Post a pic that makes you lol

Born Burnt

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

That’s disappointing. I watched all the way to the end expecting to see some fisticuffs. Guy in the hi vis vest exercised a lot of restraint. Granted, he should not have hit and run, but freak out guy was asking for it. 

Guest Lobo

Pos rep.  I always loved that subtle note in the movie.  He schemed for days to have the perfect turkey and the dogs ruined it (sonsofbitchesbumpeses), and at the last minute they have to go upstairs, get dressed, and go out to eat.  But he still gets his slow roasted, hours long to prepare, delicious fowl meat.  Even though it should have taken a long time, he gets it as soon as they can sing a couple of songs.  He gets his perfect Christmas.  I had a long post about this a couple Christmases ago, but the movie when you watch it through the lens of the father is a completely different movie.  It's not about Ralphie getting his red rider, it's about the dad getting the happiness of providing his family with the best Christmas possible.  And he gets three little moments of happiness, a subtle trifecta if you will.  He gets the Lamp Major Award (but it's soon taken from him by gravity and fate), he gets the Peking Duck served toot sweet as a delicious alternative to the turkey, and he gets to clink glasses with his wife and she snuggles up to him on the sofa to celebrate a wonderful holiday in retrospect.  

The Duck represents so much more than just Christmas Dinner.  

44 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

things i've learned.

Don't get out of the car in drive through zoos. Don't get out of the car in Yellowstone.

Don't taunt bulls anywhere, no matter the size.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/comments/hkfgau/i_am_behind_a_fence_guys/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Must've said the magic word...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1