• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

image.png.fa8b52a4914c479407e6b81bc2a60832.png

(I take issue with the headline, we have no idea if an Indian did this.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8590299/Trump-supporter-putting-campaign-stickers-WILD-BEARS-North-Carolina-says-animal-rights-group.html

Brave Trump supporter is putting campaign stickers on tagged black bears in North Carolina - and a local animal rights group is offering a $5k reward for any information

Two wild black bears in Asheville, North Carolina, have been seen with Trump stickers on their tracking collars in less than a year 

The recent incident was on July 31 when a bear stopped on a woman's porch

She sent pictures of the bear and the Trump sticker to an animal rights group

The group is now offering a reward for information on the identity of the person putting the stickers on the wild animals 

...'I believe this is an abhorrent practice. These bears are already suffering enough with the heavy collars and metal ear mutilations. But to put a political sticker on the collar? No words can describe my anger and sadness.'

Chapman said that she had reached out to North Carolina Urban/Suburban Bear Study and also the North Carolina Wildlife Resources, but had not had a response yet. 

North Carolina State University professor Dr. Chris DePerno, who is a member of the bear study program that the school is conducting, told CNN that it's 'highly unethical to place any sticker on an animal.'

'Unfortunately, someone has habituated this bear to the point where it has lost its natural wariness of people, allowing this person to place the sticker on the collar,' DePerno said.

In doing so, 'The person that has helped this bear become food dependent and habituated is putting humans and the safety of the bear at risk.'

The danger to the human is, of course, being attacked by the bear. But, the danger to the bear is that it will likely be euthanized if it mauls a human....

Seems like a lot of assumptions there about how it was applied.  No harm if they used a tranquilizer dart and applied kill markings?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvXzvrUVqBj43SqXiGdTC

Edited by clapclapclap

On 8/4/2020 at 12:05 AM, clapclapclap said:

image.png.fa8b52a4914c479407e6b81bc2a60832.png

(I take issue with the headline, we have no idea if an Indian did this.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8590299/Trump-supporter-putting-campaign-stickers-WILD-BEARS-North-Carolina-says-animal-rights-group.html

Brave Trump supporter is putting campaign stickers on tagged black bears in North Carolina - and a local animal rights group is offering a $5k reward for any information

Two wild black bears in Asheville, North Carolina, have been seen with Trump stickers on their tracking collars in less than a year 

The recent incident was on July 31 when a bear stopped on a woman's porch

She sent pictures of the bear and the Trump sticker to an animal rights group

The group is now offering a reward for information on the identity of the person putting the stickers on the wild animals 

...'I believe this is an abhorrent practice. These bears are already suffering enough with the heavy collars and metal ear mutilations. But to put a political sticker on the collar? No words can describe my anger and sadness.'

Chapman said that she had reached out to North Carolina Urban/Suburban Bear Study and also the North Carolina Wildlife Resources, but had not had a response yet. 

North Carolina State University professor Dr. Chris DePerno, who is a member of the bear study program that the school is conducting, told CNN that it's 'highly unethical to place any sticker on an animal.'

'Unfortunately, someone has habituated this bear to the point where it has lost its natural wariness of people, allowing this person to place the sticker on the collar,' DePerno said.

In doing so, 'The person that has helped this bear become food dependent and habituated is putting humans and the safety of the bear at risk.'

The danger to the human is, of course, being attacked by the bear. But, the danger to the bear is that it will likely be euthanized if it mauls a human....

Seems like a lot of assumptions there about how it was applied.  No harm if they used a tranquilizer dart and applied kill markings?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvXzvrUVqBj43SqXiGdTC

I’m going to have to turn my BIL in for the reward.  Due to CV-19, he’s been staying at his lake house in the Asheville area and he’s upping his chicanery and ballyhoo game a bit. 

Y'all must be old. The people in kerrville are mostly olds. It does seem to have its fair share of rehabs and halfway houses, so I guess there's that...

People love it here for the rivers and there's nothing wrong with that. Try actually living here in months that aren't summer. It fucking blows and if you haven't lived it, you can't tell me otherwise.