chat agent? I said I wanted to cancel and they said chat agents don’t do that.

You have to call.  Chat agents won't do shit.

I get 4 radios for around $260 a year or so (my car, wife's, daughter's and third car).  I've got a Google calendar reminder coming up on the 21st of this month.  I'll call in, tell them it's expensive, and after a few minutes it's always between $60 and $65 for each radio for 12 months.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, 1978horn said:

Just went through the song and dance.  Best I could do was $40 for 6 months and streaming for 2 cars so $80 total.  This was at the "cancel" representative.  5 months for $25 seems to be gone now.

Nope.  Just cancel and try again later.  It’s kind of a war of attrition.  Usually takes me 5-6 tries and 2-3 days each time. 

Remember that they have almost zero variable cost to bring you the service, so there’s really no point at which they lose money by adding you.  

I found many years ago that it’s best to directly state the offer you want. If you wait for them to suggest it to you, you’ll be at it much longer.

I found many years ago that it’s best to directly state the offer you want. If you wait for them to suggest it to you, you’ll be at it much longer.

Thats what i do. Ive been 5/25 since i started this thread in like 2015 on TOS.

Couple hagles, theyll transfer you and voila...back to your plan

If youre not on 5/25...just say you have a friend thats on it.