Post a pic that makes you lol

Born Burnt

Not exactly lulz until you realize that's Donald Fagen in the back left, Bette Midler across the table from him, and the host (Patty Smyth of Scandal), who is an acquaintance of mine, has ceded toasting duties to her husband (John McEnroe) and his right arm.  Fagen's face is perfect.

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people sitting, table and indoor

• Like 3

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not exactly lulz until you realize that's Donald Fagen in the back left, Bette Midler across the table from him, and the host (Patty Smyth of Scandal), who is an acquaintance of mine, has ceded toasting duties to her husband (John McEnroe) and his right arm.  Fagen's face is perfect.

Dude that is the greatest picture I’ve ever seen.

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

in english, please. 

Dude that was clear as a bell.  Unreal.  So zJohnnie Mac was the glass in the foreground?  Fagen is a hero to me.  As is Mac.  He played in the greatest era of tennis ever.  Mac, Borg, Connors, Lendl.  Unmatched.  And McEnroe was the greatest entertainer of them all.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Screenshot-20191129-212415-Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 7:45 PM, futureman said:

maybe from an entertainment standpoint?  if they played in the 21st century they wouldn’t have a major between the four of them. 

I hate stupid comments like this.  You don't think their games would have evolved to match current play?  GTFO with comments like this.  Tennis was such a bigger sport then than it is now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I hate stupid comments like this.  You don't think their games would have evolved to match current play?  GTFO with comments like this.  Tennis was such a bigger sport then than it is now.

it wouldn’t have been as big for bjorg, mcenroe, lendl and connors.  those guys are andy roddick to federer, nadal, and djokovic.  the plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

7 minutes ago, futureman said:

it wouldn’t have been as big for bjorg, mcenroe, lendl and connors.  those guys are andy roddick to federer, nadal, and djokovic.  the plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

You're equating those guys with Roddick?  I can't argue with stupid.

• Like 2

Alright, enough with the tennis lunacy.  I'm not the world's biggest tennis fan, but I did see Johnny Mac play Agassi in a charity event when Andre had fought his way back to #1, and while JM's extra decade took him out of any serious running to win the match, it wasn't nearly as lopsided as one might think.  Agassi basically sat back and bombed from the baseline while McEnroe ran his own ass off flicking volleys.  It was pretty impressive.  He would have held his own just fine in the "most modern" era -- he was a terrific natural athlete.

• Like 1