Bad songs by good artists

Superhero

Seriously though, this song doesn't have any good parts.  It's terrible and y'all are wrong for thinking otherwise. 

I'm waiting to hear back "that song's great, I still remember the first time I heard it - it was fall of my freshman year and I was getting a bj in Kinsolving when it came on the radio...."

that doesn't make the song good

10 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I'll be your Huckleberry. I liked "Waiting on a Friend. Similar to "Beast of Burden". Didn't care for Beast of Burden though.

See, I think both of those are good songs. In fact, Beast of Burden is one of my favorite Stones songs.

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2018 at 2:13 PM, Grandioso said:

disastrous Rolling Stones response to Sgt Pepper's.

Negative. The Stones were in the studio before the Beatles.

Work was constantly interrupted by Mick and Keith's drug bust and subsequent court appearances, Mick and Keith and Brian bringing friends to the studio and the usual Stones disorganization.

Sgt Peppers was released earlier than Satanic Majesties so Satanic is perceived as a response.

And then some countries wouldn't allow imports because of the "satanic". Original artwork was to have been Jagger crucified. This seems to be the only part of the album where someone (record executives) exercised better judgment to avoid all the excesses.

Another thing that people forget: these guys went to the same parties. Lennon and McCartney sang back up on We Love You. To the public, the Beatles were squeaky clean while the Stones worked "the piss and grease side of the street". Marketing image.  

I don't remember where I read this, but the version I recall is Mick and McCartney were chatting at a party and Mick described the Stones' Satanic project. A lightbulb went off over McCartney's head. 

Evidently that is the same way Bowie learned of Guy Peellaert, the artist who did the cover art for Diamond Dogs and It's Only Rock 'N' Roll.

Another thing about Mick is his sense of humor. Remember when Bill Wyman announced his retirement? "Well, it's gonna be tough to replace such a good dancer." Or dismissing early Lennon and McCartney songwriting (through his "interview" segment in The Rutles "documentary"):

To me, Dirty Work is a lesser album.

I Will Take You Home-Grateful Dead

Sweet Black Angel-Rolling Stones  (the only song whose removal would make Exile on Main Street a better album)

(I already know someone is going to neg me for these next two.)

Going to California-Led Zeppelin

The Battle of Evermore-Led Zeppelin

Good Morning, Good Morning-The Beatles

Revolution #9-The Beatles

Within You Without You-The Beatles (probably the only Harrison Beatles song I can't stand.)

anything on Nebraska other than Open All Night and Atlantic City

The Flame-Cheap Trick

Tears in Heaven-Eric Clapton

I Need You-Lynyrd Skynyrd

Hey Nineteen-Steely Dan

Time Out of Mind-Steely Dan