Bomani Jones just laid down the law re: Vince Young

Goo Punch

54 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Do any of you jabronis who keep calling him a racist want to provide a link or perhaps a story or anecdote to add in some validity to these claims?

That is something that drives me nuts on the internet.

'This person has said horrible things, they SHOULD BE SHUNNED'

Um...like what exactly? Often they do not even know they just heard somebody else say that and parrot it.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Deshaun Watson and VY were my 2 favorite college football players of all time. I was and still am pissed that the Texans didn’t draft VY with the first pick in the draft allowing that piece of shit Jeff Fisher to ruin his career. The only time I’ve rooted against the Texans is when VY came to Reliant in his rookie year. VY paved the way for guys like Deshaun and when I was watching Deshaun last season with the Texans I always thought what might have been with VY in a Texans uni.

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

This is almost my favorite play of VY. So satisfying and a big fuck you to the Texans

Yeah I was there that day. There were a shit ton of people in Texans gear cheering on VY during and after that run, getting emotional, etc, even to the point of crying. It was surreal. I'm sure a lot of them knew VY could and should have been their QB.

That play will always stand out for me for another reason too. I think it's the only time I ever saw VY look like he was running as hard as he possibly could. I was so used to watching him just glide past the supposed fastest guys on the field. You could tell he was right there in the moment, knew how much it meant, and wanted it pretty damn bad.

• Like 1

I finally saw the Greatest Game Ever Played documentary where they interview Jeff Fisher and he laments the demise of Vince Young - what a piece if shit he was/is.

I love the documentary about Nick Foles. It makes me happy to see the footage of Fisher cutting Foles, since it demonstrates on camera how stupid Fisher is. After playing for Fisher, Foles nearly quit the game of football, but good coaches helped him succeed. I hope someone reminds Fisher every day about how stupid he is.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Never been knowledgeable of Bomani, my barber likes him and I hear him on the TV when I’m at the shop on random Saturday mornings.

All that to say he was dead on with almost all except forgetting Colt being a freak stinger away from another title 4 years later.

VY moved ahead of Ricky as my favorite all-time Horn and I was at all of each of their big games. Except 1... VY bringing Texas back against OKie State, I was at a bar watching that game sick to my stomach in the first half. I still remember the one long ass run he had where he pump faked like 10 yards down field and the LB/Safety still went airborne as VY went gliding by.

22 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I finally saw the Greatest Game Ever Played documentary where they interview Jeff Fisher and he laments the demise of Vince Young - what a piece if shit he was/is.

I love the documentary about Nick Foles. It makes me happy to see the footage of Fisher cutting Foles, since it demonstrates on camera how stupid Fisher is. After playing for Fisher, Foles nearly quit the game of football, but good coaches helped him succeed. I hope someone reminds Fisher every day about how stupid he is.  

Where do I go to sign up for this job?

I'll even supply a daily foot in the ass.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 8:13 AM, CurlyDumps said:

Bomani is from Texas, right? Over the last few years I noticed, via Twitter, that he always paid close attention to Texas on Saturdays.  He was really invested in Charlie and wanted him to succeed.

boy, i know that feeling

cough

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Anytime I read someone on the Internet say “Person A just laid down the law/totally owned/totally shutdown Opinion/person I don’t like” I immediately know that whatever is being claimed did not happen.

Bomani Jones is a fucking idiot.

VY til I die 

Uh....wat.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, Goo Punch said:

Do any of you jabronis who keep calling him a racist want to provide a link or perhaps a story or anecdote to add in some validity to these claims?

Say, what's this "jabronis" shit? Is that some kind of Mexican Ebonics?

The word is  cabrón or  cabrónes -  last I heard when living in Monterrey.

Culeros is a better term for these assholes here anyway.

Edited by Armybrat

8 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I think the term "mediocre" is being extremely generous.  I think you can make a case for a guy having a long career despite mediocre results.  Fisher is more a case of "failing upwards."

I wish I had half of his luck. No idea who such an obviously untalented coach lasted so long.  

Who do you want leading your team as a college QB? The mumble mouthed god Tim Tebow? Pimple-faced, meth smoking Nazi warlord Johnny Manziel? The prima donna Matt Leinart? The borderline illiterate and egomaniacal Cam Newton? Cross eyed Sam Bradford? Or this giant ball of charisma:

Edited by Goo Punch

Who do you want leading your team as a college QB? The mumble mouthed god Tim Tebow? Pimple-faced, meth smoking Nazi warlord Johnny Manziel? The prima donna Matt Leinart? The borderline illiterate and egomaniacal Cam Newton? Cross eyed Sam Bradford? Or this giant ball of charisma:

I will take this guy..

Fuck Jeff Fisher, fuck the Texans.

• 4 years later...
8 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Fuck Jeff Fisher

yesterday i asked my buddy, "if you could choose anyone in the entire world, and punch them dead in the face as hard as you can one time, free of repercussions, who would it be?" he quickly chose putin, which is a fine choice. when he returned the questioned i immediately answered, "jeff fisher." i have very little room in my heart for hatred these days, but i hate jeff fisher.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I forgot what pretty touch Vince threw the ball with. Also, random story. I watched the pump fake OSU game with a buddy I met in Alaska in the military. He was a big Notre Dame guy. He was in San Antonio for military working dog handler training at Lackland. His name was Tim McEntee. At the time he was married to a woman named Ashli. You may have heard of her as Ashli Babbit from the 1/6 insurrection. We partied with them at their house when we were TDY in Alaska in the summer of 2005. She was a laid back surfer chick back then.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 10:30 PM, TexArcher said:

I hope Jeff Fisher and Bud Adams are roommates in the 9th level of Hell someday.

This right here.  Bud forced the Titans to draft Vince, even though Jeff was clear he was not interested in Vince.  Bud just wanted to spite the whole city of Houston.  

• Like 1

This right here.  Bud forced the Titans to draft Vince, even though Jeff was clear he was not interested in Vince.  Bud just wanted to spite the whole city of Houston.  

Houston passed on VY. They are owned and operated by either morons or people not interested in winning football games.
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Houston passed on VY. They are owned and operated by either morons or people not interested in winning football games.

This should read (They are owned and operated by morons, people who are not interested in winning football games.) Either and or does not apply to this franchise.  

57 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

This should read (They are owned and operated by morons, people who are not interested in winning football games.) Either and or does not apply to this franchise.  

Beat me to it.  I was going respond with “Both”

14 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

I forgot what pretty touch Vince threw the ball with. Also, random story. I watched the pump fake OSU game with a buddy I met in Alaska in the military. He was a big Notre Dame guy. He was in San Antonio for military working dog handler training at Lackland. His name was Tim McEntee. At the time he was married to a woman named Ashli. You may have heard of her as Ashli Babbit from the 1/6 insurrection. We partied with them at their house when we were TDY in Alaska in the summer of 2005. She was a laid back surfer chick back then.  

At one time he had best completion percentage in the NFL of pass attempts of over 20 yards.

Maybe 25 yards.

• Hook 'Em 1

My favorite highlights of VY are the ones against the best team ever assembled, against whom Texas had no chance, that VY ripped their beating heart out, showed it to em, and chunked it into the broadcast booth.

That was a great evening of football.

15 hours ago, Davis Lane said:

At one time he had best completion percentage in the NFL of pass attempts of over 20 yards.

Maybe 25 yards.

he also threw a higher percentage of deep balls than any other QB at that same time. he truly could have had a HOF career had he gone literally anywhere else. imagine if someone like Andy Reid had been his first HC. there's no ceiling on his potential there. everything that VY did manage to accomplish with his head coach actively trying to sabotage him as a player, as a professional, and as a man, and is amazing in itself. 

On 6/8/2018 at 8:33 PM, wood said:

Yeah I was there that day. There were a shit ton of people in Texans gear cheering on VY during and after that run, getting emotional, etc, even to the point of crying. It was surreal. I'm sure a lot of them knew VY could and should have been their QB.

That play will always stand out for me for another reason too. I think it's the only time I ever saw VY look like he was running as hard as he possibly could. I was so used to watching him just glide past the supposed fastest guys on the field. You could tell he was right there in the moment, knew how much it meant, and wanted it pretty damn bad.

Wait, people cried about a pro football game?   Damn they musta lost a shitton of money 

On 7/17/2022 at 3:00 PM, shadow_operative said:

yesterday i asked my buddy, "if you could choose anyone in the entire world, and punch them dead in the face as hard as you can one time, free of repercussions, who would it be?" he quickly chose putin, which is a fine choice. when he returned the questioned i immediately answered, "jeff fisher." i have very little room in my heart for hatred these days, but i hate jeff fisher.

For me it's easy ... Jeff Fisher and COTA's Bobby Epstein.

On 7/17/2022 at 7:09 PM, TexEx15 said:

16 hours ago, Davis Lane said:

Maybe 25 yards.

Yep. I never understood why he was so underrated as a passer.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

he also threw a higher percentage of deep balls than any other QB at that same time. he truly could have had a HOF career had he gone literally anywhere else. imagine if someone like Andy Reid had been his first HC. there's no ceiling on his potential there. everything that VY did manage to accomplish with his head coach actively trying to sabotage him as a player, as a professional, and as a man, and is amazing in itself. 

1000% this.

One thing is certain in my mind though. Vince Young was ahead of his time and fundamentally changed the way football is played at every level. Imagine if he came into the league now as a rookie. He'd rewrite everything.

Edited by wood